Season 21 - 22 survival bid statistics

Yani P

It'll  be a lot clearer end of Jan.
Apart from Cardiff who play a couple of hours after us on the 30th, by the time we play  Birmingham on 30th , Hull, Reading, Barnsley & Peterborough will have all played 3 more games to our 1  (F*+&=t)

And if we're still out of the relegation zone on a points spread across the season, we get a good result against Brum  and no devastating surprises on 31st in terms of player sales -  I would say it's probable  we will stay up 

Edited by Quagga

17 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I think we are near certainties to stay up with the huge caveat that we keep this core group of players together.

Here is the latest handicap table - that puts us ahead of cardiff and reading as it stands.

26 hcap.JPG

I still think we're behind those atm, using your handicap system, Cardiff, Hull and Reading should get an extra point with their game in hand and Reading a further 2 points because of their deduction. But it is very close and we're only 1 point behind our safety schedule as it stands. Factor in current form stats, it looks quite encouraging.

This stat has us exactly on course now to stay up - I have reduced the required points target to 62 (as we are currently tracking this season to end with 41 points as safe). I still expect this to rise by season end but still massively positive that its currently tracking below last season after 25 games.

Amazing after all of our off field trauma our current PPG is exactly what is required for the final 20 games to get us to that 41 points. I am also very confident that we will actually create significant breathing space and aim for far higher than the 41 points based on our form tracking.

aaaaeeeettttyyyy.JPG

Lets play spot the difference, between the bottom 9 clubs in the Championship.

8 clubs in the last 5 games have earned 24 points between them.... i.e. 3 points each
One club has earned 13 points

We have 20 games to go, we caught up on average 10 points over the last five games, we can catch up another 8 over the next 20 - provided we still have a team of course

Capture.JPG

A few rumours from Reading fans on Twitter this evening that they will get another 6 point deduction if they sack Paunovic due to the payout he'd get??

If so and he goes, it puts them on 16 points and we are then just 5 points from safety...

In any event, everyone around us lost today. 3 down from 5 of Cardiff, Reading, Peterborough, Derby and Barnsley it seems.

53 minutes ago, Sean said:

A few rumours from Reading fans on Twitter this evening that they will get another 6 point deduction if they sack Paunovic due to the payout he'd get??

If so and he goes, it puts them on 16 points and we are then just 5 points from safety...

In any event, everyone around us lost today. 3 down from 5 of Cardiff, Reading, Peterborough, Derby and Barnsley it seems.

If that’s true, then it would be suicidal for them to do it, wouldn’t it?

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Points deduction wouldn't be due until next season... unless it means they fall goul of their EFL imposed business plan? ?

2 hours ago, Sean said:

I guess it depends on how much the EFL are monitoring them. It wouldn’t show on their accounts for P&S until next year but if they’re on a suspended 6 point penalty at the minute and that depending on them sticking within the EFL set guidelines for the rest of the season then I guess it could push them over. You’d think before that happens the manager would do the right thing and walk…

23 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Get to within 3 points of at least 2 sides going into the final game of the season.
That gives us 18 games to...
      Gain 2 points on Peterborough,
      Gain 5 points on Reading,
      Gain 6 points on Cardiff.

I think Wayne is right when he said we will know at the end of Feb.

We play Birmingham, Hull, Peterborough and Millwall at home by then…we should be going for 10 points as a minimum from these.

Assume we lose to Boro and Huddersfield, so 10 points in total would mean we’re on 24.

Reading already on 22 points, so would 10 points over that period be enough to close the gap…

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

We play Birmingham, Hull, Peterborough and Millwall at home by then…we should be going for 10 points as a minimum from these.

Assume we lose to Boro and Huddersfield, so 10 points in total would mean we’re on 24.

Reading already on 22 points, so would 10 points over that period be enough to close the gap…

Knowing us we'll beat Boro and Huddersfield and lose to Birmingham and Peterborough ?

2 hours ago, Mckram said:

March 1st - after Cardiff away. That’s a big milestone. I notice the EFL has arranged for us to play this on St David’s Day! Could be tasty. 

Next 9 games are huge.

Birmingham (H)
Huddersfield (A)
Hull (H)
MBoro (A)
PBoro (H)
Millwall (H)
Luton (A)
Cardiff (A)
Barnsley (H)

5 very winnable home games that if we want to survive we have to win. Need to be getting 18pts from those 27pts available.

That would put us on 32pts & leaves us with 10 games left to maybe get 12+ points from

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Next 9 games are huge.

Birmingham (H)
Huddersfield (A)
Hull (H)
MBoro (A)
PBoro (H)
Millwall (H)
Luton (A)
Cardiff (A)
Barnsley (H)

5 very winnable home games that if we want to survive we have to win. Need to be getting 18pts from those 27pts available.

That would put us on 32pts & leaves us with 10 games left to maybe get 12+ points from

Blimey you make it sound possible.. but will we have any players left? 

18 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Next 9 games are huge.

Birmingham (H)
Huddersfield (A)
Hull (H)
MBoro (A)
PBoro (H)
Millwall (H)
Luton (A)
Cardiff (A)
Barnsley (H)

Trust Believe GIF

38 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I will also add that our last 10 games are much more difficult than these upcoming 9.

You’re absolutely right. The positive point is that we have done relatively well against the “better” teams recently. That point at Fulham is starting to look like an incredible result, the way they have been scoring. Wins against Bournemouth and West Brom obviously positive too.

I know it doesn’t help to keep coming back to it, but how different would we all feel had we held for 1-0 in the final 5 minutes at Peterborough, and actually turned up at Barnsley before the international break?