v Brentford (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Doesn't feel like that long ago that we were the team that played like Brentford. High line, playing other teams off the park, bossing possession. Bryson, Hughes, Hendrick, Martin...

...where did it all go wrong, me ducks? 

Zamora... ? 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Coconut said:

I get the impression Chris Wilder will be one of those who flops at every club that isn't Sheffield Utd.

Not saying I want him here (I am pretty ambivalent), but I think fans of Alfreton, Halifax, Oxford and Northampton may have something to say about that.

He has done well wherever he has been, albeit not at the same scale as at Sheff United. I think the culture he had for the majority of his time at that club was pretty unique but it is a culture he helped to foster

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

Honestly, what do these lot actually do in training?? 

we’re so bad it’s frightening 

Is there much training when they're playing sat - Tues - sat? With all the cool downs, warm ups etc. 

Perhaps we can have a game of adjective bingo later.......... Describe our performance.... Abject, pitiful, calamitous....... I'll think of a few more 

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

We should be grateful that Rotherham and Birmingham are in this division. They are the reason we will probably stay up.

Still think we have a decent chance of going down. The way we have been playing doesn't make me certain that we will be in the division next year. I really can't name many teams that play worse than we do. I am very very worried.

2 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I just laugh at the way we play now. It’s amateur at best. 

Reminds me as a kid when I played for quite a decent Sunday league team. You could look at the opposing team in the warm up and often tell that you were going to win 10-0. Sure our opponents look at Derby and feel the same way...

Just now, nottingram said:

Not saying I want him here (I am pretty ambivalent), but I think fans of Alfreton, Halifax, Oxford and Northampton may have something to say about that.

He has done well wherever he has been, albeit not at the same scale as at Sheff United. I think the culture he had for the majority of his time at that club was pretty unique but it is a culture he helped to foster

Yeah, he's done very well in the little leagues, but so has Nigel Clough.

Not something to be proud of, but that shows the brentford spirit. 

The tiniest of handball from wisdom and all brentford players wanting and screaming at the ref for a penalty.

If that was us, we'd be lucky to have colin raise his hand in disappointment 

Archived