v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Sibley was our brightest spark i.m.o and will only get sharper with more time out there.

You’re right, he brought us alive and they were scared by him. I do have some sympathy for Rooney though. He played it safe for 60/70 minutes .. they were pressing us and a rash Sibley could have messed up the “must get a draw, but a win would be nice” set up … now there’s a moot point .. for whatever reason .. nature or circumstance, I think Rooney is risk averse. 

4 minutes ago, jono said:

You’re right, he brought us alive and they were scared by him. I do have some sympathy for Rooney though. He played it safe for 60/70 minutes .. they were pressing us and a rash Sibley could have messed up the “must get a draw, but a win would be nice” set up … now there’s a moot point .. for whatever reason .. nature or circumstance, I think Rooney is risk averse. 

Easy to suggest it's risk averse but we had two very good chances (Watson and Lawrence) and a goal in the first half, plus two CBs who had only just been introduced.

Why did Dwayne Holmes get so much abuse from our supporters this afternoon, thought he always did OK for us when he played.....

One guy shouted at him when he got subbed go and get a drink with Lawrence in the Joiners Arms now, I didn't even think Holmes had been embroiled in that episode or am I missing something.....

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Why did Dwayne Holmes get so much abuse from our supporters this afternoon, thought he always did OK for us when he played.....

One guy shouted at him when he got subbed go and get a drink with Lawrence in the Joiners Arms now, I didn't even think Holmes had been embroiled in that episode or am I missing something.....

Because what he said about about the club and the fans that's why so much hatred towards him.

14 minutes ago, jono said:

Over his tenure that's been the overriding impression to me too and it's not necessarily a bad thing,you can certainly get success in that way.

Not particularly my thing tho,I'd rather win 5-4 than 1-0.

7 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Not particularly my thing tho, I'd rather win 5-4 than 1-0.

Well bless CKR but he's more likely to score 5 in a season than in a game, so who is gonna score our five if we let four in? Gotta start with baby steps.

35 minutes ago, Topram said:

Thought Fozzy was brilliant aswell 

Agree Fozzy was possibly MOTM. However, he doesn't have the longest throw-in and gave the ball away to the opposition more often than not. He needs more movement from his team mates to give him at least a couple of viable options.

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Easy to suggest it's risk averse but we had two very good chances (Watson and Lawrence) and a goal in the first half, plus two CBs who had only just been introduced.

Fair point Roy, I just feel 2 deep lying mids means less support for Kaz. The counter is that it makes us hard to beat

3 minutes ago, jono said:

Fair point Roy, I just feel 2 deep lying mids means less support for Kaz. The counter is that it makes us hard to beat

I agree, well on the less support. Not sure it makes us harder to beat. But I'd rather we shoe-horned the squad into 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. I think 4-2-3-1 leaves us at risk of being over run in midfield too.

Edit: although I thought Carroll made a really good go of being in the two. Shinnie has qualities but him and Bird don't go well together.

Edited by RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

Yeah, I've looked everywhere too and couldn't find the attendance either. Looked like around the 15,000 mark to me.

Yes around the 15 or 16k mark the North Stand looked practically empty and the East Stand only fullish in the centre.