Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

Got to say I’m getting ever more intrigued by this Reading situation and what can happen.

What gets me the most is the actual Ince announcement and the timing of it being straight after a game. To me that comes straight from the Mel Morris handbook of trying to sweep your bad news under the carpet. It’s not that it turns eyes away from you but a form of damage control. 

It could be that everything is above board, and fine is so, but something just gets me about the timing of that announcement and why they didn’t wait until into the evening or even the next day.

If they aren’t following a business plan it’ll be interesting to see when the EFL act. Will they wait until after the season or do it before which drags Reading further into the scrap and a way our for Derby? From a football perspective, we just need to concentrate on ourselves, it’s just something to be aware of.

11 hours ago, Foreveram said:

I watched the Bournemouth- Peterborough game, I think we should go there  full of confidence .

I watched it also ,and who was the guy that had the stupid yellow card after kicking the player when trying to get up, local commentator said he would be a big miss on Saturday for Bournemouth.

16 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Got to say I’m getting ever more intrigued by this Reading situation and what can happen.

What gets me the most is the actual Ince announcement and the timing of it being straight after a game. To me that comes straight from the Mel Morris handbook of trying to sweep your bad news under the carpet. It’s not that it turns eyes away from you but a form of damage control. 

It could be that everything is above board, and fine is so, but something just gets me about the timing of that announcement and why they didn’t wait until into the evening or even the next day.

If they aren’t following a business plan it’ll be interesting to see when the EFL act. Will they wait until after the season or do it before which drags Reading further into the scrap and a way our for Derby? From a football perspective, we just need to concentrate on ourselves, it’s just something to be aware of.

The Reading Manager who was sacked was told the day before he'd be dismissed so was OK with taking the team duties that day, So announcing Ince when they did is no big deal.

I'm intreguided to find out if Reading have gone outside of their EFL plan especially with the loan signings, Yes the loan clubs sometimes agree to pay a % of their wages and this is maybe why Barnsley have written to the EFL and ask/complain

11 minutes ago, glyn1957 said:

I watched it also ,and who was the guy that had the stupid yellow card after kicking the player when trying to get up, local commentator said he would be a big miss on Saturday for Bournemouth.

Yep, they can shoehorn in some 12 million sub of the bench in desperation.  FFP fair for everyone?

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The Reading Manager who was sacked was told the day before he'd be dismissed so was OK with taking the team duties that day, So announcing Ince when they did is no big deal.

I'm intreguided to find out if Reading have gone outside of their EFL plan especially with the loan signings, Yes the loan clubs sometimes agree to pay a % of their wages and this is maybe why Barnsley have written to the EFL and ask/complain

Loan wages of 5-10% and managers leaving with no payoff and new coaching teams working for free screams deferred payments for a couple of years.  You would assume the EFL would have to agree to the loan fees though ?.  Lets complain as well.

45 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

They won't do anything this season that might give us a lifeline , you can be assured of that 

23 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Loan wages of 5-10% and managers leaving with no payoff and new coaching teams working for free screams deferred payments for a couple of years.  You would assume the EFL would have to agree to the loan fees though ?.  Lets complain as well.

Well if they get their suspended 6pts next season, based on stuff they’re doing now, we’ve definitely got a Wycombe-esque claim against them. So would Barnsley. 

6 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

They won't do anything this season that might give us a lifeline , you can be assured of that 

Dear Barnsley,

As you rightly point out, there are compelling reasons to deduct points from reading FC. However, as doing so could potentially benefit derby county we are unable to enact a deduction on reading at this time. We suggest you sue DCFC for any damages.

Kind regards

S. Gibson (Mr)

14 hours ago, Patrick Rams said:

Really pleasing to think that if Barnsley had held out tonight they'd have been only 3 points from safety...which gives me more hope we can get out of this !

Just when we thought Barnsley and Peterborough had nothing more to give , they come storming back. It looks sure to go to the last day. Although Reading seem to have the best players they don’t seem to have as much fight in them. 

