Wycombe threaten to sue and send us into admin. if we stay up!

RoyMac5

10 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Does anyone know how long the efl actually have got to appeal this latest result ? 

14 days after the written reasons are published
Then it will be however long they want to drag the actual process out for

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I think you are either accidentally or deliberately missing my point.

I’m not disputing the fact that there are some crazy things going on in football or that it was tough on Rotherham. 

With regard to Wycombe being competitive, they still gained more points that Rotherham so what does that make Rotherham? 

One more time, what I am saying is that, if we were relegated, to retrospectively award Rotherham some more points (that’s effectively what you’d have to do to put them above Wycombe) for whatever reason would be madness.

Some of your other points including what an odd season it’s been and the other teams you have mentioned are perfectly valid but irrelevant to this argument.

Wycombe gained one more point - after the event.  IMO, Wycombe do not deserve a reprieve either, taking into account the fact, as pointed out, that they went into the final day with their fate virtually guaranteed. You say giving Rotherham additional points is madness yet giving a reprieve to a side who needed a 13 goal swing makes sense? Rotherham came within 7 minutes of achieving safety, (two from normal time) though I accept the argument that nobody knows what would have happened in our game v Sheff W if the scores were level and we had to go for a win.

If relegation happens & Wycombe reprieved, well, there's nothing I can do about it. The lack of preparation, bedding in any new signings pre-season and the fact that we have not moved on from Survival Saturday  does not bode well . The only consolation should it happen, as mentioned by @LeedsCityRam, is that other big sides have regrouped, it might just be a good while/feel like treading water.

I think we will have to respectfully beg to differ. I'm not here to bang you into submission, but neither can I agree with you, it's just what happened to Rotherham sits ill with me, as did what happened to Wigan last season, final league standing, EFL rules, whatever. So we're coming from it from  different angles. I agree mine is the more eccentric, but no, I do not look like Vivian Stanshall.

1 hour ago, JfR said:

14 days after the written reasons are published
Then it will be however long they want to drag the actual process out for

Thankyou 

without meaning to bombard u with questions but how long do we expect the details to come out over the fine 

5 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Thankyou 

without meaning to bombard u with questions but how long do we expect the details to come out over the fine 

I'd expcted this week, on the assumption that there was a lot of "let us know befor the fixtrues come out" pressure so they got told the decision last week even though they were still wrtiing up the report.....So, yeah, soon I hope but dont really know.

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

To quote 

“Derby did the amortisation”….. that the efl signed off for 3 years 

should be end of story really 

I think that is a bit of a myth when you read through all the findings.  The EFL trust clubs to do the summary correctly. They check whether a breach has occurred, if not they wait for the audited accounts to confirm what was stated in the summary then move on.  They basically rely on the auditors but as we can see it is an incredibly naive approach.  Part of the audit should require the auditors to confirm the summary is correct.  If later it is proved otherwise it is the auditors who hang

53 minutes ago, Asanovic70 said:

Wycombe gained one more point - after the event.  IMO, Wycombe do not deserve a reprieve either, taking into account the fact, as pointed out, that they went into the final day with their fate virtually guaranteed. You say giving Rotherham additional points is madness yet giving a reprieve to a side who needed a 13 goal swing makes sense? Rotherham came within 7 minutes of achieving safety, (two from normal time) though I accept the argument that nobody knows what would have happened in our game v Sheff W if the scores were level and we had to go for a win.

If relegation happens & Wycombe reprieved, well, there's nothing I can do about it. The lack of preparation, bedding in any new signings pre-season and the fact that we have not moved on from Survival Saturday  does not bode well . The only consolation should it happen, as mentioned by @LeedsCityRam, is that other big sides have regrouped, it might just be a good while/feel like treading water.

I think we will have to respectfully beg to differ. I'm not here to bang you into submission, but neither can I agree with you, it's just what happened to Rotherham sits ill with me, as did what happened to Wigan last season, final league standing, EFL rules, whatever. So we're coming from it from  different angles. I agree mine is the more eccentric, but no, I do not look like Vivian Stanshall.

Yes we will have to agree to disagree but, the facts remain that, regardless of how close Rotherham came to survival, they didn’t achieve it and finished behind Wycombe and so couldn’t possibly keep their place ahead off Wycombe. 

8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Thankyou 

I'd agree with @RadioactiveWaste that, reasonably, you'd have to imagine it'll be soon, but it's anyone's guess, really. The first case had the written reasons published a day after the findings, but we're already over a week late on this one. I suppose a lot of it depends on how much the EFL jumped the gun by when they published the sanction originally.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes we will have to agree to disagree but, the facts remain that, regardless of how close Rotherham came to survival, they didn’t achieve it and finished behind Wycombe and so couldn’t possibly keep their place ahead off Wycombe. 

I agree It is a league, the positions don’t lie.

11 minutes ago, JfR said:

I'd agree with @RadioactiveWaste that, reasonably, you'd have to imagine it'll be soon, but it's anyone's guess, really. The first case had the written reasons published a day after the findings, but we're already over a week late on this one. I suppose a lot of it depends on how much the EFL jumped the gun by when they published the sanction originally.

That’s what I was thinking I’m sure the details followed quite quickly first time round 

5 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

U would think we have more collectively to worry about than my misfiring autocorrect wouldn’t you lol

Autocorrect is the crabgrass in the lawn of life as far as the grammar GestadtPolizei are concerned!

Punsters and Poets are renowned for introducing a modicum of levity into otherwise depressing elements of supporting the Rams. 

As the saying goes "When faced with inevitable disaster absolute defiance is the only available option!"

(In other words, don't ask us what we think of the EFL if you don't want an honest, but possibly rude, reply!)

7 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

Autocorrect is the crabgrass in the lawn of life as far as the grammar GestadtPolizei are concerned!

Punsters and Poets are renowned for introducing a modicum of levity into otherwise depressing elements of supporting the Rams. 

As the saying goes "When faced with inevitable disaster absolute defiance is the only available option!"

(In other words, don't ask us what we think of the EFL if you don't want an honest, but possibly rude, reply!)

What ? 

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We got more points than Rotherham, Wycombe and Wednesday. As we finished 4th from bottom , I vote for us to stay up..hurrah

We didn’t really get more points than Wednesday though, did we?

9 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

I defiantly know what you mean Steve! ?

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

We didn’t really get more points than Wednesday though, did we?

hmm let me check the league table.... yes we did get more points!

the issue is that much as goals change games, their starting position was predicated on starting with a minus and nobody knows how it would pan out if they had started on 0.  It was certainly to our advantage but we just don't know 

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

hmm let me check the league table.... yes we did get more points!

the issue is that much as goals change games, their starting position was predicated on starting with a minus and nobody knows how it would pan out if they had started on 0.  It was certainly to our advantage but we just don't know 

But we didn’t earn more points. My point is that if we’re saying we finished 4th bottom because the table doesn’t lie, so we earnt our survival, therefore it would be unfair to replace us with Wycombe, who didn’t earn their survival. Well we didn’t actually earn more points than Wednesday, so we didn’t really earn our survival any more than Wycombe did, we survived by virtu of another team being docked points. 

21 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

But we didn’t earn more points. My point is that if we’re saying we finished 4th bottom because the table doesn’t lie, so we earnt our survival, therefore it would be unfair to replace us with Wycombe, who didn’t earn their survival. Well we didn’t actually earn more points than Wednesday, so we didn’t really earn our survival any more than Wycombe did, we survived by virtu of another team being docked points. 

I repeat nobody knows what the table will have looked like if wendy had no penalty