Favourite UK cities

Bob Mash

With travel potentially on the horizon, in this country at least, what are your favourite UK cities? No particular order and feel free to include your own place of residence. For me:

Birmingham

Bristol 

Brighton 

Sheffield 

Nottingham (I'm aware that choice may upset some of you..) 

7 minutes ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Never been. Heard lots of great reports. On the list for me to go to.. 

I would never have dreamed of it I don't think had I not worked over there. 

Its obviously not as touristy as Dublin but I find it far more laid back and cheaper. Lots of Irish bars with live music, good restaurants, plus take in some of the countryside.

lots of interesting things to see relating to the troubles too.

1 hour ago, Bearwood Ram said:

With travel potentially on the horizon, in this country at least, what are your favourite UK cities? No particular order and feel free to include your own place of residence. For me:

Birmingham

Bristol 

Brighton 

Sheffield 

Nottingham (I'm aware that choice may upset some of you..) 

Having lived in Birmingham and Nottingham for s number of years can only say maybe familiarity breeds contempt as found both of them are poo holes.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Having lived in Birmingham and Nottingham for s number of years can only say maybe familiarity breeds contempt as found both of them are poo holes.

Each to their own. Love Brum. Lived in the area for nearly 30 years. Best UK city in my humble opinion. Grew up near Nottingham and also think it's an ace place. Different strokes etc ?

2 minutes ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Each to their own. Love Brum. Lived in the area for nearly 30 years. Best UK city in my humble opinion. Grew up near Nottingham and also think it's an ace place. Different strokes etc ?

Both cities depress me immensely. It was like a bit edgy living in Balsall Heath when you're a student but looking back it was an absolute cess pool. I lived in Selly Park after that which was slightly better. 

Nottingham is just horrid I can't think of any nice parts of the city that actually are within the city limits. Slab Square has got to be one of the biggest eyesores in the land. Only good thing that happened recently to the city was bulldozing Broadmarsh which was an absolute crap hole. Apart from that it's ok 

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Both cities depress me immensely. It was like a bit edgy living in Balsall Heath when you're a student but looking back it was an absolute cess pool. I lived in Selly Park after that which was slightly better. 

Nottingham is just horrid I can't think of any nice parts of the city that actually are within the city limits. Slab Square has got to be one of the biggest eyesores in the land. Only good thing that happened recently to the city was bulldozing Broadmarsh which was an absolute crap hole. Apart from that it's ok 

Fair enough. I've had totally different experiences of both places and stand by my opinions. Out of interest, where do you live now, if that's not too personal a question? 

8 minutes ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Fair enough. I've had totally different experiences of both places and stand by my opinions. Out of interest, where do you live now, if that's not too personal a question? 

Cambridge was one of the nicest places I've lived in but astronomically expensive.

I'm living near to West Bridgford atm. 

Liverpool, London and Nottingham

Liverpool great city and by the coast

London more to do with now having the majority of my mates there meaning it is always a very good weekend. Don’t think living there would be for me though 

Nottingham was a great place to go to uni, have moved out to the West Bridgford area now so not technically the city but will still count it. Having international cricket within walking distance is great although moving further out soon so will miss that