The minimum I would settle for this season is....

IslandExile

The minimum I would settle for this season is....  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really enjoyed the game yesterday. The atmosphere was excellent and it felt good to watch a limited team playing their hearts out for the club. This is a very likeable team at the moment. I've also never known the supporters more united.

I will be absolutely gobsmacked if we don't get relegated - no team has ever survived more than a 9 point deduction, and the EFL won't rest until we have a lot more than than.

Yet it occurred to me that next season could something really special if we can just get a 'good' takeover sorted. In League 1 with the majority of these players, with the resources to add some quality (by L1 standards) and a crowd fully behind the team. Unfortunately, other outcomes are available, but relegation, followed by a storming bounce back would be a superb outcome.

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I really enjoyed the game yesterday. The atmosphere was excellent and it felt good to watch a limited team playing their hearts out for the club. This is a very likeable team at the moment. I've also never known the supporters more united.

I will be absolutely gobsmacked if we don't get relegated - no team has ever survived more than a 9 point deduction, and the EFL won't rest until we have a lot more than than.

Yet it occurred to me that next season could something really special if we can just get a 'good' takeover sorted. In League 1 with the majority of these players, with the resources to add some quality (by L1 standards) and a crowd fully behind the team. Unfortunately, other outcomes are available, but relegation, followed by a storming bounce back would be a superb outcome.

Yes, it's pretty obvious that one way or another, due to the combination of having a disastrous former owner (Mr Morris) and this ongoing confrontation with the EFL, we are heading for L1. What is really important, is to have a proper strategy in place to ensure a return to the ch'ship within one or two seasons. 

If we go down, but have new owners and retain some of the better players we should be at the top of League One next season.

I know some big clubs have struggled down there. But the league is crap. Hull and Peterborough prove that.

Sunderland have only failed because they’ve had poor managers and lost the playoffs. Ipswich were a mess with an owner wanting out.

I do feel we could end up going down with a cleaner slate and arguably with more fire to bounce back immediately.

I also wouldn’t be worried, provided we have new owners, of losing any of our younger players unless a PL club comes in.

I can’t see Buchanan, Bird, Knight etc leaving Derby for say QPR or Swansea unless we wanted or simply had to sell. They would likely just see League One as a temporary one season stop.

8 minutes ago, europia said:

Yes, it's pretty obvious that one way or another, due to the combination of having a disastrous former owner (Mr Morris) and this ongoing confrontation with the EFL, we are heading for L1. What is really important, is to have a proper strategy in place to ensure a return to the ch'ship within one or two seasons. 

Or we could just stay up, sounds like the better option to me

20 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Staying up would be a better outcome.

I’d love to give a massive middle finger to the EFL (oooh matron)

we can definitely recover the 12 points and have a really good chance because the league is so poor this year.

we just need to turn draws into wins and we will be fine.

duck the EFL, Duck Gibson, duck that arse at Wycombe whose name I can’t be arsed to remember.

Derby County vs the world! Let’s prove them all wrong and if not give it a bloody good go.

40 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Yet it occurred to me that next season could something really special if we can just get a 'good' takeover sorted. In League 1 with the majority of these players

I cannot see us keeping more than 2 or 3 of the current side next season, whichever League we're in, certainly not League 1.

From last night....Allsop, maybe Byrne, Shinnie. The others will move on or retire.

Edited by IslandExile