Chris wilder

Oldben

https://the72.co.uk/232166/rooneys-run-his-course-Derby-county-need-to-go-all-out-for-this-available-manager-next-season/

"Plenty of names are being banded around as who could come in to replace Rooney, but ex-Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder stands out above all other candidates.

The 53-year-old guided the Blades from League One to the Premier League in little under five years at the club. He garnered a surprising reputation as a manager who plays attractive and unique football, but at the same time disciplines his teams like a truly old school coach.

Whether the Rams be in League One or the Championship next season, Wilder could the perfect man and the perfect manager to come into Pride Park and instil some fight and passion into the players, and eventually get them back challenging at the top end of the second-tier."

Time to sack Rooney and bring in a manager with the experience to turn the club around.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Oldben said:

https://the72.co.uk/232166/rooneys-run-his-course-Derby-county-need-to-go-all-out-for-this-available-manager-next-season/

"Plenty of names are being banded around as who could come in to replace Rooney, but ex-Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder stands out above all other candidates.

The 53-year-old guided the Blades from League One to the Premier League in little under five years at the club. He garnered a surprising reputation as a manager who plays attractive and unique football, but at the same time disciplines his teams like a truly old school coach.

Whether the Rams be in League One or the Championship next season, Wilder could the perfect man and the perfect manager to come into Pride Park and instil some fight and passion into the players, and eventually get them back challenging at the top end of the second-tier."

Time to sack Rooney and bring in a manager with the experience to turn the club around.

He doesn't need us anywhere near as much as we need him

Strange there are people who believe anyone who spends 50 million on a football team is seeking managers of a calibre less than Chris wilder. 

I mean Steve Evans is coming unlikely to come any where near Derby, as I dont see the new owner wasting money on such a move.

Id say the new owner will be looking to spend a decent amount of money on a new manager.

If we are seeking a celebrity manager the club could look at John Terry but after Rooney I doubt that will be the route the new owner wants to take.

Also Rooney was only made manager in my opinion, because to Mel, he seemed like an asset in his attempt to sell the club.

Just now, Oldben said:

Strange there are people who believe anyone who spends 50 million on a football team is seeking managers of a calibre less than Chris wilder. 

I mean Steve Evans is coming unlikely to come any where near Derby, as I dont see the new owner wasting money on such a move.

Id say the new owner will be looking to spend a decent amount of money on a new manager.

If we are seeking a celebrity manager the club could look at John Terry but after Rooney I doubt that will be the route the new owner wants to take.

Also Rooney was only made manager in my opinion, because to Mel, he seemed like an asset in his attempt to sell the club.

If we get relegated, who's to say if we will even have a new owner?

Just now, Oldben said:

Unfortunately the fantasist has stated he wants to keep Rooney in his interviews.  Then again he also wants to spend 20 million on a player in League 1. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Unfortunately the fantasist has stated he wants to keep Rooney in his interviews.  Then again he also wants to spend 20 million on a player in League 1. 

He can keep him in his interviews. Just don't let him anywhere important like the training ground or dressing room.

10 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Why would he come here?

Also he’s not a celebrity so wouldn’t even make our shortlist!

Give it to Mark Wright of TOWIE/Crawley Town on a Player/Manager role. With a broadcasting deal for a documentary series showing his "journey into management". ?

28 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Why would he come here?

Also he’s not a celebrity so wouldn’t even make our shortlist!

Perhaps we'd have more chance of attracting Gene Wilder. I know he's dead, so he'd be cheap.

44 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I’d love to se him here. Not quite sure about the ‘demand’ for a huge pay off from Sheff Utd, ‘his’ club, that would have me a little wary if true, but certainly a style of football we’d be buzzing about!! Ifs buts and maybes,  re new ownership who certainly sounded like a Rooney fan. It’ll all come out in the wash. See what these last games have in store for us first! 

Archived