Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Joke aside I've seen nothing on this forum to suggest that people want us to lose the appeal and us get relegated.

I have seen indications that people at the club should be made accountable for us being in this position and that it is recognised accordingly but I don't classify that as the same thing.

My turn now then - I get a feeling that there is some kind of negative reinforcement going on so if the EFL don't uphold our appeal that that will just reinforce the stereotyped belief that the EFL are out to get us.

Not down to the EFL now, it's an independent panel.

13 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Of course it isn't confirmed, it would be impossible to do so until it's all dealt with! 

I know that despite years of people trusting John Percy as a reliable source of information he's now just considered a lying red dog, but the info came from his tweet, which makes it as close to the truth as any of us can possibly know....

Well if it's still not confirmed officially, perhaps it would be appropriate to stop quoting it as if it's a fact.....

26 minutes ago, alram said:

We purchased Jozwiak under Covid, our loses were also 3m per month prior to covid. 

it is simply not to blame.

You highlight jozwiak signing .. yet we made a large transfer profit in that same summer. And we actually haven’t paid that much for him .. yet.

and our losses were not £3m per month at any time , and certainly not just before COVID struck. 

total losses at the height of spending were £43 million over three years …  ie £14 million pa and that was for the three years ending 2018. 

that was along time ago. Since then spending has come down a lot from 2017/18 peak.

you’re dodgy at accounts I would suggest .. are you Maguire in disguise? 

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Joke aside I've seen nothing on this forum to suggest that people want us to lose the appeal and us get relegated.

I have seen indications that people at the club should be made accountable for us being in this position and that it is recognised accordingly but I don't classify that as the same thing.

My turn now then - I get a feeling that there is some kind of negative reinforcement going on so if the EFL don't uphold our appeal that that will just reinforce the stereotyped belief that the EFL are out to get us.

As David has pointed out the appeal will be heard by an independent panel. And actually it’s the opposite … given the disgraceful posturing by our regulator ( saying they are “shocked “ we are appealing , etc etc) …  and their various apologists like Maguire , if the independent panel decides to overturn the points deduction that will only prove beyond any doubt that the EFL are out to get us.

Because that would be three times out of three they will have tried to deduct points from us … and failed. Surely they should get the message but no it only seems to make them even more determined to get us next time. 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

if the independent panel decides to overturn the points deduction that will only prove beyond any doubt that the EFL are out to get us.

Because that would be three times out of three they will have tried to deduct points from us … and failed. Surely they should get the message but no it only seems to make them even more determined to get us next time. 

This is the whole crux of my original statement. It doesn't prove that at all. Maybe it just reaffirms peoples internal belief's that the EFL are out to get us but all it actually does prove is that the independent panel disagree with the EFL 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

This is the whole crux of my original statement. It doesn't prove that at all. Maybe it just reaffirms peoples internal belief's that the EFL are out to get us but all it actually does prove is that the independent panel disagree with the EFL 

Excellent point, so good I've changed my opinion which is rare to hear on an Internet forum.

I agree with you, the EFL and Steve Gibson are only looking out for our best interests, we should be thanking them really for bringing justice upon us and forcing us to clean up our act.

Viva Steve Gibson!

3 minutes ago, David said:

Excellent point, so good I've changed my opinion which is rare to hear on an Internet forum.

I agree with you, the EFL and Steve Gibson are only looking out for our best interests, we should be thanking them really for bringing justice upon us and forcing us to clean up our act.

Viva Steve Gibson!

really-dwight.gif

4 minutes ago, David said:

Viva Steve Gibson!

Did you go today Daveo? 

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Great point.  And if the independent panel disagree with the EFL, what does that say about the EFL....

15 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

So if a poor black kid gets stopped by police three times , charged with loitering or whatever and each time the Court dismisses the charge .. you don’t think that may be saying something about the police rather than the kid?

40 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Well if it's still not confirmed officially, perhaps it would be appropriate to stop quoting it as if it's a fact.....

OK then.

Let's stop quoting at face value anything we don't explicitly know to be 100% true and can provide formal written and/or vocal confirmation of, with at least 3 other sources of the information to use as a citation.

The forum would be completely dead, but hey, at least what little content there was could be used as a historically accurate version of events to look back on in 50 years time.

...or we could evaluate the situation and make a reasonable assumption that the quoted figures are at least very close (let's say 80%) to what has actually been proposed and not be so up tight about things?

Edited by Coconut's Beard

6 minutes ago, WestLondonRam said:

To the Chat with the administrators?

No, if the invite went out through the Supporters Charter Group, I resigned, so won't be attending any meetings now or even be aware of when they take place.

15 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So if a poor black kid gets stopped by police three times , charged with loitering or whatever and each time the Court dismisses the charge .. you don’t think that may be saying something about the police rather than the kid?

As soon as analogies like this start to spring up then that's me out of the discussion.