Your England 23 man squad for the Euros

David

slightly off tangeant...but i have always wondered if people would accept a GB football team which should give the country a better chance of winning some titles, rather than sticking to the 4 nations.

it's happened at the London olympics for the ladies team i seem to recall.

Giggsy on the left, Becks on the right, that would have helped surely.

6 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

but i have always wondered if people would accept a GB football team which should give the country a better chance of winning some titles, rather than sticking to the 4 nations.

There a quite a few reasons why that's a non starter! ?

10 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

slightly off tangeant...but i have always wondered if people would accept a GB football team which should give the country a better chance of winning some titles, rather than sticking to the 4 nations.

Happened in the 2012 Olympics for the blokes as well. 

Strange really that fifa/uefa don't stick to recognised nation states for football. Apart from the UK, we've also got Gibraltar and Faroe Islands in the WC qualifiers. They aren't countries ffs!! 

36 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Strange really that fifa/uefa don't stick to recognised nation states for football. Apart from the UK, we've also got Gibraltar and Faroe Islands in the WC qualifiers. They aren't countries ffs!! 

Why are you complaining? You (with a British passport) only have to live in Gibraltar for 2 years before being eligible to play for their national team.

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Why are you complaining? You (with a British passport) only have to live in Gibraltar for 2 years before being eligible to play for their national team.

They aren't a nation, so by definition cannot have a national team. But now the precedent is set, plenty of scope for further uefa expansion... Corsica, the Canary Islands..... 

... Imagine the fun of an away leg in somewhere like ibiza... ?

7 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Forgot about the blokes. My understanding is that fifa lets you as a recognition of the motherland of the (sometimes) beautiful game. Same applies to that special committee that makes up the rules England is a permanent member.

7 hours ago, Beetroot said:

There a quite a few reasons why that's a non starter! ?

Really ? Think Catalunia and Spain, they even have a different language and arent exactly keen on each other. The Spanish team who won the WC and Euros had a few decent Catalan players, Xavi, Mr  Shakira and the little genius Iniestaaaaaaaa

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Really ? Think Catalunia and Spain, they even have a different language and arent exactly keen on each other. The Spanish team who won the WC and Euros had a few decent Catalan players, Xavi, Mr  Shakira and the little genius Iniestaaaaaaaa

How's it going to work? ? 22 English players and Bale? Are we telling every young Welsh, Northern Irish and Scottish player that they now have no chance of playing international football ever?

Or a set amount of players from each nation? So Tom Lawrence gets in ahead of Calvert-Lewin? 

Nobody wants that.

1 hour ago, Beetroot said:

How's it going to work? ? 22 English players and Bale? Are we telling every young Welsh, Northern Irish and Scottish player that they now have no chance of playing international football ever?

Or a set amount of players from each nation? So Tom Lawrence gets in ahead of Calvert-Lewin? 

Nobody wants that.

McTominay and McGinn have a chance of getting in at CM, Robertson LB, Tierney at CB or LB. Evans probably would have had a handful of caps when we were struggling at CB

On 01/04/2021 at 00:33, David said:

Pope, Pickford, Henderson,

Alexander-Arnold, Walker, Shaw, Chillwell, Saka

Maguire, Stones, Dier

Mount, Foden, Rice, Henderson

Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Grealish, Lingard

Kane, Calvert-Lewin, Ings

God help us with those centre halves and keepers, May as well try and outscore them. 

XI

Pope

Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw

Henderson

Mount Foden

Grealish

Sterling, Kane

10 hours ago, Beetroot said:

Nobody wants that.

How does it work for the other 170ish countries in the world member of FiFA ? 

22 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Just out of interest who would you take from Scotland, Wales and N Ireland if we was creating a squad?

26 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

Which other countries? No other countries have scottish, welsh and irish people do they?

THE ducking IRISH ARE EVERYWHERE!!!

I also know why they are not that good in football. Whenever they have a corner, they rather establish a pub than try to score.

Edited by Dimmu

19 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

Which other countries? No other countries have scottish, welsh and irish people do they?

Lets go back to basics, what is the nationality of welsh, Scottish and northern Ireland players. At the olympics, sportsmen and women, what is the flag they follow?

For all i care (as Johnny foreigner) There could even be a Devon and Cornwall team, i just think when it comes to winning trophies, it might help. You dont see it that way and i am sure the same for vast majority of fans, that's fair enough. for the record England, are probably short of a decent keeper and centre half to get there at the Euros. I can't think of any Alan Hansen and Pat Jennings to help either.