Framed Retro Derby Shirts - ideally signed

Igorwasking

Hi all. I am searching for a signed shirt, framed - ideally from the 70’s. All I can find is either Rooney, or a non football shirt signed by McFarland (would have been ideal otherwise).

Can anyone point me in the direction of opportunity? Loweram must know something, surely? ?

1 hour ago, Igorwasking said:

Hi all. I am searching for a signed shirt, framed - ideally from the 70’s. All I can find is either Rooney, or a non football shirt signed by McFarland (would have been ideal otherwise).

Can anyone point me in the direction of opportunity? Loweram must know something, surely? ?

image.thumb.png.9f18b70c94b070a5433ec2d6a2ea0269.png

8 hours ago, Igorwasking said:

Hi loweram here ?, I don’t think that you will find a shirt from the 70s signed by any of the players for a budget that you might be hoping to pay, however there are often shirts that pop up on eBay that are modern day replicas that have been signed by the ex players, other than eBay I would suggest looking out for an old score draw or toffs shirt there were a number of different ones available over the years, look on the second hand sights aswell and buy one unsigned and then either go down to Pride Park early on a match day and catch Roy McFarland on his way in, he goes to every home game, that way it will cost you around £20, then get it framed. That is a sure fire winner and won’t cost you an arm and a leg, at Costco once a year they have a promotion of signed memorabilia and have Roy McFarland signed shirts, also online websites like A1, there is this one framed and signed by Roy on eBay right now £169 which is a good price to say it’s framed and it’s free postage and open to offers, I’d try £130 and you may be lucky

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRAMED-ROY-McFARLAND-SIGNED-RAMS-Derby-COUNTY-FOOTBALL-SHIRT-COA-PROOF-/353102965212?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Edited by loweman2

On 15/10/2021 at 09:44, Igorwasking said:

did you see my reply @Igorwasking, i was going to ask what "wasking" was ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/10/2021 at 17:54, loweman2 said:

Hi loweram here ?, I don’t think that you will find a shirt from the 70s signed by any of the players for a budget that you might be hoping to pay, however there are often shirts that pop up on eBay that are modern day replicas that have been signed by the ex players, other than eBay I would suggest looking out for an old score draw or toffs shirt there were a number of different ones available over the years, look on the second hand sights aswell and buy one unsigned and then either go down to Pride Park early on a match day and catch Roy McFarland on his way in, he goes to every home game, that way it will cost you around £20, then get it framed. That is a sure fire winner and won’t cost you an arm and a leg, at Costco once a year they have a promotion of signed memorabilia and have Roy McFarland signed shirts, also online websites like A1, there is this one framed and signed by Roy on eBay right now £169 which is a good price to say it’s framed and it’s free postage and open to offers, I’d try £130 and you may be lucky

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRAMED-ROY-McFARLAND-SIGNED-RAMS-Derby-COUNTY-FOOTBALL-SHIRT-COA-PROOF-/353102965212?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Fab - thanks Loweman - I will take the advice. I have a decent budget - and it’s a signature piece I am looking for to finish off my office. Ironically I did have a really nice framed match worn Charlie George shirt (unsigned) but gave it to my nephew (who’s name is Charlie George) 18 years ago when he was born. How I secretly regret that show of generosity now. He is a rams fan now though - so every cloud!

1 hour ago, Igorwasking said:

Fab - thanks Loweman - I will take the advice. I have a decent budget - and it’s a signature piece I am looking for to finish off my office. Ironically I did have a really nice framed match worn Charlie George shirt (unsigned) but gave it to my nephew (who’s name is Charlie George) 18 years ago when he was born. How I secretly regret that show of generosity now. He is a rams fan now though - so every cloud!

Excellent!

On 15/10/2021 at 17:54, loweman2 said:

I would suggest looking out for an old score draw or toffs shirt

BTW - any idea why Derby are the only club in the Championship who do not have replica shirts for sale on Toffs? Did we fall out with them? There are a few other clubs who also haven't got kit on there (Leicester, ManUre, Arsenal, West Ham, Doncaster) so maybe?

https://www.toffs.com/shop-by-team/football/championship

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

BTW - any idea why Derby are the only club in the Championship who do not have replica shirts for sale on Toffs? Did we fall out with them? There are a few other clubs who also haven't got kit on there (Leicester, ManUre, Arsenal, West Ham, Doncaster) so maybe?

https://www.toffs.com/shop-by-team/football/championship

yes we took the licence off them a few years ago after toffs refused to pay the prices that we wanted

23 hours ago, Igorwasking said:

I was in Great Yarmouth this weekend just gone. There is a shop selling sports memorabilia and in their window is a 1975 Charity Shield Derby shirt signed by Charlie George. Its not the one he wore at that match but a replica retro shirt. They got his signature on the shirt in 2019. They are asking £90 for it, which is cheap. Shop is called Legends and Memories, they have a website and you can view it, could be your Christmas pressie if you have a loved one willing to spend £90+ postage.

10 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I was in Great Yarmouth this weekend just gone. There is a shop selling sports memorabilia and in their window is a 1975 Charity Shield Derby shirt signed by Charlie George. Its not the one he wore at that match but a replica retro shirt. They got his signature on the shirt in 2019. They are asking £90 for it, which is cheap. Shop is called Legends and Memories, they have a website and you can view it, could be your Christmas pressie if you have a loved one willing to spend £90+ postage.

Just another point of interest, the 1975 Charity Shield match was Charlie's 1st game for the Rams

54 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

What a great spot. I have messaged them to get the deal done. Thanks so much Plymouth Ram - and Loweman2 - who had he let me, I could have spent a lot of money with!