Cardiff v Derby County match day thread init.

Boycie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

See, I don’t buy into this free hit business Jimbo. Not looking for an argument or anything but the way I see it is because we couldn’t deal with the Rotherham’s, Wednesday’s and Forest’s and the like, we have to make games against the Cardiff’s and Barnsley’s count.

I quite like how Barnsley are going about their business actually, under the radar and all working hard for each other, they’re on the cusp of the play offs so that’ll be another tough ‘un.

That written, anybody that thinks along the same lines as you is fine by me, we’re all Rams aren’t we ?

Nor me. Ok so we lose and I won’t start panicking but this is an away game with a team that has something to prove.

A win would be brilliant but we need to be looking for a point as a minimum. 

Watched them this afternoon for my sins. They’re the same as us with a bit more height and slightly better attackers. 

It’ll be a tough match for sure and i think the first goal will be key. But there’s no reason we can’t get all 3 points never mind 1. 

I'd be looking at maybe resting a few players for this one with the weekend six pointer with Coventry straight after and give a start to Edmundson, Roberts and Sibley also maybe have Jordan Ibe on the bench see how he does for twenty mins he might have the missing quality in the final third we seem to be lacking.

6 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

I'd be looking at maybe resting a few players for this one with the weekend six pointer with Coventry straight after and give a start to Edmundson, Roberts and Sibley also maybe have Jordan Ibe on the bench see how he does for twenty mins he might have the missing quality in the final third we seem to be lacking.

Ibe isn’t anywhere near is he?

12 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Marshall (if not then idem)

bryne       Edmunson      Clarke      Buchanan 

Knight       Shinnie         Sibley

jozwiak                                             Roberts

The king

There's Norway Idem gets a start

We know exactly how McCarthy plays, so we know that this will be a very specific sort of test. With that in mind, and considering the poor performance the other night, I’d make a fair few changes here to play a team suited to the challenges we will face:

Roos

Macdonald Edmundson Clarke Forsyth

Bird Shinnie

Roberts Sibley Jozwiak

Kazim-Richards

Roos obviously in for the injured Marshall. Thought Byrne looked a bit jaded the other night and not up to his usual standards, he’s played a lot of football, so I’d give him a rest and let Macdonald have a go. Wisdom will not be at all suited to the aerial bombardment we will face, so I’d bring Edmundson in to try and cope with that. Thought Buchanan really struggled the other night against Knockheart, and we might need some more experience in here, so Forsyth returns. Both Waghorn and Jozwiak were poor and totally ineffective going forward yet again the other night, but we can only really drop one, so I’d bring Roberts in for Waghorn who I thought was the worst of the two, and I feel Jozwiak might at least give us some more energy. Finally I think Knight has been poor for a while now, lacking any sort of quality in the final third and just generally not influencing games. Time for Sibley to get his chance ahead of him, to try and add some spark to the team.

Roos 
Byrne Edmondson Clarke Buchanan

Baningme 

Bird              Shinnie

Sibley

Gregory          CKR

possibly too narrow if the fullbacks play like they did against forest, but these are the players I want to see. Jozwiak and Knight need a rest imo (were poor v forest, but should be back in team soon), Sibley and Baningme I want to see have a start. Edmondson has earnt one too although it’s harsh on Wiz.

17 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

We know exactly how McCarthy plays, so we know that this will be a very specific sort of test. With that in mind, and considering the poor performance the other night, I’d make a fair few changes here to play a team suited to the challenges we will face:

Roos

Macdonald Edmundson Clarke Forsyth

Bird Shinnie

Roberts Sibley Jozwiak

Kazim-Richards

Roos obviously in for the injured Marshall. Thought Byrne looked a bit jaded the other night and not up to his usual standards, he’s played a lot of football, so I’d give him a rest and let Macdonald have a go. Wisdom will not be at all suited to the aerial bombardment we will face, so I’d bring Edmundson in to try and cope with that. Thought Buchanan really struggled the other night against Knockheart, and we might need some more experience in here, so Forsyth returns. Both Waghorn and Jozwiak were poor and totally ineffective going forward yet again the other night, but we can only really drop one, so I’d bring Roberts in for Waghorn who I thought was the worst of the two, and I feel Jozwiak might at least give us some more energy. Finally I think Knight has been poor for a while now, lacking any sort of quality in the final third and just generally not influencing games. Time for Sibley to get his chance ahead of him, to try and add some spark to the team.

That'd be my line up apart from probably pushing Wisdom RB in place of Byrne, so we have an experienced & very tall back 4 to combat their hoofball.

Agree with the 3 in behind Kazim but I'd shuffle them. Firstly, believe Jozwiak looks better on the right so would give him a go there & Sibley has looked good on the left (most notably v Birmingham) where he gets a bit more space than he would at number 10. Roberts always looks to cut inside, has a bit of creativity in him & seems less bothered by traffic...I'd play him number 10.

Totally agree re Knight, he's offered very little going forward recently & if we play him, Bird & Shinnie, we'll end up sitting very deep. We need Shinnie to do the dirty work & Bird to get the ball into a front 4 that is capable of causing some damage.

Archived