Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

9 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Changing the subject of Boro/Wycombe/QPR etc it was reported on East Midlands Today tonight that it could be February before new owners are sorted out. I just feel they keep changing the goal posts, first it was December then January and now February I find it all frustrating. 

Didn’t the BAWT minutes say February as well?

It is very frustrating but I wouldn’t necessarily describe it as changing the goal posts exactly. They were never hard and fast deadlines but rather ambitious expectations that have proved to be over ambitious as the process is worked through and negotiations progress. I’m not sure if we’d be feeling any better now if they’d under promised and over delivered by initially suggesting end of Feb but actually completing early Feb.

2 minutes ago, Sussex Ram said:

For those lambasting the EFL, are we sure it’s within their remit to mediate legal claims between clubs?

No, it isn't in their remit. Their rules require clubs to submit their disputes to Arbitration, to be determined by an LAP under English Law. Wycombe and Boro are simply submitting a claim to the Administrators in the hope of being classed as football creditors but, unless they go through the formal process and get a judgement in their favour, they aren't. They've calculated that potential owners won't want to commit to a purchase with this dispute unresolved. All that the EFL can do at this stage is remind them of what they're supposed to do under the rules and perhaps point out that they're acting in bad faith against another member. Are they doing that? I don't know, but they should be. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Didn’t the BAWT minutes say February as well?

It is very frustrating but I wouldn’t necessarily describe it as changing the goal posts exactly. They were never hard and fast deadlines but rather ambitious expectations that have proved to be over ambitious as the process is worked through and negotiations progress. I’m not sure if we’d be feeling any better now if they’d under promised and over delivered by initially suggesting end of Feb but actually completing early Feb.

Yes good point. 

43 minutes ago, Crewton said:

No, it isn't in their remit. Their rules require clubs to submit their disputes to Arbitration, to be determined by an LAP under English Law. Wycombe and Boro are simply submitting a claim to the Administrators in the hope of being classed as football creditors but, unless they go through the formal process and get a judgement in their favour, they aren't. They've calculated that potential owners won't want to commit to a purchase with this dispute unresolved. All that the EFL can do at this stage is remind them of what they're supposed to do under the rules and perhaps point out that they're acting in bad faith against another member. Are they doing that? I don't know, but they should be. 

Wycombe guy for a start is in breach of Efl rules. Other clubs are not allowed to criticise other clubs unfairly. So yes they are acting in bad faith and in breach of Efl rules

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Fielding players you couldn't afford under the rules. 

That season you finished one place and five points ahead of us, I can’t remember our head to head results but I do remember taking points off. Burnley who finished second, even if we had lost every game that season you still wouldn’t have got promoted due to some of your results against other teams. 
who is to say you would have beaten another team on that day?

As you are against cheating so much I take it that if Will Hughes had been awarded a penalty for his dive in the first half you would have demands the game been replayed ?

in a nutshell QPR massively breached the rules that season, we received a world record fine for doing so, we wanted to appeal but the EFL said they wouldn’t give us any fixtures if we did, (blackmail in other words) but at the end of the day we did not cost you promotion , that was all in your own hands.

6 minutes ago, Bobby said:

That season you finished one place and five points ahead of us, I can’t remember our head to head results but I do remember taking points off. Burnley who finished second, even if we had lost every game that season you still wouldn’t have got promoted due to some of your results against other teams. 

As you are against cheating so much I take it that if Will Hughes had been awarded a penalty for his dive in the first half you would have demands the game been replayed ?

in a nutshell QPR massively breached the rules that season, we received a world record fine for doing so, we wanted to appeal but the EFL said they wouldn’t give us any fixtures if we did, (blackmail in other words) but at the end of the day we did not cost you promotion , that was all in your own hands.

It was a one off game in which you played several players who you should not have been able to afford. 

wycombe claim against us I don’t know what it’s about but on last game of season we drew with Sheffield Wednesday which sent Wycombe down. If we had lost to wednesday then Wycombe would still have been relegated along with us so I really don’t get what their claim is about. 

Edited by PistoldPete

8 minutes ago, Bobby said:

World record fine you may have been given, you fail to add you paid a pittance of the fine in the end.

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Wycombe guy for a start is in breach of Efl rules. Other clubs are not allowed to criticise other clubs unfairly. So yes they are acting in bad faith and in breach of Efl rules

Yes, I think his comment that the club was "systematically cheating all last season" was well OTT, considering we were operating under a soft embargo and the disciplinary process was delayed primarily by Steve Gibson sticking his oar into it. He wouldn't be the first Yank to be ignorant of the UK's Defamation laws. 

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

It was a one off game in which you played several players who you should not have been able to afford. 

wycombe claim against us I don’t know what it’s about but on last game of season we drew with Sheffield Wednesday which sent Wycombe down. If we had lost to wednesday then Wycombe would still have been relegated along with us so I really don’t get what their claim is about. 

I think its about the season as a whole and that our overspending meant we were given an unfair advantage. The flaw is that could be argued for Reading and a load of others. If what they mean is that we should have received a points deduction last year then that is the remit of the EFL and their appeal format. 

it would be difficult to prove Gibson's or theirs but that's not the point. We cannot sell the club until its out of the way and the wait only damages us. So in essence what they are saying is give us some money and we will not take this further and you will survive if not you might go to the wall. They are opportunists and people should look at them as they are, two clubs scavenging off the bones of another to get a few quid. If not why didn't Wycombe go after Wednesday or Reading. Why didn't Gibson go after Villa, its because neither is in administration.

2 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

World record fine you may have been given, you fail to add you paid a pittance of the fine in the end.

They always do. They also never mention that a couple of seasons ago they tried to get the remainder of the reduced fine cancelled, or that even the original £40m was only a third of what they received as the proceeds of promotion. 

I appreciate the poster's general sentiments, but he still conveys a sentiment of "we were heavily punished", when they really weren't in comparison to what is happening to DCFC (whilst accepting that some of our woes are self-inflicted). 

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The Yank Couthig smells $$$$$$s as he filed after the dwarf filed his, A Yank ambulance chaser.

Just now, FindernRam said:

Here's a cheery thought: If there is another ban on supporters at matches it is possible several clubs could fall into administration and our points status would be relatively good. So being selfish a season ban on fans is called for....

(Only half serious clutching at straws)

The other side of that is a ban on fans and the loss of income could be the final nail in the coffin and put us out of business.