What made today a special day?

Miggins

Happy Birthday, Eddie! Did you celebrate at the beer place in Ashbourne? Hope it was a good day!!

Went to Ashbourne yesterday morning for brunch and a mooch but then about 12 noon snow came hurtling down and so we legged it back to Belper! No problem getting home although the road was a bit slushy.

Very Funny Oops GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Edited by Miggins

44 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Happy Birthday, Eddie! Did you celebrate at the beer place in Ashbourne? Hope it was a good day!!

Went to Ashbourne yesterday morning for brunch and a mooch but then about 12 noon snow came hurtling down and so we legged it back to Belper! No problem getting home although the road was a bit slushy.

Very Funny Oops GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Not today. The weather was just too foul, so we stayed indoors and celebrated at home. Now for the giant egg custard I baked yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, angieram said:

And what a lovely day it has been, @angieram!

Steve went clay pigeoning this morning for the first time this year and Freddie Goodcat has spent most of the day lying in the sunshine. We've been able to get a first coat of sealant on the new shed in the last two days as good weather has been forecast for the rest of the week to allow it to dry.

Blackthorn out everywhere, daffodils looking beautiful and the hawthorn starting to green up.

Lovely full moon the other night. It's called many names according to different traditions but I like the Native American 'Worm Moon' as it's when they noticed worm casts on the ground and it was a sign of spring.

15 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Christian Horner and Max Verstappen's hissy fits. Comedy gold. 

Sadly we had to go to my cousins funeral last week. He was 69 and died in his sleep following a heart attack. Very fit bloke for his age.

He loved formula 1 and his coffin entered the crematorium to that theme tune. Despite my tears I had to smile as I imagined it entering on a set of F1 wheels and screeching round the pews in true John style!! ☺️

A flock of bramblings in the garden today. They were feeding up on sunflower seeds ready for their long journey back to Scandinavia. I thought they were chaffinches until I located the binoculars. It's the first time I've ever seen a brambling and it brings my 'species of birds seen  in 2022' total to 42. What a pretty bird.

2 hours ago, Miggins said:

A flock of bramblings in the garden today. They were feeding up on sunflower seeds ready for their long journey back to Scandinavia. I thought they were chaffinches until I located the binoculars. It's the first time I've ever seen a brambling and it brings my 'species of birds seen  in 2022' total to 42. What a pretty bird.

It's a lovely time of year this, and this sort of thing only enhances it.

I almost suggested someone start a thread entitled "Picture the prettiest looking bird you've ever seen", and... well... y'know... probably best not!   ?

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

Got some new bookcases as I was running out of space and my gf helped put them up. Then we both enjoyed pancakes and started stacking the books. Been feeling quite blue recently so it's been the best day I've had in a good while 

No, no, love. Those books go at the top.

AA9DEC8D-0630-43F3-975F-38CCC30CCBAF.png

10 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Got some new bookcases as I was running out of space and my gf helped put them up. Then we both enjoyed pancakes and started stacking the books. Been feeling quite blue recently so it's been the best day I've had in a good while 

When I moved from Glossop to Belper to live with Mr. Miggins all my books had to be put in storage for a year as there was no room for them. A year later we got better organised and bought some 'Billy' bookcases from Ikea.  Being reunited with my books was like  being reunited with old friends and it suddenly felt more like my house as well.

There's something very therapeutic about getting organised and it's even better with pancakes! Hungry Breakfast GIF

Edited by Miggins