Derby County fined by the FA

Bubbles

3 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Just adds more fuel to the fire that the ref was a biassed bamford.

No.  It just clarifies that the tweet in the OP is inaccurate.

Either the charge refers to the conduct of the players (i.e. aforementioned biased bamford ref, presumably?) OR it refers to Rule E20.1.

It cannot be both, as said rule refers to conduct of the fans.

Need to find a more accurate report/link, before anyone can comment with any confidence we know what we're talking about!

15 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

FA Rule E20.1 provides that a Club shall be responsible for ensuring, amongst other things, that its supporters refrain from improper conduct. This includes refraining from any improper conduct which includes a reference, whether express or implied to any one or more of the following: ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation or disability. A breach of Rule E20.1 is considered “Misconduct”.

file:///C:/Users/Ian%20Hart/Downloads/the-fa-sanction-guidelines-for-discrimination-by-crowds.pdf

Is the fine for fans calling the ref a banker? ?

Despite my previously supplied link (An FA pdf) referring to fans in Rule E20.1, It appears the main FA site reports monthly on such misdemeanours, but within these,  E20.1 refers to player conduct.

Examples below:

Breach of FA Rule E20.1 - It is alleged that in or around the 43rd minute of the fixture, Cardiff City FC failed to ensure that its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.
Charge admitted – Standard Penalty 1 accepted (£5,000 fine). 

https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/sep/02/fa-charges---august-2021-020921

*Bonus mention for Forsythe in the above link, for his breach of rule E1.1 v Fo*est in August!

MASS CONFRONTATION (FAST TRACK 2) – NON-STANDARD CASE
Sunderland AFC, English Football League One
Sunderland AFC v Oxford United FC 
English Football League One 
2 April 2021
Two breaches of FA Rule E20.1: 
1. It is alleged that in or around the tunnel area at half time of the fixture, Sunderland AFC failed to ensure that its players and/or club officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or refrained from provocative behaviour.
2. It is alleged that in or around the tunnel area at full time of the fixture, Sunderland AFC failed to ensure that its players and/or club officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or refrained from provocative behaviour.
Charges denied – Paper Hearing requested. 
Result - £6,250 fine

Oxford United FC, English Football League One
2 April 2021
1. It is alleged that in or around the tunnel area at half time of the fixture, Oxford United FC failed to ensure that its players and/or club officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or refrained from provocative behaviour.
2. It is alleged that in or around the tunnel area at full time of the fixture, Oxford United FC failed to ensure that its players and/or club officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or refrained from provocative behaviour.
Charges admitted – Personal Hearing requested. 
Result - £7,000 fine

https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/may/05/fa-charges---april-2021-050521

So, is it fans, or players?  It now seems the latter!  ?‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Despite my previously supplied link (An FA pdf) referring to fans in Rule E20.1, It appears the main FA site reports monthly on such misdemeanours, but within these,  E20.1 refers to player conduct.

Examples below:

Breach of FA Rule E20.1 - It is alleged that in or around the 43rd minute of the fixture, Cardiff City FC failed to ensure that its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.
Charge admitted – Standard Penalty 1 accepted (£5,000 fine). 

https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/sep/02/fa-charges---august-2021-020921

*Bonus mention for Forsythe in the above link, for his breach of rule E1.1 v Fo*est in August!

Sunderland AFC, English Football League One
2 April 2021
1. It is alleged that in or around the tunnel area at half time of the fixture, Sunderland AFC failed to ensure that its players and/or club officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or refrained from provocative behaviour.
2. It is alleged that in or around the tunnel area at full time of the fixture, Sunderland AFC failed to ensure that its players and/or club officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or refrained from provocative behaviour.
Charges denied – Paper Hearing requested. 
Result - £6,250 fine

Oxford United FC, English Football League One
2 April 2021
1. It is alleged that in or around the tunnel area at half time of the fixture, Oxford United FC failed to ensure that its players and/or club officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or refrained from provocative behaviour.
2. It is alleged that in or around the tunnel area at full time of the fixture, Oxford United FC failed to ensure that its players and/or club officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or refrained from provocative behaviour.
Charges admitted – Personal Hearing requested. 
Result - £7,000 fine

https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/may/05/fa-charges---april-2021-050521

So, is it fans, or players?  It now seems the latter!  ?‍♂️

This FA doc suggests the former

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/equality/discrimination-guidelines/the-fa-sanction-guidelines-for-discrimination-by-crowds.ashx

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Precisely!  As per my earlier post on page 1.  (I linked to an FA pdf stating the same as your link).

Hence my ?‍♂️ emoji. 

It doesn't appear the FA know what their rules relate to, so what chance have we mere mortals!  

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Good find!  ?

And up to date too, it seems.

So, E20.1 covers everyone apart from those who were just passing, on their way to Kwik Save for a tin of Big Soup!

Sorted!

*Big Soup is also available at most other leading supermarkets, including those that weren't actually closed down/sold off about 30 years ago!

EDIT:
I guess we'll have to wait for the official FA monthly charge sheet to be aired, unless the club get the corner flag out, which I very much doubt!  

Edited by Mucker1884

Absolutely comical. Seen how many situations miles worse then this and nothing happens. Feels like the FA are just trying stick the boot in on a grounded apponent.

1 hour ago, BucksRam said:

Confused.  Doesn't Rule E20.1 relate to discriminatory behaviour by fans (i.e. all the abuse one element gave Sharp), not actions by the players - apart from getting the date wrong, the statement seems to be contradictory.  In one breath it quotes Rule E20.1 (fan behaviour), which I could understand us possibly getting fined, but then refers to players' conduct with the sending off incident, with Derby players protesting no more than the Blades players from what I saw, which I didn't think fell into this rule and was no more vociferous that that shown by any team in literally every match that's played.  Madness. 

Just heard this reported on talk sport, and they said it was to do with the reaction to the sending off, and the subsequent penalty. Implying Roos gave away a penalty. So it’s all just ******** really. 

I have no problem with rules designed to fairly run Professional Football as long as they are applied with consistency and I have to say I have my doubts about that. I have to say I hate conspiracy theories but even I am thinking what with bizarre refereeing on the pitch, the never ending delays in any disciplinary issues, other Clubs publically calling us "cheat" which is expressly against EFL rules but facing no sanction.............well I'm starting to wonder.

3 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I have no problem with rules designed to fairly run Professional Football as long as they are applied with consistency and I have to say I have my doubts about that. I have to say I hate conspiracy theories but even I am thinking what with bizarre refereeing on the pitch, the never ending delays in any disciplinary issues, other Clubs publically calling us "cheat" which is expressly against EFL rules but facing no sanction.............well I'm starting to wonder.

Roswell, J.F.K., The Moon Landing, 9-11, Derby County ?

The Referee sends the report in because he had a shocker, That takes away the guilt of his performance, They say when you're down you have to make your own luck...it just makes us more protective of Derby County, You can kick us when we're down, But don't complain when we bite back.