Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

2 hours ago, jono said:

I think you’re wrong. Yes they have fought for a better place in the queue but that doesn’t alter the money available.

Thet get first dibs, that is all, but it’s first dibs of what a new owner offers .. or liquidation. It’s pretty clear given MSD’s debenture that there will be precious little on liquidation so they are in a quandary. 

None of this affects the “deal” you talk about. The rules as they stand regarding their status in the queue of creditors remains the same. They haven’t lost that status, regardless of how much or how little they get. 

I think you're burying your head in the sand.

If they agree a deal that makes them appear weak, that impacts any future club who owes them HMRC and negotiations upon what they receive.  Whatever deal they make with us, is what any club in the future will use as an example over what they will offer HMRC.  

We are the guinea pig for HMRC and other clubs.  I don't think they're going to show much leniency for the reasons above. 

2 hours ago, rebb1 said:

Guys,

I'm not ITK but I have been in the company today of someone who is close to the proceedings and I was told that a £55 million bid has been submitted. No names or details as yet.

Would be great news, not only cos of the resolution of the sale, but also cos it would mean a deal has been agreed on all debt, which from my limited knowledge, would mean not issues re: CVA next season?

8 minutes ago, SBW said:

Would be great news, not only cos of the resolution of the sale, but also cos it would mean a deal has been agreed on all debt, which from my limited knowledge, would mean not issues re: CVA next season?

Why would a 55 Million pound bid be put in 

What does that mean !

If true it would be great news .

But someone said this and that isn’t always right but I hope it is. 

Edited by Curtains

20 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Strange how the article, containing nothing new, ends with “Either way, the news is certainly not good for Derby County or their fans, with the future of the Rams looking bleaker by the day” when there isn’t any actual news.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Strange how the article, containing nothing new, ends with “Either way, the news is certainly not good for Derby County or their fans, with the future of the Rams looking bleaker by the day” when there isn’t any actual news.

I think Nixon knows something but hey the 55 million bid is more interesting.

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

That’s not how it works .

If you start a claim you have to back it up with cash in case it fails .

We are not in a position to do that. 

I will crowdfund it if Wycombe get a penny from us. It would then be a dead cert that we get money from qpr or villa if that is the precedent.

Edited by PistoldPete

50 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Not necessarily. Could well be that’s what I’m prepared to pay so you need to negotiate the debts down accordingly. Anyone who knows all the debt figures (preferential/secured/unsecured) worked back to understand what we would need to get HMRC to accept should £55m be the top price anyone is prepared to pay? (not agreeing this is necessarily the figure by the way)

£55m sale price would require HMRC to accept c.£20m (2/3rds of what they're owed).

MSD £20m + £1.5m (additional funding)

Admin fees £3m

Football creditors £9m

Unsecured creditors £1.5m (25%)

11 minutes ago, Carnero said:

£55m sale price would require HMRC to accept c.£20m (2/3rds of what they're owed).

Admin fees £3m

Football creditors £9m

People saying HMRC aren’t going to budge. What’s the most they’ve ever got in this scenario? Didn’t Leeds settle at 8%?! 

I think if anyone thinks they would agree to 25% they’re smoking something but 2/3 is achievable 

28 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Admin fees £3m

Football creditors £9m

I think I had heard a rumour that 66% was the deal for Hmrc . Which I think is a very good deal for them all things considered.

30 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Admin fees £3m

Football creditors £9m

That looks a plausible deal.

if that gets DCFC with the stadium, a long lease on the academy and a clean slate to keep the young players, it sounds fair to me.