H?

Parsnip

8 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

The whole programme is ALL foreplay, no happy ending. People spend 5/6 episodes getting excited about what the explanation will be, only for it to roll over until the next season! 

Yep.

They need the owner of Bubbles to write the next season.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LoD long since passed the edge of plausibility - it's the homeopathy of crime dramas, being so diluted now that nothing of the original content remains. How this gets past the final edit is beyond me - just for a bit of self-flagellation I went back and watched the last half an hour. The reveal was like a Scooby Doo episode where they try to pretend the janitor we only saw for two seconds was the culprit - I half expected them to say 'and I would have got away with it if it hadn't been for you pesky kids'.

The spelling mistake, that comes up ten minutes from the end and then just gets dropped, the fact that a senior police officer has managed to hide the fact her Dad is a gangland criminal, the way they just turn about and completely forget about H as a concept after following it religiously for four series. Really, it's the sort of writing that would get shredded if a first time writer presented it. Please let there never be a series seven.

It's a fun watch, but it's really just a perpetual pot-boiler with the promise of answers - only for the final episode to leave you dangling. Already, people (ok, newspapers) are clamouring for another series, so I suppose the actors, scriptwriters etc will be grateful for that.

We binge-watched the last series yesterday and today. Enjoyable, but I can't really say that I would miss it if there wasn't anything else in the pipeline.

14 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

LoD long since passed the edge of plausibility - it's the homeopathy of crime dramas, being so diluted now that nothing of the original content remains. How this gets past the final edit is beyond me - just for a bit of self-flagellation I went back and watched the last half an hour. The reveal was like a Scooby Doo episode where they try to pretend the janitor we only saw for two seconds was the culprit - I half expected them to say 'and I would have got away with it if it hadn't been for you pesky kids'.

The spelling mistake, that comes up ten minutes from the end and then just gets dropped, the fact that a senior police officer has managed to hide the fact her Dad is a gangland criminal, the way they just turn about and completely forget about H as a concept after following it religiously for four series. Really, it's the sort of writing that would get shredded if a first time writer presented it. Please let there never be a series seven.

It's like Godfather 3. A real disappointment. I fell asleep during some episodes. 

So much hype and expectation after what came before only to appear like it had been written by someone who hadn't seen the previous five series. 

We re-watched series one with the brilliant Lennie James as Tony Gates. Breathtaking entertainment. 

I feel like one of the few who did like the ending. But I see the problem, you suspend belief and then they go for a realistic end, a comment on current society. We of all should be able to relate to someone promoted beyond their capabilities but kept in place as a tool.

On 04/05/2021 at 12:59, BondJovi said:

I feel like one of the few who did like the ending. But I see the problem, you suspend belief and then they go for a realistic end, a comment on current society. We of all should be able to relate to someone promoted beyond their capabilities but kept in place as a tool.

I see what you're saying, it fits perfectly. But I'm just not sure the writers would base the whole ending on Wayne Rooney. 

My biggest take away from the last episode was: if that’s the house you get when being in witness protection then, I’m in where do I sign up? 

12 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

My biggest take away from the last episode was: if that’s the house you get when being in witness protection then, I’m in where do I sign up? 

And how quickly do these people move in with lovers?

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

I’m not surprised she was single long to be honest........

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

The podcast suggested that you get to choose the house, the lover and the dog as part of the plea bargain. 

Also that the dog may be in witness protection having witnessed a terrible crime ?

18 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

We decided to watch them all again from the beginning of series 1.

They all look so young. Even Ian Buckells looks about 20.

Ryan Pilkington is just a small kid and Tommy Hunter is alive.

Wish we'd done this before series 6 started.

I did. I’ve got the world’s worst memory so I’d have struggled otherwise. It was great watching the whole way through but made the ending even more disappointing. And it still took me until half way through series 6 to realise Ryan was the kid from the first series!

I just binged all the series. 

Quite enjoyed it. 

Not sure about how plausible it is that they seem to have an ocg related case once every 2-3 years. Presumably interspersed with other work. 

Still, least it gives them a reason for forgetting bits and pieces plus retreading old ground. 

Carmichael is a believability dislikable character but even then there were hints of an epiphany moment towards the end. 

Archived