DCFC Fans Forum on the creditors list

overlandandsea

6 hours ago, David said:

And this accusation is really bizarre given the amount of topics/posts being critical of Mel at the time

Well it wasn't an accusation for start! It was a genuine question as to whether you ever felt like there was more to the contract than what was written in black and white. If you didn't then that's cool - no need to be ultra-defensive about it

Maybe I'm just looking at it through the prism of now knowing that he wasn't the "good old Uncle Mel" we thought he was!

34 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Well it wasn't an accusation for start! It was a genuine question as to whether you ever felt like there was more to the contract than what was written in black and white. If you didn't then that's cool - no need to be ultra-defensive about it

Maybe I'm just looking at it through the prism of now knowing that he wasn't the "good old Uncle Mel" we thought he was!

That was my genuine answer to your genuine question.

Not sure how I can be anything but ultra defensive when questioned on my integrity, and not just mine but the moderators also.

There is this perception out there that you can't say anything negative about Mel on this forum, I personally remove the posts and ban the members which is simply not true, not sure how many times I can say this. 

If any members truly believe this is the case and that I've somehow lied, there are other Derby County forums on the internet, we're not holding anyone hostage on here.

On 20/11/2021 at 17:29, Bob The Badger said:

A Rams forum I'm on called Rams on Demand has a running total as per the screenshot that seems to renew about every two months although not sure on that and the target always seems to get hit and I've donated several times. People always know where the board is with costs. 

I know you're reluctant to ask people, but I also think more people would want to help if they knew you were out of pocket.

As I said last time, if @Rev hadn't mentioned the donate link I'd have never noticed it. 

I'll set up a monthly payment and if I hadn't just got a £2.5k vets bill on the back of needing new glasses and dental work (who knew both cost more over here than in the US for duck's sake?) I'd have made it more.

2021-11-20_17-23-32.png

I keep pressing the donate button above and nothing happens! (only joking)

Glad you pointed this out as I truly had no idea we could help fund the message board. Just chipped in.

On 20/11/2021 at 10:45, David said:

we have had to go on our own server which is currently £180pm. On top of that we have Google Workspace for emails, Amazon server to send notifications out, caching.

We also have software renewal fees for security and updates. Domain renewals.

Currently sat in a Liverpool pub to go through the full breakdown, however I've just had the monthly server direct debit come through.

Would it be expensive to manage a (voluntary) subscription to the forum? Even if it's voluntary, it might raise a bit.

I am fairly certain that I could set up a standing order on my phone in a few minutes - if I had the sort code and account number - and that wouldn't take much managing at all.

What is the value of the forum to members! How much is it worth to them?

500 members paying 10 pence per week would cover the server cost.

(250 @20p per week! 3p per day) etc.

... or a penny per post! ... which might bankrupt some members!

Edited by Ken Tram

On 22/11/2021 at 10:11, rynny said:

I have never removed a post being critical of Mel, unless it was abusive, and never felt I was obliged to do so either.

I'd like to confirm that there is no pressure at all to remove posts for any reason at all. We are all human so we have different boundaries of what we feel is acceptable, so there's a bit of variation in how each of us reacts to posts - but ultimately we largely agree about the boundaries of what the rules permit. 

The best way to address a post you feel goes beyond the line is to report it rather than expect us to happen upon it. 

But no, there's no mandate for what we have to react to. 

@David, can you please let my wife and children go free now? I've said what you wanted me to say. 

5 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

Would it be expensive to manage a (voluntary) subscription to the forum? Even if it's voluntary, it might raise a bit.

I am fairly certain that I could set up a standing order on my phone in a few minutes - if I had the sort code and account number - and that wouldn't take much managing at all.

What is the value of the forum to members! How much is it worth to them?

500 members paying 10 pence per week would cover the server cost.

(250 @20p per week! 3p per day) etc.

... or a penny per post! ... which might bankrupt some members!

If you are registered to paypal, you are half way there.

1/  Clicking the donate button at the very foot of this page takes you to a Paypal donation page, pre-linked linked to this forum's account (The payment confirmation actually shows a payment to @David personally, by full name).
2/  You can choose a single donation, or choose to click the "Make this a monthly donation" bonus.
Subsequently, you can return to Paypal to

3a/  Amend the monthly amount, or
3b/  Cancel altogether.

I have done all but the latter, including 3a.  Believe me, if it wasn't ultra-simple, I wouldn't have bothered!  ?

Not a Direct Debit or Standing Order of course, but the next best thing.

19 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

If you are registered to paypal, you are half way there.

1/  Clicking the donate button at the very foot of this page takes you to a Paypal donation page, pre-linked linked to this forum's account (The payment confirmation actually shows a payment to @David personally, by full name).
2/  You can choose a single donation, or choose to click the "Make this a monthly donation" bonus.
Subsequently, you can return to Paypal to

3a/  Amend the monthly amount, or
3b/  Cancel altogether.

I have done all but the latter, including 3a.  Believe me, if it wasn't ultra-simple, I wouldn't have bothered!  ?

Not a Direct Debit or Standing Order of course, but the next best thing.

Good on you for donating! I was thinking about it today, and thought that I should do it. 

David sounded a tad stressed about it. Posting the server invoice was a clue too!

Cheers! Thanks for explaining the ll options, especially for telling me about the regular payment option on PayPal.

I have never trusted PayPal. A long waffle about it follows if you want!

I do not see a donate button at the bottom of the page - I am using an Android phone - perhaps it only shows on computers?

Standing Orders

I am happy to set up a standing order if asked - just for a small amount. (But if everyone does a small amount, the server costs are covered!)

I think that I can create a standing order on my banking app.

Not like a direct debit with a form - but I think that I just whack in the details. Done. Not that I've done one for a long time, but I have seen the option.

