Local Media - are they being ignored.

simmoram1995

I wanted to ask you guys for your opinions on the local media and newspapers and whether you feel the club are ostracising them and avoiding communication and instead turning to Mel’s TalkSPORT pals?

i have Steve Nicholson on Facebook and everything he posts is usually followed by a barrage of abuse a lot of it totally unwarranted?

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Chris Coles from Radio Derby gave a good update a few weeks ago, when fans were asking for one.

I don't think it's a deliberate snub, it's just that there's not much access for any journalists at the moment. 

Maybe the nationals are more persistent?

The nationals atr happier to take a punt on rumours and fill in the gaps. 

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but Steve Nicholson also usually has something interesting to say after the press conferences, IF you can be bothered to wade through the rubbish in the other articles. 

It's about choosing the right ones and I sometimes get it wrong!

I bet Steve Nicholson can't wait to retire.

He's a very good journo, unfortunately the paper he works for has joined the headlong rush for clickbait just to survive, and any good he can do is swamped by the rubbish his employer pushes out.

He'd have been fantastic at The Athletic.

That's not a slight on Ryan Conway either.

I think that Chris Coles is an absolute gem and Steve Nicholson comes across as a really nice fella who knows his stuff. 

Before Chris it was OB , who is absolutely brilliant and surely destined for big things ( if he wants them ) - a bit like Darren Ferguson who used to be on local radio and now heads up BT Sport commentary and presents on Radio Five Live 

So someone at RD and DT must be doing something right !

I think its a particularly tough time for newspaper journalists so they have my sympathy even though the DT website is pretty infuriating !

9 minutes ago, Bianoic said:

I think that Chris Coles is an absolute gem and Steve Nicholson comes across as a really nice fella who knows his stuff. 

Before Chris it was OB , who is absolutely brilliant and surely destined for big things ( if he wants them ) - a bit like Darren Ferguson who used to be on local radio and now heads up BT Sport commentary and presents on Radio Five Live 

I think its a particularly tough time for newspaper journalists so they have my sympathy even though the DT website is pretty infuriating !

Fletcher isn’t it? At least that’s what I assume from McManaman’s constant “Fletch”.

I'd like to read Nicholson's book when he retires so the truth can be outed.

There's quite clearly something wrong with the way the local reporters appear to be silent on  DCFC matters. You'd even go as far as thinking the club had some kind of say on what they can say and what they CAN'T say. 

Other than Chris Coles breaking the news of the behind closed doors meeting,not one reporter has since questioned what was said there and pushed the matter further.

The local boys should be all over this demanding answers. Every hour of every day. The fans would back them to the hilt. Perhaps Melvyn is wise enough to know he can't afford the backlash.

Coward !

Edited by Charlie George

8 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

I'd like to read Nicholson's book when he retires so the truth can be outed.

There's quite clearly something wrong with the way the local reporters appear to be silent on  DCFC matters. You'd even go as far as thinking the club had some kind of say on what they can say and what they CAN'T say. 

Other than Chris Coles breaking the news of the behind closed doors meeting,not one reporter has since questioned what was said there and pushed the matter further.

The local boys should be all over this demanding answers. Every hour of every day. The fans would back them to the hilt. Perhaps Melvyn is wise enough to know he can't afford the backlash.

Coward !

I don't think there's anyone at the club to give them answers, tbf.

33 minutes ago, Bianoic said:

Think you mean Darren fletcher!! I remember listening to century FM when they mainly covered Derby and forest - and they reluctantly covered Leicester - how that would be different now ahah. 

3 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Think you mean Darren fletcher!! I remember listening to century FM when they mainly covered Derby and forest - and they reluctantly covered Leicester - how that would be different now ahah. 

I never liked him, until he revealed himself a Notts County fan, then he became acceptable.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but Steve Nicholson also usually has something interesting to say after the press conferences, IF you can be bothered to wade through the rubbish in the other articles. 

It's about choosing the right ones and I sometimes get it wrong!

?

I always like reading how he's put together (social media) snippets and yes, after pressers, matches and such. But if only it wasn't quite such a pain with all the pop-up adverts etc. TOO much is TOO much. So I don't read as many as I might, which is a shame.

Edited by RoyMac5

20 minutes ago, Bianoic said:

You dont seem to like many people, do you Rev !!!??? ?

I love everyone mate!

Well, nearly everyone.

I'm also big enough to apologise for my behaviour last night, I was like a Mardy toddler being told it's time for bed.

Welcome to the forum, btw.

(If you look hard enough, there's a topic enabling new members to introduce themselves to the forum, if they so wish.)

It's buried in the last subsection, whatever it's called these days.

The Jim Smith room.

Edited by Rev
Detail.

34 minutes ago, Rev said:

I love everyone mate!

Well, nearly everyone.

I'm also big enough to apologise for my behaviour last night, I was like a Mardy toddler being told it's time for bed.

Welcome to the forum, btw.

(If you look hard enough, there's a topic enabling new members to introduce themselves to the forum, if they so wish.)

It's buried in the last subsection, whatever it's called these days.

The Jim Smith room.

Good on you 

And I’m sorry if I wound you up - my fault 

Up The Rams !!