Cardiff v Derby County match day thread init.

Boycie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I have no idea but I suspect young Jason Knight has more minutes on a professional football pitch for the first team than Ibe has in his career - ( expecting a statto to explore) 

Jordon ibe: 196 career appearances (120 of them in the prem)

Jason knight: 69 career appearances

Both numbers are first team games. Can’t be arsed to look up actual mins played!

Random fact, ibe had played in almost as many Europa league games as FA cup games!

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ibe - 10071

Knight- 5060

I knew you would be at it - young knight has half as many minutes in a season and and a half - that’s impressive for knight and a concern for Ibe I suspect 

27 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I knew you would be at it - young knight has half as many minutes in a season and and a half - that’s impressive for knight and a concern for Ibe I suspect 

The fact Rooney disclosed that JI was subject to disciplinary proceedings seemed a bad sign 

55 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The fact Rooney disclosed that JI was subject to disciplinary proceedings seemed a bad sign 

Maybe, but then he also revealed that Colin wasn’t in his first squad because he didn’t apply himself in training well enough. He’s now become one of key players. Since the disciplinary, Ibe has been seen working hard to get back to fitness. If he can get himself fit he could be a key addition, maybe not until next season...but then we only have about 4 players under contract then so he’s guaranteed a game!

Roos

Byrne  Edmundson  Clarke  Buchanan

Roberts     Bird       Shinnie      Knight

Gregory   CKR

Keep it simple, attack from the our right and defend their right. I'm not a biggest fan of playing Knight on the wing, but I think he needs to be sacrificed against them. On their right there's certain Harry Wilson who already has 9 assists to his name and we need to keep him quiet. For a comparison, our best has 2. 

Roos has played 3,5 games now, conceding just one goal. Therefore, it would be fair to give him a go now. Actually, his punching habit might be needed against Moore. Moore and their set pieces (especially Morrison) are the reason why those CB's need to start. I'm afraid this game is the one we are gonna miss Bielik badly....

Gregory looked sharp from the bench. Let him hurry the defence and force them to long balls rather than long passes.

22 hours ago, nottingram said:

We are lacking creativity from open play. Knight, Shinnie and Bird is a sluggish midfield that has a pretty defensive balance and the current wide players who are in favour are both runners. It has made us solid and hard to beat but I think at some point we have to forego some defensive stability to have more of a threat outside of corners. 

That said I don’t think Cardiff is the game for it

We definitely need more creativity. I have been hoping Joswiak could offer it but at the moment we just lack a bit of extra something. Watford- Will Hughes/ Sarr, Forest- Knockaert, Norwich-Buendia 

7 minutes ago, David said:

If we lose tonight, it’s because of the “init” in the topic title. Peasants should be banned from starting match threads.

Comrades, you once again see the arrogence of the ruling class!

All Roonilutionry posters should unite in defending the use of "Init" in place of "isn't it" or as the imperialist forum rulers would probably say "Is it not?"

to the barrackades!!!

14 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Roos

Gregory   CKR

Keep it simple, attack from the our right and defend their right. I'm not a biggest fan of playing Knight on the wing, but I think he needs to be sacrificed against them. On their right there's certain Harry Wilson who already has 9 assists to his name and we need to keep him quiet. For a comparison, our best has 2. 

Roos has played 3,5 games now, conceding just one goal. Therefore, it would be fair to give him a go now. Actually, his punching habit might be needed against Moore. Moore and their set pieces (especially Morrison) are the reason why those CB's need to start. I'm afraid this game is the one we are gonna miss Bielik badly....

Gregory looked sharp from the bench. Let him hurry the defence and force them to long balls rather than long passes.

Harry Wilson doesn't play on the right. He plays in the middle just behind their two strikers.

14 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Roos

Gregory   CKR

This is exactly the reason why we shouldn't play Roos. His biggest weakness is commanding the area and catching.

14 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Comrades, you once again see the arrogence of the ruling class!

All Roonilutionry posters should unite in defending the use of "Init" in place of "isn't it" or as the imperialist forum rulers would probably say "Is it not?"

to the barrackades!!!

Is Obama joining us?!?

50 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Harry Wilson doesn't play on the right. He plays in the middle just behind their two strikers.

He does play on the right. Just that he slightly more often plays down the middle.

AM - 13
RW - 12
CF - 2
Sub -3

Considering we've done well at crowding the middle out 9under Rooney), I imagine they'll opt to play him on the right where he has a better chance at creating space for himself vs Buchanan.

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

My bad. Seems like McCarthy changed his position. Maybe a debut for Bainingime? He should be good fit for man marking?

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

This is exactly the reason why we shouldn't play Roos. His biggest weakness is commanding the area and catching.

Lack of command of the area is his weakness for sure, but catching per se ain't when you play against someone like Moore. Actuallly, punching is way safer approach.

Marshall is not exactly great at commanding the area either so I don't really mind who plays in this one..But if I was a keeper who has conceded 1 goal in the latest 300 minutes or so, I'd be disappointed not to play.

43 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He does play on the right. Just that he slightly more often plays down the middle.

AM - 13
RW - 12
CF - 2
Sub -3

Considering we've done well at crowding the middle out 9under Rooney), I imagine they'll opt to play him on the right where he has a better chance at creating space for himself vs Buchanan.

Those stats not really relevant.

Since Mick McCarthy has been there he has played every game in the middle behind strikers. 

Archived