Parking

Ibby

12 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Can you still park in the big car park behind the velodrome? No mention of parking with the season ticket renewal info and have always had a season ticket for there

Being used for Covid jabs for the foreseeable future.

13:45  Park up at Jaguar (The old Cattle Market site), point and coo at a couple of cars, then ask to see a salesman.
13:50  Accept the kind offer of a posh coffee and a chat.
14:15  Tell them you need to go for a walk and have a think about it.  Throw in the phrase "As it's a big commitment", to make it more believable(1).
14:40  Arrive at ground.
17:15  Just pop back in to the salesman, and tell him you'll discuss with the missus, and call him back on Monday.  Ask for his business card, to make it more believable(2)
17:18  Drive away.

I've been doing this for years.

...Obviously, I had to fake an interest in live cattle back in the day, but the principle is the same!

1 minute ago, ColonelBlimp said:

When I lived in Sussex and travelled up, I used to park in Albert Rd in Chad.

Now I live in Mickleover, I park at the Intu and walk down.

How helpful was I?

This is one of those brain teasers isn't it?
I'm good at these (obvs!)

I reckon the answer is:

You weren't helpful at all, because you were dead in the middle of the pond!

Aha!  You'll have to get up a lot earlier in the morning to catch me out, pal!  ?‍?

19 hours ago, Ibby said:

Any free parking near the ground like side streets ? Just asking for a friend thank you.

Alvaston Park off London Rd has a free car park , you`d be coming of Raynesway to Blue Peter end of Alvo , right towards the ground/town , it`s a right turn off there b4 you get to the big Wickes/YMCA roundabout , then walk along the river brings you out behind DW , i always got away quick after games when i parked there  

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

13:45  Park up at Jaguar (The old Cattle Market site), point and coo at a couple of cars, then ask to see a salesman.
14:15  Tell them you need to go for a walk and have a think about it.  Throw in the phrase "As it's a big commitment", to make it more believable(1).
17:15  Just pop back in to the salesman, and tell him you'll discuss with the missus, and call him back on Monday.  Ask for his business card, to make it more believable(2)

...Obviously, I had to fake an interest in live cattle back in the day, but the principle is the same!

Surely that cant be happening again and again. You may have got away with it once properly.  Nice little story..

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Surely that cant be happening again and again. You may have got away with it once properly.  Nice little story..