Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How much do you think most of our squad are on when we've been embargoed for god knows how long!?

Thats a good point, but we still have some high earners even for Lg1.......

Merry Xmas to all Derby fans, we've been ducked over again.......  I might just jack it all in and go back to playing golf, at least the result is in my own hands!!!!!!!!!! 

6 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Seriously I'm at the point where I don't want him. He doesn't even own the club yet and he's already going unhinged.

If its a choice between this baalocks and liquidation I'll start knitting the Derby City FC scarves right away

I mean, I agree in some ways that CK could go either way. But I’d still rather have a club. That statements almost as bad as the ‘ League 1 will be great to reset the club, oh and I’ll tick off some new grounds’ statement. Although I am looking forward to Lincoln away! 

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

So the club goes into liquidation

the club and its business is sold to a new company with a surprisingly similar name and the club carries merrily on. The company that owned the club before transfer would yes ultimately be liquidated. But we don't care if the company survives, it's the club we are invested in 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

the club and its business is sold to a new company with a surprisingly similar name and the club carries merrily on. The company that owned the club before transfer would yes ultimately be liquidated. But we don't care if the company survives, it's the club we are invested in 

But the club loses the right to play in the EFL and has to start from scratch.

6 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

I think we need a very good reason why this has slipped again so soon after announcing to the fans and to the players that it was expected this week.

amd if anyone is to blame for the delay the. The fingers should be firmly pointed at them. Wycombe, Boro … you are first in the firing line you parasitical lowlifes.

Either the administrators don't know what they are doing, or mores the likely, the prospective buyers like Kirchner are just trying it on with the hope of getting the club on the cheap and making a quick buck. 

17 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Thats a good point, but we still have some high earners even for Lg1.......

Merry Xmas to all Derby fans, we've been ducked over again.......  I might just jack it all in and go back to playing golf, at least the result is in my own hands!!!!!!!!!! 

That's what DarkFruitsRam7 says when he goes away.... ?

15 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

fair enough, timing is an issue for them   But I would have thought they'd recover more slowly in a liquidation that say in a Feb sale 

AFAIAA, Liquidation removes football creditors from the equation : if there's no golden share to maintain, football creditors become unsecured creditors and go into the pot with all the others. MSD therefore ensure they recoup as much as possible from the bonfire.

It's just a theory, but I think it's at least plausible. 

35 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I just hope there is competition for buying Derby between the Gadsby group and Appleby group and they fight it out .

Maybe that’s a good thing .

Right now we just don’t know what’s happening.

Suppose we have to be patient and hope Derby County is here going forward 

Other than the moral dimension of creditors getting a better deal, it's better for us fans if there's no competition. It will just drive up the price the buyer has to pay. The more they spend acquiring the club, the less they are likely to have to invest in the team afterwards. 

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Black & White Together Retweeted:

@cskirchner: "It’s not necessarily that… very very complex situation the admins were dealt. I do have issues with the delays and inability to keep deadlines. The only one to really blame for this situation is Mel Morris. Proper duck job."

But it's not Morris's fault. He's innocent in the whole charade.......

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Other than the moral dimension of creditors getting a better deal, it's better for us fans if there's no competition. It will just drive up the price the buyer has to pay. The more they spend acquiring the club, the less they are likely to have to invest in the team afterwards. 

Investing in the team afterwards us the least of our worries at this time.

29 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Of course i realise there is no future if no one buys the club.

Creditors won't be interested in dealing with new owners about the debts owed that's why we have administrators in place. To secure the future you have to secure the present,if they can't do that there is no future.

Unsecured Creditors will get nothing if the club is liquidated. So they need a buyer to make an offer. The first thing the admin team did was to advertise for a buyer because they need someone to pay off at least some of the money owed to unsecured creditors. Otherwise they get nothing. Any creditor with any sense would rather get something rather than nothing. That's why the creditors have given (deemed ) consent to the admin proposals in the first vote. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

Unsecured Creditors will get nothing if the club is liquidated. So they need a buyer to make an offer. The first thing the admin team did was to advertise for a buyer because they need someone to pay off at least some of the money owed to unsecured creditors. Otherwise they get nothing. Any creditor with any sense would rather get something rather than nothing. That's why the creditors have given (deemed ) consent to the admin proposals in the first vote. 

Of course the admin team would advertise the club for sale that's part of their remit,however whether that happens is another thing. You need to realise to get a sale you need to satisfy the creditors,it doesn't work the other way round,you don't find a buyer then discuss with creditors