Sky Commentary

Seaside Ram

The issue isn't women commentators, it's commentators in general. Can anyone honestly tell me what the likes of Don Goodman brings to co-commentary? He's shockingly bad. I can name multiple male commentators who are absolutely awful. Michael Owen at the weekend said he'd watched Illan Meslier play for Leeds academy as a 16 year old and thought he was amazing, he didn't join Leeds until he was 19.

The problem in general is a lack of respect from most commentary teams half the time, don't make the effort to do insightful research. Emma Hayes was absolutely brilliant during the Euro's, providing insights and you could tell she had both knowledge of the game and the teams involved. Ali and George that appear on Sky/Quest sometimes are brilliant too, because the actually do research.

14 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Emma Hayes was absolutely brilliant during the Euro's, providing insights and you could tell she had both knowledge of the game and the teams involved. Ali and George that appear on Sky/Quest sometimes are brilliant too, because the actually do research.

I'd like to see what Emma Hayes could do in the men's game. Would be great if she could make an impact there.

Ali and George are great, as is their podcast. I think football could do with more new media pundits alongside the ex pros.

4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'd like to see what Emma Hayes could do in the men's game. Would be great if she could make an impact there.

Ali and George are great, as is their podcast. I think football could do with more new media pundits alongside the ex pros.

The notion that ex-pros are worthwhile pundits is a very thin one.

Some are, obviously, but a lot are hopeless but given credibility by being "an ex-pro"

Needs someone who understands the game and get across that in an insightful or entertaining way.

I find commentators getting shouty very very annoying.

Just now, Seaside Ram said:

Obsessed ?

I was looking for a Derby county online discussion forum then I found a Derby county online discussion forum and heaven knows, I'm miserable now...

Dear Morrissey, not only was Kurt Cobain a better songwriter, he had some ideas about garage redecorating you could perhaps have least considered.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I was looking for a Derby county online discussion forum then I found a Derby county online discussion forum and heaven knows, I'm miserable now...

Dear Morrissey, not only was Kurt Cobain a better songwriter, he had some ideas about garage redecorating you could perhaps have least considered.

Kurt Cobain > Morrissey ?

I think the Radioactive has finally finished your little brain off !!! 

5 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Thread started about how bad women commentators are by someone with a Morrissey avatar....... surprised..?

Your obsession with me is weird , did I or another Smiths fan bully you at school ? Anyway , don't start crying again but .....Viva Moz !!!! 

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Not being bank > being bank

Can't stand the smiths. Most overrated band ever. And nivarna were ducking overrated.

Fair enough , get in touch with that stalker bloke and you can trade Moz insults all night , oh and why don't you both block me so I don't distress you with the Great Man's work . Cheerio Duck !! 

11 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Your obsession with me is weird , did I or another Smiths fan bully you at school ? Anyway , don't start crying again but .....Viva Moz !!!! 

I love the Smiths, the second greatest band ever to walk the earth…BUT also cannot stand racist morons…so I am kind of conflicted. 
Viva Marr. (The ACTUAL genius behind the Smiths) 

Just now, Seaside Ram said:

Fair enough , get in touch with that stalker bloke and you can trade Moz insults all night , oh and why don't you both block me so I don't distress you with the Great Man's work . Cheerio Duck !! 

Why would I do that?

I mean, taste is obviously subjective. I just find it amusing that Morrissey fans are always so touchy, worse than manic Street Preachers fans (Richie manic ain't coming back)

Only decent co commentator in the game is ally mccoist.

He was head and shoulders above anyone else working at the euros.

I don't have sky and watch big matches ie. Recent london Derby via dodgy twitter feeds on my phone with the sound off. I quite often watch MOTD on mute and have some music in the background.

15 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Getting back to the topic in hand, I'm pleased that plenty of people have pointed out the dearth in good commentators, regardless of gender. 

I've seen plenty of criticism of Michael Owen's commentary skills but I don't think I ever heard anyone talking about the contents of his underpants as having any relevance. 

If he's ever done a ? in his pants whilst commentating, and I'm not saying he has, but, he's always had the professionalism to carry on with the broardcast.