EFL Verdict

DCFC90

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I think it’s very unlikely they’d postpone the start of the season for us and Wycombe especially given how long any subsequent appeal(s) would take. Also, rule 28.2 says they can after “consultation with and consideration for the clubs involved”. So, not only would they need to “consult” with Derby (that could be fun) and Wycombe but also our respective opponents in those games. It wouldn’t take many games before a load of other teams get impacted by the mess. That’s another reason why I don’t think the EFL will appeal.

Let’s imagine the EFL take another week to make their mind up to appeal. Then the DC pull out all the stops and make a judgement after just four weeks. I imagine Derby would have at least a week to appeal the new penalty and the DC take another 3 weeks to hear our counter appeal. We’re now getting towards the end of August by which time we should have played 5 league games.

I don’t know what rights of appeal Derby would have but, if an EFL went against us, I can’t imagine that would be the end of the matter.

I think they will appeal, and the result will not be much different. I think we will stay in the Championship for this season coming. I don’t think that anything will be backdated.

if we fail the retrospective FFP then we will get  points deduction for either this season or next. If we are outside the financial limits then I don’t expect it to be by much so would expect more than a 6 points deduction. 

if we get a fine and stay in FFP there are going to be a lot of clubs pointing fingers at the EFL and their inability to get things done. A lot at  stake for us but as much for the reputation of the EFL.

sorry and Gibson can stick it where the sun don’t shine ?

12 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Long article from the Athletic. Interesting. The key bit they don't mention in their article is, from two posts on Popside: 'We were in dialogue with the EFL regarding our accounts and accounting methods...Our accounts in question were signed off by the EFL for the three years'!!!

The EFL have effed up royally with this interchangeable fixture list. With clubs requiring certainly of what league they are playing in both Derby and Wycombe are unfairly being left in limbo as any appeal and decision is likely to take weeks especially as we will appeal or even sue the EFL if they attempt to apply any deduction retrospectively.

I believe the EFL will very soon announce they’ll appeal but at the same time they will say any forthcoming punishment will be applied next season. It’s the only logical way they can dig themselves out of the hole they’ve got themselves into.

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

Also, if we have to submit revised accounts then surely it is permissible for us now to use the top end valuation of the stadium (£83m was it?) rather than the £80m we used in the original accounts ?

Well that’s actually very interesting ? and potentially could have a big impact - we shall see at some point I suppose 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't believe we breached the rules. We did what (good) accountants always do, we stretched them as far as we could. I hope we're still in P&S bounds after the sale of the stadium, that would be the cherry on the EFLs cake!

Except we didn't just "hope". We checked with them first ?

15 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

The EFL have effed up royally with this interchangeable fixture list. With clubs requiring certainly of what league they are playing in both Derby and Wycombe are unfairly being left in limbo as any appeal and decision is likely to take weeks especially as we will appeal or even sue the EFL if they attempt to apply any deduction retrospectively.

I believe the EFL will very soon announce they’ll appeal but at the same time they will say any forthcoming punishment will be applied next season. It’s the only logical way they can dig themselves out of the hole they’ve got themselves into.

I don’t believe we or anyone else can sue a fellow club in the EFL and I also believe we cannot or any other club sue the EFL 

worth Remembering that the EFL is a cartel and can do what it likes whenever it likes which includes victimisation and complete ignorance of reality and has demonstrated these abilities on numerous occasions. 

22 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Depends, if they come out next week (or whenever the full findings are published) and say they’re not going to appeal, then we can all move on. This is what I think (and hope) will happen.

Until the report is published, I guess they didn’t have a lot of choice. To not call out the fact that are fixtures are interchangeable would either imply they’re not going to appeal regardless of what the full report says or, lead to uncertainty if people were to ask “what if the EFL appeal and the penalty is changed to a retrospective points deduction?”

1 hour ago, angieram said:

How can you possibly know this before a ball has even been kicked and the transfer window has closed?

As for lowest point, of course it isn't. 

Absolutely correct - the club going bust before a deal was done at the very last minute back in the 70s/80s was not a good situation.

in terms of next season I am optimistic that the youngsters can and will kick on and with a few loan reinforcements and a few free transfers we should do ok, centre half’s and centre forwards are our main focus and current concerns

Just prior to kick off against Huddersfield Town there will be a public announcement broadcast stating that the match has been abandoned, since Derby are in the wrong division. 
I wouldn’t be at all surprised by this, so on that basis I won’t be attending. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Long article from the Athletic. Interesting. The key bit they don't mention in their article is, from two posts on Popside: 'We were in dialogue with the EFL regarding our accounts and accounting methods...Our accounts in question were signed off by the EFL for the three years'!!!

I was hoping for a summary of what the article DOES say! ?

3 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Just prior to kick off against Huddersfield Town there will be a public announcement broadcast stating that the match has been abandoned, since Derby are in the wrong division. 
I wouldn’t be at all surprised by this, so on that basis I won’t be attending. 

I know/assume you’re only joking. Not even the clowns at the EFL would leave it that late. But heck, you don’t have to justify reasons for not attending.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't believe we breached the rules. We did what (good) accountants always do, we stretched them as far as we could. I hope we're still in P&S bounds after the sale of the stadium, that would be the cherry on the EFLs cake!

That is what aggressive accountants do - not the same as good ones

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I think it’s very unlikely they’d postpone the start of the season for us and Wycombe especially given how long any subsequent appeal(s) would take. Also, rule 28.2 says they can after “consultation with and consideration for the clubs involved”. So, not only would they need to “consult” with Derby (that could be fun) and Wycombe but also our respective opponents in those games. It wouldn’t take many games before a load of other teams get impacted by the mess. That’s another reason why I don’t think the EFL will appeal.

Let’s imagine the EFL take another week to make their mind up to appeal. Then the DC pull out all the stops and make a judgement after just four weeks. I imagine Derby would have at least a week to appeal the new penalty and the DC take another 3 weeks to hear our counter appeal. We’re now getting towards the end of August by which time we should have played 5 league games.

I don’t know what rights of appeal Derby would have but, if an EFL went against us, I can’t imagine that would be the end of the matter.

Apologies for the delay in replying, I was gardening. 

I don’t disagree with anything in your post in fact I found myself nodding in agreement the more I read. My post was merely putting out there such a rule existed and my surprise on discovery.

The person who posted the original on OTIB neglected to add the very important bit about consultation with both clubs, and the others whose games would be impacted by such a move. I would hope any consultation with us would be met with a very brief response of two words, the second being “off”.

I do wonder though how to get out there that this vendetta against Morris by the EFL and Gibson is affecting a lot of innocent people, be it those concerned for future employment or the fans concerned where this is going to end, the EFL don’t appear to care about these people so long as Morris is taught a lesson and that’s not right with me.

By all means ban Morris and Pearce from working in football (when he’s sold up) for a pre determined period of time if they have to but why should people who have done no wrong suffer so Parry & Gibson can save face.

They are a disgrace to the game and the fact that Parry earns a very nice living out of it makes my blood boil.