Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

Yeah if I remember the “breakfast club” all it confirmed this. Something along the lines of “we can’t share the details but he definitely had to go”.

(I’m sure someone who went or remembers the thread on here afterwards will correct me if I’m wrong). 

Being present at Moor Farm that day, what I personally remember is being told that the morale around the place had gone to rock bottom despite being fifth (I think) at the time. MM even referenced the tea lady (whilst not serving David his sausages) was unhappy.

There may be other things I cannot remember but I don’t remember anything specific on gross misconduct.

Im happy to be corrected. 

Has Nixon put this article on his Twitter feed as I couldn’t find it earlier? If not then speaks volumes, as it avoids fans like us then questioning what information and facts he has, such as what is the level of financial breach?! Is it more than £4m which is the only number in the public domain courtesy of Mel’s interview with Radio Derby. Fact is he doesn’t know. 

This is simply someone from the EFL or the other clubs leaking something to their advantage with no facts behind it. The EFL may push for -17 but on what grounds other than you’re Derby County and we don’t like you - to be honest that logic will probably work for the EFL.

Until we know to the pound and pence what the financial breach is no one can say should be 4 points, 9 points, 17 points etc, we will probably never know which suits the EFL as they continue to paint us as the biggest cheats in the history of football when nothing could be further from the truth.

40 minutes ago, tinman said:

The EFL have got the upper hand in the PR battle as football is so tribal. Fans of other clubs can’t wait for other clubs to get spanked by the powers that be, regardless of what they’ve done. 

This is exactly it. EFL leak any old rubbish to the press and fans of other clubs believe it.

11 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

The appeal has been adjourned, not scrapped. Two completely different things. 

Surely this means it will have a new date soon for a hearing. 

Not necassarily, An adjournment gives one side or the other time to reflect or new evidence has been found, Legal people possible from both sides will have called for this, Either DCFC accept, EFL withdraw the -12 points or it goes ahead

Edited by Unlucky Alf

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

I think the administrators pulled the appeal against the 12 points because the efl said its unlikely that Derby would win and if the club lost then instead of adding 9 points the efl could add upto 17 points or have I read that article wrong.

If I'd read it correctly it would make sense that the administrators had pulled the appeal even though that could make the sale of the club very difficult.

A relegated club is likely to fetch a lot less money.

Why would the EFL say it is unlikely that Derby would win? They have no say over the appeal process...allegedly

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

I think the administrators pulled the appeal against the 12 points because the efl said its unlikely that Derby would win and if the club lost then instead of adding 9 points the efl could add upto 17 points or have I read that article wrong.

If I'd read it correctly it would make sense that the administrators had pulled the appeal even though that could make the sale of the club very difficult.

A relegated club is likely to fetch a lot less money.

If we are relegated anyway what difference does it make?

EFL saying its unlikely Derby would win of course means nothing at all , they would say that wouldn't they . They are on the other side, or they choose to be on the other side.

We have no idea what the 17 points is supposed to be for. Being Derby County presumably. Wearing black and white strip being an aggravating factor.  

59 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think he is an ok guy to be honest. 

He’s just reporting what he knows and I found the video fascinating ? 

Administrator costs for Wigan 1.3 Million so I dread to think what ours will be 

Surely if the administrators are any good and acting in the clubs best interest, they should offer themselves 10 pence in the pound to reduce the debt ?

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It could only be 17 points if they don't make adjustments for failed years prior to moving on to the next period.

Ie 3 years to 2018 failed, years of p&s losses exceeding £13m should be reset. Then using those adjusted figures for the 3 years to 2019. This is what happend with Brum, when they failed their 3 years to 2018.

17 points would be using unadjusted figures the whole way through.

Ther are also supposed to be mitigating factors. Sheff Wed had six because they sold their stadium. So did we .. so where is our six points in mitigation?  Leave alone EFL agreeing to our accounting method then changing their minds.

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

If we are relegated anyway what difference does it make?

EFL saying its unlikely Derby would win of course means nothing at all , they would say that wouldn't they . They are on the other side, or they choose to be on the other side.

We have no idea what the 17 points is supposed to be for. Being Derby County presumably. Wearing black and white strip being an aggravating factor.  

If the efl hadn’t previously Approved our accounting approach at the time, we could have changed our spending and avoided further shortfalls. 

Seen a lot of people say it but we may as well turn around and say “9 or 1000 we don’t give a damn” then walk out the room with two fingers up. Makes no difference whatsoever. The EFL have won ‘dear EFL what a sad little life’.   

Can’t wait for us to finally get to the promised land whether it’s in 5 years or 30. Hopefully I’ll be around to tweet (or whatever the social media platform is at that point) them with the smuggest message in existence. 

18 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Seen a lot of people say it but we may as well turn around and say “9 or 1000 we don’t give a damn” then walk out the room with two fingers up. Makes no difference whatsoever. The EFL have won ‘dear EFL what a sad little life’.   

Can’t wait for us to finally get to the promised land whether it’s in 5 years or 30. Hopefully I’ll be around to tweet (or whatever the social media platform is at that point) them with the smuggest message in existence. 

Efl will be long gone by then. Be interesting to see how many clubs they hound out of existence before they finally are put down.

49 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

Surely if the administrators are any good and acting in the clubs best interest, they should offer themselves 10 pence in the pound to reduce the debt ?

They are not here to act in the clubs best interest, that is not the role of an administrator.