Alex Pritchard signed for Sunderland

BatRam

He was good for Brentford...7 years ago? If he’s still got it in his locker, and wages are not big I’m fine with it. But we’ve already got an attacker that we’ve taken a flier on in Ibe and we’re still waiting to see if he plays any part next season. Any players coming in need to be able to play and perform consistently, as well as help support you g players coming through (likely to be a high number)

7 hours ago, r4derby said:

He was good for Brentford...7 years ago? If he’s still got it in his locker, and wages are not big I’m fine with it. But we’ve already got an attacker that we’ve taken a flier on in Ibe and we’re still waiting to see if he plays any part next season. Any players coming in need to be able to play and perform consistently, as well as help support you g players coming through (likely to be a high number)

He’s been on huge wages at Norwich and Huddersfield and done nothing with both of them delighted to get rid of him - we have seen this before haven’t we 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

He’s been on huge wages at Norwich and Huddersfield and done nothing with both of them delighted to get rid of him - we have seen this before haven’t we 

Yep, which is why I think the deal would have to financially make sense for us. I think every deal will be like this for a while

I think any free agent expecting a high wage in the Champ will be in for a shock unless a club with parachute payments are interested. Look at someone like Huddlestone who is clearly a quality player at this level, rejected our offer and hasnt played for well over a year now.

With regards to Pritchard, he seems to be the sort of player who thrives in certain teams, maybe a bit like a Tom Ince, can be quality at one team but poor at another. Could we be a team he thrives at, who knows.

He is at the age of the sort of players we should be looking at although id prefer someone like Ince back over Pritchard. 

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Or maybe the papers think we want him more than we actually do? 

This is why I said 'if'. It could be Pritchard, it could be Gregory, it could be anyone. If we are in a position where we can't even compete with the likes of Sunderland and Ipswich for players then we have gone fully up poop creek and are about to be tackling some white water rapids without a paddle perched on top of a rotten log.

Pretty sure he could’ve left in jan. Huddersfield fans were practically begging for him to go and yet he stayed and hardly kicked a ball. Not sure we should be going after players that would rather sit on their bum for a few quid than play.