Steve Davies

cannable

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Very talented footballer, but sadly made of glass. Where have we heard that before? Was an interesting piece. I hadn't realized the injury was quite so bad. Brave to carry on playing. Kudos to physio Neil Sullivan on the day.

Ha, I did start putting a ‘ruined by injuries’ Derby XI together in my head. So far I have; Martin Taylor, Miles Addison, Dean Yeats, Giles Barnes, George Thorne and Steve Davies. 

2 minutes ago, cannable said:

Ha, I did start putting a ‘ruined by injuries’ Derby XI together in my head. So far I have; Martin Taylor, Miles Addison, Dean Yeats, Giles Barnes, George Thorne and Steve Davies. 

Would have to be managed by Brian Clough.

You can add in Sean Barker, Branko Strupar and, probably, Lee Morris.

I'm going to add in there - being very gracious - Gary Teale. He had a really bad injury before he came to us and it did seem to be the deep rooted psychological reason why he ran a mile in the other direction when a bit of defending was called for.

I can think of a defender, as well, if injuries includes playing without your orthapaedic insoles.

5 hours ago, cannable said:

Strupar.  Was tempted to include Lee Morris but don't really know if he was that good.  Remember we has Mo Konjic here as well for two years who never seemed to play.

He was a good player Steve Davies and at times very good.  But I seem to remember that he left in slightly odd circumstances - something about personal reasons that never got fully explained (and which isn't covered in the article).  Maybe he just needed a fresh start after all the injuries

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Honestly don’t even remember this happening. Seem to remember 11 year old me having Steve Davies as my favourite player though. Maybe I blanked what happened out my memory ?

Haha I have no memory of it happening either.

I remember him bagging that penalty at the City Ground in my first ever Forest away game though.

On 05/04/2021 at 11:03, ilkleyram said:

He was a good player Steve Davies and at times very good.  But I seem to remember that he left in slightly odd circumstances - something about personal reasons that never got fully explained (and which isn't covered in the article).  Maybe he just needed a fresh start after all the injuries

Started up the Derby retirement home down at Bristol City, didn't he?

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I’ve always felt sportstars switching sports is a recipe for disaster. Didn’t work for Micheal Jordan, it was never going to work for Steve Davies. 

Sorry, I don't know what you're talking about. You've left me snookered!

Archived