if you do one thing this weekend

loweman2

make sure you watch this !!

anybody who follows my twitter link @phillowe1 may well have seen some of the fantastic posts that i have put up from it, it is a documentary from 1984 the centenary season, we were in Division three, we had been taken to the courts, we hadnt paid our dues, we were skint and facing death, its the history of the club from 1884 to 1984 and you will be amazed !!! 

make yourself a mug of tea or pur yourself a well earned pint, find somewhere quiet and enjoy !!

thank me later !

32 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

That was great viewing...thanks.

Just like to say...the numbers on the FA Cup final shirts were stitched on by my Nan, She had her false teeth broken in a fight in the Ram pub the week before and had to sell her old foot opperated sewing machine and had to hand sew them on.

Really ? Hell of a story if true and would need documenting in the book about the history of the shirts, at this stage I don’t know whether you are having a laugh or being serious, in that film clip they do look like your Nan was struggling if true ? ?? let me know @Unlucky Alf

2 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Really ? Hell of a story if true and would need documenting in the book about the history of the shirts, at this stage I don’t know whether you are having a laugh or being serious, in that film clip they do look like your Nan was struggling if true ? ?? let me know @Unlucky Alf

Just kidding loweman.

But I've played against Kevin Hector when he played for the Post Office on a Sunday Morning, Worked with John O'Hare when he got a job at Prestige on City Road in Derby, Only lasted a few days...hard work it was, And after a session in Town with the Ex a good few years back when walking down Saint Peters street a group of men stopped both of us and asked where a good boozer was, I asked what they wanted, Lads pub, One with a few Ladies in, Or just a quiet drink, A soft Scottish voice said we just want a quiet drink...i looked at the man...Only Dave MaKay...sent them to Babbingtons.

On 15/10/2021 at 18:03, loweman2 said:

make sure you watch this !!

anybody who follows my twitter link @phillowe1 may well have seen some of the fantastic posts that i have put up from it, it is a documentary from 1984 the centenary season, we were in Division three, we had been taken to the courts, we hadnt paid our dues, we were skint and facing death, its the history of the club from 1884 to 1984 and you will be amazed !!! 

make yourself a mug of tea or pur yourself a well earned pint, find somewhere quiet and enjoy !!

thank me later !

Bloody brilliant video, thank you for the link.

History repeats itself!