Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

2 hours ago, JfR said:

To be fair though, Morris himself had received assurances from the club's accountants, the club's independent auditors and the ICAEW, as well as acceptance from the EFL at the time, that the club were within the FFP/P&S rules. If any of us were given access to the financial files and accounts and saw that they showed we were within FFP limits, that those accounts had been approved by an independent auditor, that the file had additionally been picked up by the ICAEW and judged to be compliant, and that those accounts had been additionally accepted by the EFL without issue, I'm not sure many if any of us would have thought differently.

The amortisation policy and the connected FFP issues is the one area in this whole thing that I genuinely don't think it's fair to blame Morris for. The findings of the commission even stated that any breaches were made "without any real fault on [the Club's] part".

When did the ICAEW rule on our financial statements? Is this new? Sorry must have missed it

51 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Any statement from the club or EFL yet?

No! I'll carry on waiting for that before trawling through all the posts on here.

Gist of it on Radio Derby earlier was that the administrators were due to be interviewed tomorrow but that’s no longer happening and that there could be an announcement by the weekend but everyone is still in talks.

They sounded pretty resigned to the idea of -21 too so can presume they may have been told off the record. Unless it’s some elaborate ploy to make John Percy look bad and they are waiting for the confirmation, Ed Dawes did say Percy was only right 98% of the time last night. 

In all seriousness through I thought it was all up in the air and it might not happen but after listening to that it’s all but confirmed it for me unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

And if we'd got promoted we'd never have known. 

I blame Keogh (for obvious reasons!)

I blame his dad and his grandad before him, and his dad and his grandad before that going back generation after generation.

If I'm going to hold a grudge I may as well go all in and do it properly!

Edited by Coconut's Beard

9 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

I blame his dad and his grandad before him, and his dad and his grandad before that going back generation after generation.

If I'm going to hold a grudge I may as well go all in and do it properly!

If only several competant combination's of sperm and egg had somehome managed to make that connection....