U23s vs Manchester United (H)

5 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

Ah, the old we're getting stuffed, blame the commentator routine. Get a grip.

Excuse Me What GIF by One Chicago

@angieram didn't blame the commentator for us losing. 

He was crap when it was 1-1, crap when we were winning 2-1, he was crap when we were losing. He has been crap in every game he has commentated on. He is just a crap commentator. If anything Angie was being polite about just how crap he is/was.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Meh. The commentary didn't bother me, the gap between the teams did. If we'd have been in the game second half then there'd be something to say about us.

To add some perspective...

Foster, Idem, McDonald, Ebosele, Minkley, Wassall, Cashin, JBrown, Archie, Dixon, Watson, Hutchinson, Shonibare, Wilson, JML, Trialist and Stretton were all unavailable for one reason or another tonight.

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Foster, Idem, McDonald, Ebosele, Minkley, Wassall, Cashin, JBrown, Archie, Dixon, Watson, Hutchinson, Shonibare, Wilson, JML, Trialist and Stretton were all unavailable for one reason or another tonight.

Thanks GOC. That's the sort of thing I would be expecting our commentator to mention during the game. And also all the bits about our new young scholars gaining their first experiences of football at this level.

As I said, no context.

20 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thanks GOC. That's the sort of thing I would be expecting our commentator to mention during the game. And also all the bits about our new young scholars gaining their first experiences of football at this level.

As I said, no context.

Hey don’t be so mean, at least we got commentary, u18’s don’t.

Id never heard of the new up and coming Manu players before, but thanks to him I now do.

He also said that one of our players, not sure who, was an ex Manu player too.

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yeah I do agree, it's just particularly in defence we looked a bit weak. 

I thought that Thompson played well again last night. 
Others had more skill but he kept his position, was competitive and made good decisions.

Whenever I watch the U23s it’s like I’m watching a five-a-side game. Great skills and freedom of passing but no defence and goals every ten minutes!

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Whenever I watch the U23s it’s like I’m watching a five-a-side game. Great skills and freedom of passing but no defence and goals every ten minutes!

Unlike the first team, no skills, no freedom of passing ,no defence, and no goals ?

17 hours ago, ramit said:

i hear ya, been a bad couple of weeks for me as well.  Think of it as God punishing you while giggling, it works for me, pees me right off

As an Athiest this dosen't help me at all.

17 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

for a different reason you can add Knight, Sibley, Bird and Buchanan to that