Parking

Ibby

Chad might be your best bet, as sage suggests. But I’ve heard that roads are becoming harder to park on, due to permit zones and unwelcoming residents. I’ve been thinking about where to park for this season too. Used to park at retail park, but they reduced the time to 2 hours on match days, which meant late arriving and mad dash just before full time!

Anyone who parks/lives in Chad know more?

42 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Chad might be your best bet, as sage suggests. But I’ve heard that roads are becoming harder to park on, due to permit zones and unwelcoming residents. I’ve been thinking about where to park for this season too. Used to park at retail park, but they reduced the time to 2 hours on match days, which meant late arriving and mad dash just before full time!

You can park at the parade of shops.

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

We park in Toby Carvery car park in Chaddesden. Need to get there earlyish to make sure you get a decent spot though. Just means it's a good excuse to have a carvery beforehand (or when it's an early kickoff, a breakfast carvery)

1 minute ago, EraniosSocks said:

I've used to always Parkon the housing estate near Deadman's lane. Just walk up the hill and you are at the ground! 

Now thankfully I park in my work car park

They don't like you parking down there, I had a tyre slashed couple of years ago, but like you I am able to park at work very close to there, although prefer the bus so i can have a few pre-match beers to filter the game through!

1 minute ago, Rich84 said:

They don't like you parking down there, I had a tyre slashed couple of years ago, but like you I am able to park at work very close to there, although prefer the bus so i can have a few pre-match beers to filter the game through!

Seriously! Bloody Eck! It has been a few years since I parked there to be honest! 

This feels like a question from the 1970s.

Secure, side-street parking near football grounds just doesn't exist anymore, does it? 

In the past, when I lived miles away, I used to try to arrive fairly early and park on London Road or on Chequers Road, which meant a 10 minute walk and ensured a fairly quick getaway. If I couldn't manage early, I'd park on the Liversage Street car park and pay the fee. 

I remember once going to a night-game at Pompey back in the mid-80s. Arriving relatively late, I found a great parking spot in a side street not a stone's throw from the ground. Giving myself a big pat on the back for being so clever, I went off to watch the game. I got back to find a parking ticket stuck to the windscreen. In the dark, I hadn't seen the "residents only" parking sign ? 

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

I parked in Chadd for the Huddersfield game on a side street near to the footbridge but saw lots other supporters parking bit further away on main Nottingham Road. 

Got there about half two and easy to find a space though not sure how likely that would have been if the crowd had been significantly more than 16k - can imagine would have to get there much, much earlier then that if it had been and would have led to people artificially "maximising" parking spaces pissing the locals off.