Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

I do not see anything phoney about it. Admin team need to strike a quick deal and cannot fight the FFP thing for another several months as it could delay the sales process. EFL on the other hand stand to lose big time if they lose the administration appeal, as it may seta precedent. So we do a deal. Makes sense to me.   I'm not happy about 15 points deduction as i think that is excessive but if it helps the admin team and they secure a sale I will accept it. 

We'll never know now whether Covid could be justifiably argued now or not as the reason we went into administration.

I'll have to find something else to obsess over now ?

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

We'll never know now whether Covid could be justifiably argued now or not as the reason we went into administration.

I'll have to find something else to obsess over now ?

Well I think if there is  a deal being done it means neither side knew what the outcome would be. And I never said I did. Just that we had a good case and if we didnt I don't think EFL would do a deal. 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Well I think if there is  a deal being done it means neither side knew what the outcome would be. And I never said I did. Just that we had a good case and if we didnt I don't think EFL would do a deal. 

Pretty much this.

EFL would have been left with a huge egg omolette on their face through Force Majuere if DCFC would have won...a good chance imo.

The EFL had a joker to play with FFP

The Admin team, Have called into question the rules and appeals procedure by appealing...this has "SHOCKED" the EFL

Now it would appear there needs to be a face saving excersise by the EFL imo

So a deal will be struck by the looks of it, If it's a -15 and a quicker sale...then go for it...and let the season begin.

If we had our administration deduction reduced, then it sets a slippery precedent for the EFL with regards to other clubs. It's possible we could have done a "deal" where we take the full admin deduction on the chin, in return for a reduced punishment on the -9 that is reportedly imminent. That was reported that it may drop to -3, which may be the overall bargaining ground.

-15 as a total punishment may be something we look to accept. And for the EFL it would save face more than issuing us the full -9, but having our admin deduction reduce that to -6 to make up the same -15 in a different way.

EFL may have overplayed their hand here. If they are concerned about the admin deduction and are tying to strike a deal, I hope Mr Hoskings goes for the jugular. We concede the force majeure claim if they concede ERV not expressly outlawed. 12 points, no more and we'll let it go would be my stance, but conversely, we really need a deal done to sell the club...

I wonder who will blink first?

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

EFL may have overplayed their hand here. If they are concerned about the admin deduction and are tying to strike a deal, I hope Mr Hoskings goes for the jugular. We concede the force majeure claim if they concede ERV not expressly outlawed. 12 points, no more and we'll let it go would be my stance, but conversely, we really need a deal done to sell the club...

Mr Hoskins pulling a rabbit out of the hat

giphy-1.gif

16 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

The amortisation stuff is done and dusted having gone through all of the various appeals processes. We've had our punishment for it, end of story, no go-backs unless the EFL are feeling very generous and decide to revisit a past decision they've already won!

It's fully in the EFL's control at this point to make things as easy or difficult for us as possible. If they want to draw it out they can, but it would seriously endanger the sale and therefore the existence of the club.

So us.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

I think 15 might be acceptable or 12 with 3 suspended as long as we are allowed to sign some players in January. The ability to sign new players or give current players new contracts has never been clear to me. Interestingly Nixon said he pulled a story in the sun yesterday because of something happening this week but also said something like the EFL sorting it out this week. Apparently kircher liked that tweet.