Your England 23 man squad for the Euros

Day

Let's see what your England squad would look like going into the Euros.

Pickford, Pope, Henderson, Shaw, Chillwell, Saka, Alexander-Arnold, James, Maguire, Stones, Tomori, Mount, Foden, Rice, Henderson, Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Lingard, Kane, Calvert-Lewin, Watkins, Greenwood

No Grealish? That's right. I'm sorry but until he starts pulling his socks up and stops wearing 5 year olds shin pads I just can't. 

Pickford, Pope, Henderson, Shaw, Chilwell, Saka, Alexander-Arnold, James, Maguire, Stones, Coady, Mount, Foden, Rice, Phillips, Sterling, Grealish, Rashford, Lingard, Kane, Calvert-Lewin, Watkins, Ings.

For whatever reason, Southgate seems to like playing two defensive midfield players, even though we have some of the best attacking midfield players in the world.

So Phillips will be in. Ings and Grealish if fit have to be in the squad. Grealish should start. Grealish, Sterling and Kane would terrorise any defence.

Mount, Foden and Rice may not be the best defensive combination but would feed the front three the service they would thrive off.

Main worry is the keeper. We seem to have a bunch that goes to pieces under pressure.

I think Saka at right back might also be a revelation. 

Let’s make other countries worry about us for a change rather than trying to counteract them.

Pickford, Pope, Shaw, Chillwell, Saka, Alexander-Arnold, James, Maguire, Walker, Stones,Coady, Mount, Foden, Rice, Henderson, Grelish,Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Maddison, Kane, Calvert-Lewin, Watkins 

(Id only take 2 GKs) 

Starting 11

GK Pickford

RB TAA

CB Maguire 

CB Stones 

LB Chillwell

DM Rice 

AMC Mount 

AMR Foden

AML Grelish

FW Sterling 

CF Kane 

9 hours ago, David said:

Let's see what your England squad would look like going into the Euros.

Pickford, Pope, Henderson, Shaw, Chillwell, Saka, Alexander-Arnold, James, Maguire, Stones, Tomori, Mount, Foden, Rice, Henderson, Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Lingard, Kane, Calvert-Lewin, Watkins, Greenwood

No Grealish? That's right. I'm sorry but until he starts pulling his socks up and stops wearing 5 year olds shin pads I just can't. 

Swap Lingard and Greenwood for Grealish and Ings. 50/50 over Tomori and Coady. 

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

Swap Lingard and Greenwood for Grealish and Ings. 50/50 over Tomori and Coady. 

Tomori is a pipe dream to be honest, no chance he will go, we do have a lack centre back depth to call upon though whilst plenty of full back options.

Problem with our academy as well, we can produce the full backs, but who was the last centre back to come through?

I'd only pick those who are playing regularly - the likes of Dean Henderson miss out.

Pickford, Johnson, Pope
James, Alexander-Arnold, Chillwell, Shaw, Stones, Maguire, Keane, Tomori
Rice, Henderson, Mount, Foden, Maddison, Ward-Prowse
Grealish, Sterling, Sancho, Rashford
Kane, Watkins

Pope Henderson

Chilwell Shaw Stones Maguire Random in form Centre Half Walker Trippier Alexander-Arnold

Henderson Rice

Mount Grealish Foden Maddison

Rashford Sancho Sterling Greenwood

Kane Calvert-Lewin Ings

Play 4-3-3 and forget defending because we can't do it, so may as well play attacking football.

Pope

Alexander-Arnold Stones Maguire Chilwell

Grealish Henderson Mount/Foden

Sterling Kane Rashford

Pickford

James Maguire Mings Shaw

Rice

Maddison    Mount

Sterling                       Grealish

Kane

Pope/Henderson

Trippier  Walker Stones Chilwell

Kalvin-Phillips Henderson 

Sancho       Foden        Rashford

Calvert-Lewin

9 hours ago, David said:

Tomori is a pipe dream to be honest, no chance he will go, we do have a lack centre back depth to call upon though whilst plenty of full back options.

Problem with our academy as well, we can produce the full backs, but who was the last centre back to come through?

CBs generally develop later in their career, good young CBS are few and far between. It's not just this country, whereas players in the wider areas develop and play much more football at a younger age.

I don't really follow Premier League football enough to give a full squad. My observations are:

Grealish has to play. Sterling has to play.

Walker is always an accident waiting to happen. Watching him the other night, with England needing to win and leading by one goal in injury time, he rushed to take a mad throw to his goalkeeper to put us under pressure and almost concede he equalizer. Time and time again he does mad things. Shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.

If Vardy can be persuaded out of retirement he has to play. This is professional sport and winning supersedes everything. 

Mount has really been impressing me. Having seen Lingard as by far the worst player in a Derby team in his day I have always had my doubts. I would not take him. Lightweight, random and inconsequential.

We seem weak in goal. Great to see Shaw having a resurgence at left back. Him and Chilwell are very good options. I have been thrilled to see Stones resurgence this season, and am hopeful he has got his mistake out of the way.

I think Barnes and Maddison should be in the squad. Don't see the point of the Leeds midfielder who's recently come in *can't remember his name). 

We have a strong chance.