v Brentford (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

There's no discernible shape Shinnie, Bird, Knight & Watson are set up in, everyone's really far apart in and out of possession.

We basically just look like we've thrown a load of players on the pitch in random places and left them to it.

we have.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Silko said:

4 wins ... that means scoring goals ... I’m in agreement who the hell is going to do that ... score a goal ever again 

I’m all for giving managers a chance but Rooneys inexperience is starting to show 

Quick question ... does Morris even attend anymore I’ve seen other owners at games but not seen him is he there today ?

He was at one not too long ago - can’t remember which. But I think if he has health problems that’s been documented maybe it’s why he does r come to many - or maybe he doesn’t bother cause we are so bad. Probably the latter. 

Brentford are playing the ball around their back 4 to deliberately draw us into a press. When we commit players into the press they are playing it long for their attackers to run on to. With their pace up front, it's a pretty good tactic as it stands. It's being compounded then by our midfield being slow to come back - even when our defenders get to the first ball, the Brentford midfield are in position and unchallenged for the 2nd ball.

It's a tactical master class.

Just now, hintonsboots said:

We’ve got the England and Man Utd leading goal scorer managing a team that can’t score a goal , How is this possible ?

It's almost as if a footballers ability as a player has absolutely no baring on their ability as a manager? 

Gregory on for Knight, Roberts for Joz and the tea lady or car park attendant for Bird.

Then I think what’s the point it won’t make a difference, they are a different level to us. Better ran club, better  management and coaching, better players. 

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

There's no discernible shape Shinnie, Bird, Knight & Watson are set up in, everyone's really far apart in and out of possession.

We basically just look like we've thrown a load of players on the pitch in random places and left them to it.

Hi @Coconut I value your opinion greatly. You were defending Rooney earlier. How do you feel now after -perfectly justifiable - comments like those?

What the actual duck was that? Duck me. These are supposed to be highly paid professional footballers. A team of 11 random blokes pulled off the street could do better than that. Utterly ducking pathetic. Just let them walk all over us. This lot should be glad the fans aren’t in the ground when they're showing this little fight and desire. I mean some of that passing ffs, should be docked wages for not being able to do even the very basics of football. Barely even trying to defend either - it’s like the players are just resigned to defeat. Ducking disgusting.

Have they lost faith in the manager? Awful team set up again, Watson on the wing and STILL no creativity in midfield. We’re not gonna score any goals until we stop the obsession with runners who can’t actually play football *cough* Knight *cough* Shinnie. Pretty sure 90% of this forum could have set the team up better tonight - it’s just incompetence at this point.

2 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

I know some on here think your opinion isn't relevant unless you have been watching us for over 50 years but I'm not too far off that and this is as bad as I have seen.

What an utterly depressing, shambolic mess we have become.

........the word “depressing” sums the situation up perfectly! ?

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Well it should be at least 3 and the other results are going our way, onwards and upwards and all that. Hoping for a shot in the second half but I am always half glass full....

I’m normally a glass 3/4 full guy but this shower of poo has made me down the rest in one it ain’t so much half empty anymore as who’s round is it next !!!!

Early first goal has done us in. Knight being ever the negative, Wisdom with ANOTHER crap pass,  Buchanan caught out of position (and has been poor all game) because he assumed his fellow defender could pass the ball forward and its a penno. 

Second goal is a ball to the centre circle a missed tackle by Wisdom and we are chasing shadows. Byrn shows the guy inside and Roos gets beat at his near post. Poor. 

Sick to death of our midfield not getting their heads up and looking for the forward pass. So busy going backwards and the Brentford forwards are nicking the ball back from our midfield because they know they will look back first and make that pass. 

Throw ins again!!! The worst Derby team I’ve seen from throw ins ever!! 

3 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

the first goal sums us up perfectly.

Great chance to counter attack, Knight running with ball. Gets to halfway line, stops, turns round passes back to defence. Defenders then give the ball away passing amongst themselves and then make a stupid foul to give away a pen.

What an absolute mess.

This is just a typical Cocu performance 

Archived