Rotherham 25 covid cases

alexxxxx

15 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I don’t think the FA actually made us play though did they? Other games were cancelled that week due to Covid with no repercussions we just chose to play the kids.

I know it might come off as sour grapes as it’s against one of our main rivals (shakes head) but they’re literally running out of time to play fixtures now, If you can’t fulfil a fixture at this stage its a forfeit and that’s that. 

I thought that they did make us play. Wasn't it because we had sufficient players on full time contracts to be able to send a team out. We did however have fewer subs than permitted because we didn't have enough players to fill the bench.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

That was The FA that made us play the youngsters at Chorley Stive. This Rotherham/Covid business will under the jurisdiction of The EFL.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not defending them, I mean near neighbours Barnsley, Doncaster and the two Sheffield clubs seem to have it under control so they can’t use the excuse of a severe regional outbreak. I think they should be investigated as to how they appear to be so badly affected.

And I don’t buy into the 5 players going to the barbers type excuse either, have none of the players at the other 71 clubs slipped out for a haircut or tattoo? 

I've got it! Any team with a Covid outbreak has to play the next fixture using the XI we played against Chorley. 

Archived