What made today a special day?

Miggins

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Just making my first business trip since the world started coughing - logged into my airline and forgot I have enough miles for two flights to New York, which was nice.

I'd settle for just one trip to New York in a lifetime. What an experience that would be!

I've been feeling a bit low these last few days so I decided to set myself a project to decorate our kitchen. Today I painted the kitchen ceiling and I'm already feeling more positive. Not exactly a special day but I hope that it is a positive move towards future motivation! 

I look after my mum 4 days a week and after teaching for 31 years and then working in a garden centre tending plants for 10 years I sometimes feel a bit 'adrift'. I still need to feel that I am a 'cog in the machine' and so today was a good day.

Bullying, cajoling, and dragging my 90 year old father in law (aided and abetted by his daughter... the lovely Muckerette) out of the house (which he didn't want to do), for the first time in weeks, and out for a test drive (Which he didn't want to do) on a mobility scooter (that he didn't want) only to witness a massive grin (the first for a good few weeks), receive a heartfelt thanks and a hug (Ilson men don't hug?  Pfft!) , and congratulate ourselves on a job well done, as he sits excitedly awaiting delivery tomorrow! 

Today has been a particularly good day, despite my wife appearing to be quite the bully, when she wants to be!  I know different!  Good on her, I say!  ?

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Bullying, cajoling, and dragging my 90 year old father in law (aided and abetted by his daughter... the lovely Muckerette) out of the house (which he didn't want to do), for the first time in weeks, and out for a test drive (Which he didn't want to do) on a mobility scooter (that he didn't want) only to witness a massive grin (the first for a good few weeks), receive a heartfelt thanks and a hug (Ilson men don't hug?  Pfft!) , and congratulate ourselves on a job well done, as he sits excitedly awaiting delivery tomorrow! 

Today has been a particularly good day, despite my wife appearing to be quite the bully, when she wants to be!  I know different!  Good on her, I say!  ?

Sometimes it's just the effort which is too much for the elderly, but once they have made the effort with some aiding and abetting, they have such a wonderful experience which is the stuff memories are made of! What a good day you have all had and I really hope that your father in law gains a new lease of life with his mobility scooter!! Well done, Mrs. Mucker.

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

We all have the stubborn in law stories as we get older, those of us who are lucky to still have them around mind.

I keep thinking that I will not be like that when I hopefully get to that age, but I think it’s inevitable.  Angry at the world, nobody understands, what do they know? 
It’s really nice to hear that you’ve improved his life via persistence.

Well done to you two! ??

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Been off work for over 2 months with things being a real struggle one way or the other.

Ran nearly 3.5 miles for the first time in about 5 months wasn't easy and had to walk for a couple of times but did it. 

Will the renewed regime benefit your state of mind and thereby stop you moaning? Asking for a friend... ?

14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Been off work for over 2 months with things being a real struggle one way or the other.

Ran nearly 3.5 miles for the first time in about 5 months wasn't easy and had to walk for a couple of times but did it. 

Good stuff Tyler. Hope you can soon put the Shiite behind you ?

19 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You're right, I need to start focusing on more constructive and positive thoughts which is my intention so bear with me ?

Only messing with you buddy! Not exactly a lot to be cheery about from a Derby perspective, least until we're out of admin. I'm trying to steel myself to get back to the gym myself for the very same reasons. I know the first two weeks will be hateful but the benefits will come soon after. Anyway, well done mate! First step typically the toughest ?

Edited by 86 Hair Islands