Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

It does make one wonder. Perhaps, and only perhaps, until very recently, the Club has done little or nothing to help its position. Perhaps, and only perhaps, it is only in recent weeks that there has been a motivation for both the EFL and representatives of the Club to bring everything to the table, to make decisions based on full facts, and to move on. Only perhaps.

Why haven't they chased other clubs owe us money were has will huges percentage off will huges watford to crystal palace.

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Why haven't they chased other clubs owe us money were has will huges percentage off will huges watford to crystal palace.

Why haven’t who chased other clubs who owe us money? You suggesting that is the EFL’s job? What actual evidence do you have that Watford owe us anything in terms of sell on %?

If we are owed money by other clubs, and that is an if, I am sure Quantumna will make sure that is collected when it falls due. I suspect however more pressing for them is to ensure we can get some money in to pay the next instalments due on our purchases of Bielik and Joswiak. 

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Why haven’t who chased other clubs who owe us money? You suggesting that is the EFL’s job? What actual evidence do you have that Watford owe us anything in terms of sell on %?

If we are owed money by other clubs, and that is an if, I am sure Quantumna will make sure that is collected when it falls due. I suspect however more pressing for them is to ensure we can get some money in to pay the next instalments due on our purchases of Bielik and Joswiak. 

Because it was part of the deal that Derby would get 15 percent sell on fee.

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Well Boro and Wycombe are claiming that we owe them money. By that reckoning . QPR owe us money too. A lot of it. The only parties that benefited from QPR’s wrongdoing was QPR., and the EFL. 

so where’s our share of that?

5 hours ago, rammieib said:

I think it was more ‘off-the-pitch’ than it was on the pitch based on what MM/SP/SR/PT told us that day.

That was my understanding but I wish some sort of sensible announcement could have been made, the whole Derby way excuse opened us to ridicule.

3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Which in itself is deplorable without justification. Why aren't the club shouting about this from the roof tops. Why not make a massive fuss if we have nothing to lose?

If we make a fuss they drag things out, extend the embargo, and refuse to let us resign any of our own players. Meaning all the senior members of the squad out of contract can leave on a free and the under 24 leave and have the free arranged by a tribunal. Then they will book the losses for the players leaving on a free as a loss and drag things out for further FFP seasons. Make no mistake they have us by the knackers.

I'm pretty furious about it all, we we do end up relegated and the young players leave for a pittance I'm all up for going old fashioned 80's thowback style. The EFL have stiched us up in the press, and allowed the Wycombe chairman to publicly call us cheats without comment. Everyone thinks we "cooked the books" rather than simply using an alternative accounting method everyone thought was ok for four years before kicking off about it.  Close moor farm, train on the pitch, water it a lot before matches. It would simplify our recuitment, can you play in ankle deep mud? Everytime anyone complained about the playing surfice I'd ignore the question and talk about accounting. (End Rant)

8 hours ago, i-Ram said:

It does make one wonder. Perhaps, and only perhaps, until very recently, the Club has done little or nothing to help its position. Perhaps, and only perhaps, it is only in recent weeks that there has been a motivation for both the EFL and representatives of the Club to bring everything to the table, to make decisions based on full facts, and to move on. Only perhaps.

So you think that the EFL should only declare what we are being charged with if we give them some motivation to do so?

Not sure I've ever heard of any justice system working like that before.

I don't blame the EFL. Ultimately, there's only one man who put us in the position we now find ourselves. 

Look at it from other club's perspectives as well. Do you remember, Rotherham United's manager, Paul Warne's reaction on hearing we had beaten relegation last season? 

https://www.derbycounty.news/news/thats-disappointing-league-rival-boss-reacts-when-hearing-Derby-stayed-up-on-final-day/amp/

The article suggests he may have had a stronger allegiance to Sheffield Wednesday but nothing in his career indicates that. Also, there was possibly some bad blood between Derby and Rotherham. 

When I heard it at the time, my impression was that Paul Warne thought we should have suffered a points deduction last season for not playing by the rules. It should have been Derby relegated. 

21 minutes ago, Ramifications said:

I don't blame the EFL. Ultimately, there's only one man who put us in the position we now find ourselves. 