I don't know how business bank accounts work, but I think that PayPal takes a cut, whereas I don't know if business accounts charge to receive payments?

I don't think there'd be much admin - just a prices to keep any bank details safe - and maybe send a thank you message once a year, or something.

Waffle about PayPal if you're interested, or you felt the urge to explain more about PayPal!

I don't really understand PayPal.

I do have an account I think because I get emails in my junk folder, but the credit card details will be about 20 years out of date.

Also, I think, now, there is an option to just pay by credit card through PayPal - which I don't think was possible in the past - but I just don't feel ready with PayPal.

I also think there is a relatively high number of phishing things linked to PayPal, and because I don't understand it, I am more vulnerable to a scam. (Not implying you are scamming me!!!) What I mean is, that if I use PayPal, then I am vulnerable to phishing email, etc.

And I would have to come up with a super duper password for a financial sure, and I cannot face learning a new one that I won't use year in year out, and will forget!

And there is that dodgy looking yellow PayPal button on all sorts of websites.

My only loss is eBay. That irrigable why I had an account. When I tried using eBay it was all auctions. Whenever I end up at eBay now, is like a bit now marketplace. I think that I waste money by not using eBay sometimes?

45 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

I do not see a donate button at the bottom of the page - I am using an Android phone - perhaps it only shows on computers?

Below the Twitter bird and Instagram logos.  Very bottom of page.

Shows on my laptop and i-phone.  Can't comment re androids though.

Returning to post now, to see what you are waffling on about...

?

50 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Good on you for donating! I was thinking about it today, and thought that I should do it. 

David sounded a tad stressed about it. Posting the server invoice was a clue too!

Cheers! Thanks for explaining the ll options, especially for telling me about the regular payment option on PayPal.

I have never trusted PayPal. A long waffle about it follows if you want!

Standing Orders

I am happy to set up a standing order if asked - just for a small amount. (But if everyone does a small amount, the server costs are covered!)

I think that I can create a standing order on my banking app.

Not like a direct debit with a form - but I think that I just whack in the details. Done. Not that I've done one for a long time, but I have seen the option.

I don't know how business bank accounts work, but I think that PayPal takes a cut, whereas I don't know if business accounts charge to receive payments?

I don't think there'd be much admin - just a prices to keep any bank details safe - and maybe send a thank you message once a year, or something.

Waffle about PayPal if you're interested, or you felt the urge to explain more about PayPal!

I don't really understand PayPal.

I do have an account I think because I get emails in my junk folder, but the credit card details will be about 20 years out of date.

Also, I think, now, there is an option to just pay by credit card through PayPal - which I don't think was possible in the past - but I just don't feel ready with PayPal.

I also think there is a relatively high number of phishing things linked to PayPal, and because I don't understand it, I am more vulnerable to a scam. (Not implying you are scamming me!!!) What I mean is, that if I use PayPal, then I am vulnerable to phishing email, etc.

And I would have to come up with a super duper password for a financial sure, and I cannot face learning a new one that I won't use year in year out, and will forget!

And there is that dodgy looking yellow PayPal button on all sorts of websites.

My only loss is eBay. That irrigable why I had an account. When I tried using eBay it was all auctions. Whenever I end up at eBay now, is like a bit now marketplace. I think that I waste money by not using eBay sometimes?

I get the impression that you are not comfortable with Paypal!

I do use it occasionally, not regularly, and it is linked to take the dues from my debit card details, so the Paypal balance is always £zero.
I do have ways to access my passwords, but more often than not nowadays, my handsome face alone is good enough to open doors!

I check our bank accounts regularly, if maybe not quite daily, so would (hopefully!) soon spot dodgy payments going out, be they via Paypal or any other means. (Horse/bolted/stable etc!)

I am most certainly not clued up enough to try to convince you to use Paypal, and wouldn't particularly want to, so on that score, the choice is yours.

No idea about charges etc.  I'm under the impression that's down to the recipient, not the payer, as I'm certain I don't pay anything TO Paypal. I'd imagine David (and other payees) pays a fee to Paypal as a thank you for them allowing him to use their services?

Cannot comment on pucker bank-to-bank Standing Orders being an option, in this case.  I guess that's for @David to comment on, as it would be his bank details being bandied about.  

7 hours ago, GboroRam said:

I'd like to confirm that there is no pressure at all to remove posts for any reason at all. We are all human so we have different boundaries of what we feel is acceptable, so there's a bit of variation in how each of us reacts to posts - but ultimately we largely agree about the boundaries of what the rules permit. 

The best way to address a post you feel goes beyond the line is to report it rather than expect us to happen upon it. 

But no, there's no mandate for what we have to react to. 

@David, can you please let my wife and children go free now? I've said what you wanted me to say. 

You should have left that post till after Christmas. 

On 21/11/2021 at 19:53, Dcfc_Sterling said:

If you set up a company to buy shares in Rolls Royce you'd only own fraction of shares in RR - unless you're a billionaire.

Gellaw Newco 203 wholly owns DCFC Ltd and is part of an arrangement (Debentures) that secures the borrowing DCFC has from MSD. 

Your company would never be part of RR's accounts, whereas DCFC, Gellaw Newco 203 and the other 4 companies are a commonly owned group & produce consolidated accounts. 

In a nutshell, you're talking rubbish. 

200.gif

On 24/11/2021 at 13:54, Mucker1884 said:

Below the Twitter bird and Instagram logos.  Very bottom of page.

Shows on my laptop and i-phone.  Can't comment re androids though.

Returning to post now, to see what you are waffling on about...

?

Found it! It says "donate" in plain text. Filed it out. Agreed to increase my donation to pay the processing costs - annoying. And then it insisted on knowing my phone number and would not let me proceed without it - so it didn't go through! At least I tried!