Chris wilder

Oldben

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thisisfutbol.com/2021/04/blogs/championship/Derby-county-ryan-conway-discusses-erik-alonso/amp/

"Conway was asked whether or not a potential relegation to League One would put a stop to the proposed takeover of the club by Alonso, to which he gave this response. (25.06) (26.00)

He said: “No, I don’t think he will because this club still has loads of potential. The stadium is fit for Premier League. The training ground is fit for the Premier League. They’ve got assets there in terms of you look at Rooney, I mean, whether you think he’s a good manager or a bad manager, I think we’ll find that out properly next season.

“Do I think Erik Alonso walks away? No, I still think as a businessperson, Derby County is a smart business investment at the right price.”

It was recently reported by The Telegraph that all the relevant paperwork has been signed, is legally binding and if the EFL approves the takeover, then Derby could potentially have their new owners in before the end of April."

So assuming alonso parts with 50 million does he want a disaster like Rooney running the club.

Next up does he want a nobody of a manager from league 1 running the club.

If he spends 50 million on Derby, is he concerned about spending a few million extra on a better quality manager to try and instantly promote the club if they are relegated.

Or is he going to say I'm OK with expensive to run Derby not doing very well in league 1.

Even if the club survives, Rooney hasn't successfully managed at championship level to the extent that I'd say the new owner is happy to trust Rooney to promote the club or reach the play offs next season

If the new owner pays a decent wage he should get a decent manager. Rooney is on what 90k per week?

With the players we have had available and the injuries to key players I can’t think of any manager who would have done well 

you win points by scoring goals and we have been lacking massively we started with no one basically and improved it slightly 

38 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

No, a dream but I would have said the same about Arthur Cox....

You'll have to apologise as the first manager I remember is Billy Davies...

Was Cox an unrealistic option at the time?

2 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Yes, there are a lot of similarities with now and how we were then back in the early 1980s, skint, nearly went out of business, relegated to the third tier and a very poor squad. Cox was building a reputation as a decent up and coming manager at Newcastle but fell out with the board there. We somehow nipped in and got him...the rest is history...

19 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes, there are a lot of similarities with now and how we were then back in the early 1980s, skint, nearly went out of business, relegated to the third tier and a very poor squad. Cox was building a reputation as a decent up and coming manager at Newcastle but fell out with the board there. We somehow nipped in and got him...the rest is history...

It was more than that - he'd just got Newcastle promoted yet chose to walk away and join us.....

22 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Cox has just led Newcastle to the top flight, while Derby were being relegated.

It would be like us appointing Farke now.

Archived