Rotherham 25 covid cases

alexxxxx

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it that Rotherham specifically can't control this? Everyone else is managing to contain it, or at least make the relevant changes to contain it when an outbreak has happened. 

If they can't fulfil their fixtures because they are unwilling or unable to control their interactions in a pandemic then at what point do the EFL decide that's simply Rotherham's fault?

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Why is it that Rotherham specifically can't control this? Everyone else is managing to contain it, or at least make the relevant changes to contain it when an outbreak has happened. 

If they can't fulfil their fixtures because they are unwilling or unable to control their interactions in a pandemic then at what point do the EFL decide that's simply Rotherham's fault?

keep up, it will always be Derby's fault

Not sure I would blame the club itself, you watch any match, goal scored and they are hugging each other, I mean we even do the huddle before kick off. We see all the masks and sitting apart in the stadium for show, but I bet that's all it is, for show.

I would imagine this is one or more of their players maybe not taking it so seriously outside of work, been unlucky to catch it and then letting it spread through the squad. Let's not forget you can be asymptomatic and completely oblivious.

Let's also be honest, they won't be the only players either, you only have to look at the fresh trims on show to know there is some "celebrity" hairdresser still going about their business. 

4 minutes ago, David said:

Not sure I would blame the club itself, you watch any match, goal scored and they are hugging each other, I mean we even do the huddle before kick off. We see all the masks and sitting apart in the stadium for show, but I bet that's all it is, for show.

I would imagine this is one or more of their players maybe not taking it so seriously outside of work, been unlucky to catch it and then letting it spread through the squad. Let's not forget you can be asymptomatic and completely oblivious.

Let's also be honest, they won't be the only players either, you only have to look at the fresh trims on show to know there is some "celebrity" hairdresser still going about their business. 

The club is ultimately responsible for the conduct of it's players and staff though isn't it? I'd say the same if it was us, Forest, Norwich or whoever.

Every club needs to be making sure they are doing everything they can. Perhaps everyone else is getting lucky, but Rotherham are currently the club that is being disrupted the most and by extension causing the most disruption to the league.

26 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The club is ultimately responsible for the conduct of it's players and staff though isn't it? I'd say the same if it was us, Forest, Norwich or whoever.

Every club needs to be making sure they are doing everything they can. Perhaps everyone else is getting lucky, but Rotherham are currently the club that is being disrupted the most and by extension causing the most disruption to the league.

Would you say your employer is responsible for your conduct outside of work? 

Footballer/club is still a employer and employee situation.

At the club of course they would be responsible for the well-being of the players and have protocols in protection, but they can only go so far given the nature of the job, close contact in some situations is unavoidable.

5 minutes ago, David said:

Would you say your employer is responsible for your conduct outside of work? 

Footballer/club is still a employer and employee situation.

At the club of course they would be responsible for the well-being of the players and have protocols in protection, but they can only go so far given the nature of the job, close contact in some situations is unavoidable.

71 employers returned no positive tests. 1 employer returned 25. What are those 71 doing that the other is not? It's the third outbreak for them. What changes did they make after the first, then the second? How effective are their measures? Their staff training? Their discipline procedures? etc etc. The employer has plenty of questions to answer.

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

71 employers returned no positive tests. 1 employer returned 25. What are those 71 doing that the other is not? It's the third outbreak for them. What changes did they make after the first, then the second? How effective are their measures? Their staff training? Their discipline procedures? etc etc. The employer has plenty of questions to answer.

Impossible to say if it was passed between players whilst at the club and not outside is the point I'm poorly trying to make.

Say 5 players, all mates go to a celebrity barber in the area, has the Rona, passes it to all 5, that then say gets passed on during a celebration. 

Just throwing examples out there where it may not be the clubs fault, we had our own outbreak, as have other clubs. Rotherham have had a couple now, so clearly something is going on, but this may be down to the players not the club itself.

This is getting ridiculous now. I mean 25 cases ffs! It’s blatantly clear that it’s spreading around their training ground somehow - there’s no way they can be following all the COVID protocols. This isn’t happening anywhere else. There needs to be some sort of punishment for them, the EFL can’t let this continue any longer.

6 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

When Gibson decides.

That was The FA that made us play the youngsters at Chorley Stive. This Rotherham/Covid business will under the jurisdiction of The EFL.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not defending them, I mean near neighbours Barnsley, Doncaster and the two Sheffield clubs seem to have it under control so they can’t use the excuse of a severe regional outbreak. I think they should be investigated as to how they appear to be so badly affected.

And I don’t buy into the 5 players going to the barbers type excuse either, have none of the players at the other 71 clubs slipped out for a haircut or tattoo? 

38 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

That was The FA that made us play the youngsters at Chorley Stive. This Rotherham/Covid business will under the jurisdiction of The EFL.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not defending them, I mean near neighbours Barnsley, Doncaster and the two Sheffield clubs seem to have it under control so they can’t use the excuse of a severe regional outbreak. I think they should be investigated as to how they appear to be so badly affected.

And I don’t buy into the 5 players going to the barbers type excuse either, have none of the players at the other 71 clubs slipped out for a haircut or tattoo? 

I don’t think the FA actually made us play though did they? Other games were cancelled that week due to Covid with no repercussions we just chose to play the kids.

I know it might come off as sour grapes as it’s against one of our main rivals (shakes head) but they’re literally running out of time to play fixtures now, If you can’t fulfil a fixture at this stage its a forfeit and that’s that. 

14 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I don’t think the FA actually made us play though did they? Other games were cancelled that week due to Covid with no repercussions we just chose to play the kids.

I know it might come off as sour grapes as it’s against one of our main rivals (shakes head) but they’re literally running out of time to play fixtures now, If you can’t fulfil a fixture at this stage its a forfeit and that’s that. 

I stand to be corrected QYJJ, I was under the impression The FA were unsympathetic to our situation but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility I’m typing Shiite there. Don’t disagree with your play or forfeit idea either. ?

Archived