Look at it from other club's perspectives as well. Do you remember, Rotherham United's manager, Paul Warne's reaction on hearing we had beaten relegation last season? 

https://www.derbycounty.news/news/thats-disappointing-league-rival-boss-reacts-when-hearing-Derby-stayed-up-on-final-day/amp/

The article suggests he may have had a stronger allegiance to Sheffield Wednesday but nothing in his career indicates that. Also, there was possibly some bad blood between Derby and Rotherham. 

When I heard it at the time, my impression was that Paul Warne thought we should have suffered a points deduction last season for not playing by the rules. It should have been Derby relegated. 

Why look at it from other clubs perspective? They are most likely only going off the same click bait stories as the fans of other clubs.

Was Paul Warne on the IDC listening to all of the facts and evidence? No, so his opinion is worth nothing more than mine or yours.

How about looking at it from our clubs perspective, we've been found guilty of nothing other than incorrect wording in our accounts, yet 20 months on, have been under constant embargo, denied access to a loan that all other clubs were given and basically been bullied into trying to help the EFL save face. 

MM shoulders the responsibility for our financial position but everything else that has gone with it is as a result of our regulator being completely inept.

10 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I understand and agree but the time frame is the issue for me. What are we waiting for? 

Force Majeur .. when the governing body through its Machiavellian behaviour will cause liquidation of a founding member of the league. 

32 minutes ago, Ramifications said:

It was an odd comment considering that even most neutrals (and even the EFL, who tried to throw the book at Wednesday and their directors) ) would believe that what Sheff Wed did wrong was worse than anything Derby did. But there was bad blood between Derby and Rotherham anyway i think their Chairman ranting and Rooney criticising him.

The EFL's role in the process and the wide-ranging impacts of allegations, investigations and sanctions all contribute to the growing demand for an independent football regulator.

For me the lack of compassion, care, decency, humanity from the efl towards clubs.

It's time for change at the efl.

The efl should act in the best interests of their members but can they honestly say they do.

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why look at it from other clubs perspective? They are most likely only going off the same click bait stories as the fans of other clubs.

Was Paul Warne on the IDC listening to all of the facts and evidence? No, so his opinion is worth nothing more than mine or yours.

How about looking at it from our clubs perspective, we've been found guilty of nothing other than incorrect wording in our accounts, yet 20 months on, have been under constant embargo, denied access to a loan that all other clubs were given and basically been bullied into trying to help the EFL save face. 

MM shoulders the responsibility for our financial position but everything else that has gone with it is as a result of our regulator being completely inept.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efl-Derby-county-mel-morris-6030301

I thought we were denied access to the Covid money because we hadn't applied for it within the allocated time frame? 

4 minutes ago, Ramifications said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efl-Derby-county-mel-morris-6030301

I thought we were denied access to the Covid money because we hadn't applied for it within the allocated time frame? 

You haven't been following this thread.EFL issued statements saying clubs who were suspected of FFP rule brecahes would not be eligible.  Then EFL changed their story when confronted by Rams fans.

Edited by PistoldPete

3 minutes ago, Ramifications said:

DCFC didn’t apply because it was made clear we wouldn’t meet the criteria made by the EFL to get one. 

2 minutes ago, Ramifications said:

You’re a bit late to the party buddy (not difficult given the volume of posts) as we discussed this a while ago.

I believe the consensus was that the EFL were being somewhat disingenuous with this statement. Derby didn’t apply (I believe) because they knew or were told (it was reported that dialogue had taken place on the subject) that we didn’t meet the criteria and therefore would be turned down.

12 minutes ago, Ramifications said:

On Mel’s infamous radio Derby interview post admin - he implied the reason we didn’t get that loan is because he couldn’t guarantee the EFL we would be able to pay it back - therefore we didn’t apply for it - so ultimately yep we didn’t apply in the timeframe! 

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You’re a bit late to the party buddy (not difficult given the volume of posts) as we discussed this a while ago.

I believe the consensus was that the EFL were being somewhat disingenuous with this statement. Derby didn’t apply (I believe) because they knew or were told (it was reported that dialogue had taken place on the subject) that we didn’t meet the criteria and therefore would be turned down.

"Somewhat diingenuous " is rather too polite. Deliberately misleading and dishonest I think is about right.