Acts of being completely unflustered.

i-Ram

3 minutes ago, Coneheadjohn said:

I remember an armed robbery at work when there were robbers at the front with shotguns,I was as trying to direct people out of the back fire doors and a bloke said to me he wasn’t leaving without his cooked chicken...legend!

Jerk. Him and the chicken. Not you.

Your idea of directing, was shouting ‘follow me’ was it?

5 minutes ago, Coneheadjohn said:

I remember an armed robbery at work when there were robbers at the front with shotguns,I was as trying to direct people out of the back fire doors and a bloke said to me he wasn’t leaving without his cooked chicken...legend!

Did you tell him to leave it as his goose was cooked?! ?

Recall a time we were all evacuated at work due to a bomb alert*  

Controlled panic as everyone exited the building (I was a fire warden so helping to direct people / check rooms in my fetching dayglo jacket), when I stopped a woman going back in.  On challenging her, she very calmly said she'd just got herself a coffee so was going to get it as it'd be cold when she got back and that she'd be out shortly. Err, no you won't. 

*ticking package turned out to be a pager posted by one of the admin centres. 

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Total nonchalance from this passer by. Just a run of the mill event in Dorset.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-57253965

To be fair, that is the only way to react in a situation like that, and exactly how I reacted, when that display of loo rolls fell in Morrisons!

Hang about, and you just know someone will lay the blame on you!   ?

6 hours ago, Coneheadjohn said:

I was staying away on business (can't remember if it was Glasgow or Edinburgh now, it was close to 30 years ago, but a Hilton I think when the fire alarm started around 1 am waking me up.

I rushed downstairs and just as I got to the lobby realised I had left a bag of herbs on my dressing table (purely for cooking soups and stews you understand) and the staff were going room to room to make sure everybody was out.

I turned and ran back upstairs going past people coming down. A staff member said it wasn't a drill and i needed to go down.

I did a quick calculation of the odds that the alarm was set off by a drunken colleague as opposed to being a real fire, versus losing my job and pushed my way past him and sprinted for my room.

I can't claim to have been unflustered though. I was on fluster overdrive.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

To be fair, that is the only way to react in a situation like that, and exactly how I reacted, when that display of loo rolls fell in Morrisons!

Hang about, and you just know someone will lay the blame on you!   ?

You are full of poo so the evidence does point your way. ?

9 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I was staying away on business (can't remember if it was Glasgow or Edinburgh now, it was close to 30 years ago, but a Hilton I think when the fire alarm started around 1 am waking me up.

I rushed downstairs and just as I got to the lobby realised I had left a bag of herbs on my dressing table (purely for cooking soups and stews you understand) and the staff were going room to room to make sure everybody was out.

I turned and ran back upstairs going past people coming down. A staff member said it wasn't a drill and i needed to go down.

I did a quick calculation of the odds that the alarm was set off by a drunken colleague as opposed to being a real fire, versus losing my job and pushed my way past him and sprinted for my room.

I can't claim to have been unflustered though. I was on fluster overdrive.

What was the soup like?