vs Brummies (H) - Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Waghorn was as disappointing as he's been all season. Sibley for me. TBH Watson for Bird too.

Coming off an injury and didnt have much to feed off. Id rather a more natural striker on than 4 wide players up there. Sibley didnt do much vs Blackburn when he started.

Starting Watson would be a big gamble

32 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But Preston had nothing to play for, we don’t look capable of beating anyone, we don’t look like scoring a goal...

I had no idea that it was so difficult to score a goal. To me the cause is pathetically slow build up so we always have too many players to beat.

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Coming off an injury and didnt have much to feed off. Id rather a more natural striker on than 4 wide players up there. Sibley didnt do much vs Blackburn when he started.

Starting Watson would be a big gamble

Yeah but he (did) moves the ball and himself at pace. We were so static, and did anyone, bar a bit of the time Roberts, run/attack with the ball?

Get Roos back, hasn't put a foot wrong all season. Marshall isn't as good as some thought.

Forsyth looks done, Buchanan in.

Baningime over Bird, I just don't see what he offers. 

Sibley in, at least he shows some intensity. Jozwiak too.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Waghorn was as disappointing as he's been all season. Sibley for me. TBH Watson for Bird too.

Lawrence and Sibley doesn't work as a CF partnership. Mostly cuase neither of them are CFs. Lawrence tends to be ineffective when playing central. To get the best out of him, we need to keep him on the left with the freedom to cut in.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Lawrence and Sibley doesn't work as a CF partnership. Mostly cause neither of them are CFs. Lawrence tends to be ineffective when playing central. To get the best out of him, we need to keep him on the left with the freedom to cut in.

It's a nightmare trying to make the jigsaw pieces fit, most are in the wrong box and lots of pieces are missing.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is that your opinion when posters disagree with your take on the club. Personal comments. Not much in the way of insight about the football.

If Rooney, the Manager of Derby County FC, is not responsible for his team’s performance, for the way they play and the results, who does take the responsibility? I am generally intrigued? We have won 1 game in 12. At what point would you start questioning the Manager?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If Rooney, the Manager of Derby County FC, is not responsible for his team’s performance, for the way they play and the results, who does take the responsibility? I am generally intrigued? We have won 1 game in 12. At what point would you start questioning the Manager?

Cocu did great with this squad too.

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

And he left by mutual agreement,  a lot of fans including you were calling for his head, when do you think it will be time up for Rooney?

You are missing the point. If Rooney goes he goes, that will not make this lot of players any good.

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

did you want us to keep Cocu? I think the last 12 games pretty much mirror the first 11 of this season results and performance wise 

That is the whole point Leeds Ram, he couldn’t wait for Cocu to go but has been such a big supporter of Wazza. That is why I continue to challenge him ?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

You are missing the point. If Rooney goes he goes, that will not make this lot of players any good.

No, you have been missing the point for months Roy Mac 5. I think at some point you should look back at your posts over the last couple of months, might be difficult reading and embarrassing at times, and then just be big enough to say you just got it wrong. Continuing to maintain a position that is totally flawed can’t be helping you much me thinks ?