Alex Pritchard signed for Sunderland

BatRam

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We were linked with him in Jan and Rooney had wanted to get him.

This will be a sign of we can expect during the window.

Think Bristol city wanted him. And I think he’d rather go somewhere that ain’t about to go into administration ?

7 hours ago, TomSaint said:

Think Bristol city wanted him. And I think he’d rather go somewhere that ain’t about to go into administration ?

I was chatting to a mate the other day, we were talking about the 3 amigo days and just how badly we were financially.

But then we remembered we managed to sign players like Idiakez, Raziak, Reich, Bisgaard, Tommy Smith etc. Even in those dark days we managed to sign some good players and very nearly made it.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

He was very good at Brentford ( like many) but when he went to Norwich and Huddersfield town they simply couldn’t wait to get rid of him and his high wages so maybe his best days are well gone ( a bit like Ince possibly) 

Pritchard excels as a winger but has barely played there since Norwich, get him back out wide and I think there's still a player in there.

My biggest issues are left wing isn't a key area to strengthen unless we sell Tom and Joz, he didn't seem interested in coming in January and he's probably on the type of wages we're trying to get rid of.  

Until we know the situation with the owner, I can't imagine any player that wants a real wage, i.e. Pritchard, would be a realistic target. I believe he turned us down in January due to the uncertainty around the club and since then it's only accelerated to a much more outrageous level. 

He used to be a good player, always rated him, but hasn’t done a lot recently, depends if he has the hunger still, one thing that bothers me, where would he play? I presume attacking midfield, which is Lawrence’s best position and Sibley’s.

12 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I was chatting to a mate the other day, we were talking about the 3 amigo days and just how badly we were financially.

But then we remembered we managed to sign players like Idiakez, Raziak, Reich, Bisgaard, Tommy Smith etc. Even in those dark days we managed to sign some good players and very nearly made it.

More to do with scouting than ownership. 

30 minutes ago, Jram said:

Probably a no.. in my head he’s really good because I’ve seen him score once or twice but he’s clearly not given his apps and the fact Huddersfield are letting him go

You should be on the recruitment team with such a through and robust scout report, they usually only consider the first part.

3 hours ago, Jram said:

Probably a no.. in my head he’s really good because I’ve seen him score once or twice but he’s clearly not given his apps and the fact Huddersfield are letting him go

Many players are being let go because clubs can't afford to keep them. Clubs are skint.

3 hours ago, Taribo said:

You should be on the recruitment team with such a through and robust scout report, they usually only consider the first part.

6 months of research went into that post, approximately 5 months 30 days 23 hours and 59 minutes longer than our recruitment team