Sky Commentary

Seaside Ram

29 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

No commentator will ever be as annoying to me as Ray Hudson. I think he works mostly for NBCSN in the US. He's like a caricature of what a European commentator is for an American audience. His constant screaming over the main commentator all game is infuriating.

See, I used to love listening to Ray Hudson when we lived over there. Came out with such classics as "he's all over him like a cheap suit". You wouldn't get that from Guy Mowbray.

12 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

But I guess it's like political commentators.. plenty of Scottish ones commenting on the UK Parliament (Kuensberg for example)  ... are there any English ones commenting on the Scottish Parliament?    

Scotland is part of the UK, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't have a Scottish commentator speaking about UK politics.....

I’m female and I absolutely hate women commentators. They are clearly there to tick boxes because they aren’t any good. While we’re at it I can’t be doing with the Sky tottie either, just there to be pleasing on the eye. Alex Scott is everywhere and I don’t know why. Just give the job to those who are best at it. 

9 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’m female and I absolutely hate women commentators. They are clearly there to tick boxes because they aren’t any good. While we’re at it I can’t be doing with the Sky tottie either, just there to be pleasing on the eye. Alex Scott is everywhere and I don’t know why. Just give the job to those who are best at it. 

If they could only do that there would be almost no commentators or summarisers employed! 

Other than Martin Tyler and that bloke who does ITV now I find the main commentators generally OK. Female wise, I don't like that one that puts on a fake shouty voice. Think she does Match of the Day. Then again that could be said for Jonathan Pearce.

It's the dreaded co-commentator and sometimes even third commentator who generally manages to speak a lot without actually saying anything. Man or woman.

None of the pundits are worth listening to on any channel. Go and get a beer or a cuppa during half-time. 

Alex Scott is equally as annoying as that Dan Walker bloke.

Edited by JoetheRam

I’d take any of the female co commentators over Don notverygoodman, Andy Hinchcliffe and Lee Dixon.
Alex Scott, Emma Hayes on TV, Laura Woods and Natalie Sawyer on the radio all very good football presenters, pundits etc again certainly better than the likes of Darren Bent, Clinton Morrison and the god awful Andy Goldstein.

On 28/09/2021 at 08:36, PistoldPete said:

I don't know. Philip Neville was manager though of England women's team.

But I guess it's like political commentators.. plenty of Scottish ones commenting on the UK Parliament (Kuensberg for example)  ... are there any English ones commenting on the Scottish Parliament?    

And an English man being the main commentator for Scotland games on Sky Sports who throws in little digs at every opportunity. I'm English and when I watch Scotland on Sky Sports, I'm embarrassed with his cringe.

Can you imagine a Scottish man being the main commentator for England games on ITV etc.

Plus we get to watch England on all the ITV channels up here, STV etc, but if you want to watch Scotland you have to pay the over priced, football killing company Sky Sports for the pleasure!

"Scotland are answering back, at least"......."Scotland score first for a change".........etc.

Remember kids, there are always 2 sides to every story!

On 02/10/2021 at 10:21, Inverurie Ram said:

And an English man being the main commentator for Scotland games on Sky Sports who throws in little digs at every opportunity. I'm English and when I watch Scotland on Sky Sports, I'm embarrassed with his cringe.

Can you imagine a Scottish man being the main commentator for England games on ITV etc.

Plus we get to watch England on all the ITV channels up here, STV etc, but if you want to watch Scotland you have to pay the over priced, football killing company Sky Sports for the pleasure!

"Scotland are answering back, at least"......."Scotland score first for a change".........etc.

Remember kids, there are always 2 sides to every story!

Don't you get to watch the games on Alba tv or similar up there, In Wales we get to watch the games on S4c, with a 10 min delay to Sky for free.   I don't pay for Sky.

2 hours ago, swansea ram said:

Don't you get to watch the games on Alba tv or similar up there, In Wales we get to watch the games on S4c, with a 10 min delay to Sky for free.   I don't pay for Sky.

No, it's sky or nothing. 

Bbc scotland will have highlights at 1030pm. 

22 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

No, it's sky or nothing. 

Bbc scotland will have highlights at 1030pm. 

Lucky you, we have to watch the weather forecast for 3 minutes, before the next programme starts at 10.35pm.