Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

46 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I always thought it seemed ridiculous and unnecessarily risky being honest.

Perhaps the tone of the original point is a little harsh but I don't get how health and safety regulations ever allowed a helicopter to land so close to thousands of people.

No and I agree with that wholeheartedly 

It’ll certainly never happen again at Filbert Way, that’s for sure

15 hours ago, bcnram said:

And winning the Premier league title, FA Cup, qualifying for Champions league, building a £100M training ground, paying ALL of their staff during the lockdown including part-time staff and getting them to work in the community. Preparing plans for a major increase in capacity. Attracting top signings and being able to move players on for significant fees. I think they are doing OK. ? 

And attracting Brendan Rodgers, one of the best in the business.

8 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Later in that article he refers to clubs trying to “do a Leicester” within a a few years and instead finding themselves dangerously near to financial extinction.
That could NEVER happen to us, could it?

Edited by Brammie Steve

10 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

A good read that was Reg, But not for those who believe in Fairy Tales, Football for me lost it's Soul years ago, I can't put a date/time on it, The passion I had for football has got me into bother with Away fans, Home fans, Family, The Law, The Courts, All because of a team called Derby County, They could have been aliens from another planet who ate their children and i've still walked on broken glass barefooted to watch them.

Football is a Corrupt Sport, FIFA, UEFA, CONCACAF and others are even today in it for the Money, Fans like B4 who posts on here, He and his Dad go home and away, Spend their hard earned, Are treated when going away as an inconvenience, He's where I and many many 1000s were back in the day.

In todays World of Football...it's run by those who have NO! affinity to the club they own, Players who cheat, Refs who are incompetent have taken the game to another World, Yesterday England Vs Albania...2mins of injury time in the 1st half, When there were 4 stopages from Albanian players going down injuered amounting to close on 8mins, The fans are still being cheated, The price fans pay for this division is £30+ for an away game...and people still pay it...and fare play to them.

Sorry for the rant all unfortunately it's the World we live in...driven by £££££££££££££££££££££.

Edited by Unlucky Alf

3 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I always thought it seemed ridiculous and unnecessarily risky being honest.

Perhaps the tone of the original point is a little harsh but I don't get how health and safety regulations ever allowed a helicopter to land so close to thousands of people.

I remember Keegan climbing into a helicopter on the pitch at the end of his last game for Newcastle in 1984 in front of a packed St James Park so not a new phenomena at all....

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I remember Keegan climbing into a helicopter on the pitch at the end of his last game for Newcastle in 1984 in front of a packed St James Park so not a new phenomena at all....

Didn't Robert Maxwell land at the BBG in a Helicopter? or was it a huge crane that lifted his bulk into the ground!

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's right... And wasn't there also an incident with Deon Dublin and his chopper, at Villa Park?  

?

7 hours ago, FoxInPeace1 said:

Helicopters are clearly more dangerous than planes but how many helicopters operate a day without incident? 

We’d been doing it for years on the Remembrance Fixture with the RAF delivering the match ball 

Watching it back now, yeah it makes me cringe, but I don’t think many thought of it like that at the time

Well if I recall correctly the queen did it at the Olympics 

I wonder if Kirchner wants to conclude to purchase quickly so he can then appeal the points deductions. Let me explain. Any sale cannot realistically take place with the potential points deduction. So take the punishment for ffp, complete the sale, get out admin and have the transfer embargo lifted. We can then sign players in January and we can appeal both the 12 point deduction and the 9 point deduction under the new owner. For the 12 point deduction, the administrators seemed confident in a positive outcome. For the ffp breach, Mel seemed to think we may be able to rewrite the accounts such that we wouldn't be in breach of ffp. 

The efl are cleat dragging things out and the administrators want to finish off as sooas possible. So they have removed their appeal allowing the efl to dish out their punishment, allow the sale to conclude  and the new owners appeal at their expense. That said I'm not sure if we will be able to appeal after the sale is concluded? 

If we can the above makes sense to me. Thoughts? 

3 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I wonder if Kirchner wants to conclude to purchase quickly so he can then appeal the points deductions. Let me explain. Any sale cannot realistically take place with the potential points deduction. So take the punishment for ffp, complete the sale, get out admin and have the transfer embargo lifted. We can then sign players in January and we can appeal both the 12 point deduction and the 9 point deduction under the new owner. For the 12 point deduction, the administrators seemed confident in a positive outcome. For the ffp breach, Mel seemed to think we may be able to rewrite the accounts such that we wouldn't be in breach of ffp. 

The efl are cleat dragging things out and the administrators want to finish off as sooas possible. So they have removed their appeal allowing the efl to dish out their punishment, allow the sale to conclude  and the new owners appeal at their expense. That said I'm not sure if we will be able to appeal after the sale is concluded? 

I don't see it that way. Kirchner doesn't seem to be that bothered about the points deduction or taking over a nearly  League One team .

I think he will want a clean state and a clear run at promotion next year. And blame it all on Mel. That's how I see it.

I also believe it is our side that postponed the admin appeal, possibly to allow an overall agreed deal with EFl including agreeing business plan on behalf of new owners. But we are all guessing really. 

9 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

image.png.dced589fce258327b6bd5a5fa101dcfc.png

17 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I wish .. but just dont see it buddy. I think were ducked 

Edited by NottsRam77

16 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I think that this is the first time I've head the EFL described as a group of metal hooks though am sure there's a euphemism hiding behind there somewhere 

17 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Our current dire straights are largely a result of MM’s disastrous relationships with the EFL and various clubs.  If CK were to start like this, with more of the same,  we would seriously be in danger of holding the lowest point total in 4 divisions. 

Anyway won’t the ‘agreed decision’ rule it out?

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I don't see it that way. Kirchner doesn't seem to be that bothered about the points deduction or taking over a nearly  League One team .

I think he will want a clean state and a clear run at promotion next year. And blame it all on Mel. That's how I see it.

I also believe it is our side that postponed the admin appeal, possibly to allow an overall agreed deal with EFl including agreeing business plan on behalf of new owners. But we are all guessing really. 

I can't imagine Kirchner wouldn't be bothered about it. Yes he said he would be in it for the long term. But given the choice between league  1 and the championship I would suggest he would prefer to remain in the championship. 

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Our current dire straights are largely a result of MM’s disastrous relationships with the EFL and various clubs.  If CK were to start like this, with more of the same,  we would seriously be in danger of holding the lowest point total in 4 divisions. 

Anyway won’t the ‘agreed decision’ rule it out?

With the new owner in and the beginning of a new relationship, perhaps if we had a discussion with the EFL about a potential appeal, the EFL would reduce the points total to give us a fighting chance of survival without a full blown appeal hearing?