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Am I right in thinking our business plan specifically forbids taking players in loan but only paying a percentage of wages (ie we have to pay the full amount)? If so, why is t the same applied to others? I know our situation is different to Reading’s, but I don’t see why that would mean we shouldn't be allowed to use the generosity of other clubs like other teams do when they have discounted loan wages, or delayed payments (like Fulham have for Wilson).

17 minutes ago, Indy said:

Am I right in thinking our business plan specifically forbids taking players in loan but only paying a percentage of wages (ie we have to pay the full amount)? If so, why is t the same applied to others? I know our situation is different to Reading’s, but I don’t see why that would mean we shouldn't be allowed to use the generosity of other clubs like other teams do when they have discounted loan wages, or delayed payments (like Fulham have for Wilson).

The EFL generously allowed us to loan our own player back. 

Just like they generously, after much negotiation, allowed us to play some of our 12 year olds to make up the numbers. 

Surely with this request you’d be pushing their generosity beyond the very limits. 

53 minutes ago, Indy said:

Until the takeover no loan or signed players are allowed at PP, Their thought is, If we have money for wages this should be used to pay of creditors...not 100% sure tho.

Report here...talkSport tho ?‍♂️

https://talksport.com/football/efl/1020869/derby-county-transfer-embargo-wayne-rooney-championship/

37 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Until the takeover no loan or signed players are allowed at PP, Their thought is, If we have money for wages this should be used to pay of creditors...not 100% sure tho.

Report here...talkSport tho ?‍♂️

https://talksport.com/football/efl/1020869/derby-county-transfer-embargo-wayne-rooney-championship/

I meant the business plan in place for the next year or two for after a takeover has happened. Fully admit that strict limits on a club in administration are to be expected.

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

I meant the business plan in place for the next year or two for after a takeover has happened. Fully admit that strict limits on a club in administration are to be expected.

Now that depends, New owner comes in after agreeing Qs sale, They will still be under an EFL straight jacket in other words a fiscal business case, So yes DCFC will be able to sign players but under an EFL agreement

The other scenario is, DCFC take the harder route of paying off their debt which will entail a harsher punishment but we'll be able to spend spend spend.

Other posters with more knowledge than myself can put it better ?

34 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Now that depends, New owner comes in after agreeing Qs sale, They will still be under an EFL straight jacket in other words a fiscal business case, So yes DCFC will be able to sign players but under an EFL agreement

The other scenario is, DCFC take the harder route of paying off their debt which will entail a harsher punishment but we'll be able to spend spend spend.

Other posters with more knowledge than myself can put it better ?

I don't know who is doing the calculus on points deduction Vs better squad by ignoring EFL demands, but I imagine the scenarios are at least being thought about.

Ultimately, I think the risks and reputation damage would outweigh the benefits.

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I don't know who is doing the calculus on points deduction Vs better squad by ignoring EFL demands, but I imagine the scenarios are at least being thought about.

Ultimately, I think the risks and reputation damage would outweigh the benefits.

Yes me too, It's becoming a guessing game now, Work under an EFL programme or sod this we'll go our own way and take the hit

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Yes me too, It's becoming a guessing game now, Work under an EFL programme or sod this we'll go our own way and take the hit

If it's a case off "business plan says sell your best player" and you think you'll get deducted 3 points but probably win 3 matches with him.

It's a dangerous road to go down, but if these businesses plans are used as punitive tools rather than fiscal security tools, I can see clubs started to say, yeah,sod that.

i see Reading are being given permission to sign an emergency goalkeeper for saturdays game against florist, he will be a replacement for their injured loan keeper from Arsenal , even though there previous first choice keeper is fit and a young keeper was on the bench , smacks of double standards again by the EFL

7 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

i see Reading are being given permission to sign an emergency goalkeeper for saturdays game against florist, he will be a replacement for their injured loan keeper from Arsenal , even though there previous first choice keeper is fit and a young keeper was on the bench , smacks of double standards again by the EFL

Absolutely 

12 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Thats ridiculous.  Not sure how that can be allowed.  Expect an international to sign with 100 caps. probably on 200k a week elsewhere.  Reading will be allowed to pay £1.50 of his wages.  Anything to help the Derby downward trajectory programme will be ratified as OK