Theme Park Recommendations

sage

2 hours ago, sage said:

Anyone got any then park recommendations for young children. 

Someone recommended Peppa Pig Land yesterday. Anyone been? 

WARNING!! INCOMING SENSIBLE ANSWER.

Peppa pig land is great. And Paulton’s Park, that it is part of was really good for younger pre teen age, lots of dinosaur themed stuff. It was perfect for us when we went with a 3, 4 and 9 year old. 

I don’t know why, but I thought Paultons park might be a bit naff, bring independently owned and not part of the Merlin group, but it was top quality, if I didn’t know better I would have assumed it was a merlin park.

it’s a bit of a trek though. You’d need accommodation. But then you can spend a day at the seaside too (maybe not in winter).

I can also highly recommend a stay at Chessington. My youngest tried her first big rollercoaster there this summer, the vampire, she’d just turned 5.

Or LegoLand is always a winner with our kids, we’ve taken them 3 or 4 times at various ages. The new Mythica ride is flipping amazing!!!

and finally if you don’t want to stop over, then CBeebies land at Alton Towers isn’t far away, and they’ve got the sea life centre there and various other rides that are good for young kids if you venture out if CBeebies land. There’s a whole new David Williams section, if your kids are single that. 

Thomas land at Drayton manor is also good for kids, and local, and they have a great zoo there too. 

spoilt for choice. 

5 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

WARNING!! INCOMING SENSIBLE ANSWER.

Peppa pig land is great. And Paulton’s Park, that it is part of was really good for younger pre teen age, lots of dinosaur themed stuff. It was perfect for us when we went with a 3, 4 and 9 year old. 

I don’t know why, but I thought Paultons park might be a bit naff, bring independently owned and not part of the Merlin group, but it was top quality, if I didn’t know better I would have assumed it was a merlin park.

it’s a bit of a trek though. You’d need accommodation. But then you can spend a day at the seaside too (maybe not in winter).

I can also highly recommend a stay at Chessington. My youngest tried her first big rollercoaster there this summer, the vampire, she’d just turned 5.

Or LegoLand is always a winner with our kids, we’ve taken them 3 or 4 times at various ages. The new Mythica ride is flipping amazing!!!

and finally if you don’t want to stop over, then CBeebies land at Alton Towers isn’t far away, and they’ve got the sea life centre there and various other rides that are good for young kids if you venture out if CBeebies land. There’s a whole new David Williams section, if your kids are single that. 

Thomas land at Drayton manor is also good for kids, and local, and they have a great zoo there too. 

spoilt for choice. 

@sage I'd 2nd everything Tiger's said.  

You've not said how young the kids were but PP World was surprisingly good when I took my kids there a few years back, plus Paulton's part has a very good selection of rides for younger and older kids, plus us adults who are really big kids (me).  We stayed in Southampton so combined the parks with the seaside - got a hotel / park deal too which saved a few quid which may be a good course if you're travelling down there. 

Went to Chessington a couple of months ago and the kids really enjoyed it but it was busy and we had to plan our day out to get the most from it.  Same with Lego Land - was great but really busy the two times I've been and very expensive if you don't get a deal / use Nectar / Tesco clubcard points. 

30 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Do you still need a bank balance the size of a small country to go to these places? 
The boys had season passes to some of these but we got those with Tesco points I think. Fright Nite at Throrpe Park was extortion..

This summer we got refunded from 3 days booked in Disneyland Paris, and used the money to have 4 nights at Chessington, including a trip into London to see lion king, 2 nights in Lego labs in the way home, and still had change to take my eldest to Alton towers on her under day. Best summer ever. 

Also, I took my two youngest to Drayton manor a couple of years ago for free. Kids under 5 go free, military discount is free. And we got in early, so they let me win one of the games. 

tesco points and carex adults go free goes a long way too. 

Edited by TigerTedd