Wazza ?

De22Ram

3 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

The idea behind not celebrating is probably to signal to the players that he's not satisfied with just a goal and wants the team to remain focused. 

he admitted at half time against Huddersfield that he got the tactics wrong and he didn't say that last night which may mean he thinks the players didn't perform, or maybe he just said that after Huddersfield because they went on to win.

Either way, I think they've been tinkering with the team too much recently  

Exactly this.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/03/2021 at 10:59, TINMANTED said:

i am hoping this gradual slide back to cocuball over the last 5 games is down to rosenior having a bigger influence on rooney than mac,if it is it can be irradicated,if not,we have a serious problem

Why would you hope that ? Do you have a problem with Rosenoir and if so based on any facts ? 

I don't have the answer but Rooney needs to start finding the answer himself now.

He's been pitched in as a rookie manager but this is the time when he needs to show whether he has the nous, tactical acumen or sheer force of will to start turning this round. 

18 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't have the answer but Rooney needs to start finding the answer himself now.

He's been pitched in as a rookie manager but this is the time when he needs to show whether he has the nous, tactical acumen or sheer force of will to start turning this round. 

I think keeping the Rams up will be quite an achievement from what he took on, where we were and with this squad. We are not very good.

On 04/03/2021 at 17:43, Reggie Greenwood said:

Why would you hope that ? Do you have a problem with Rosenoir and if so based on any facts ? 

I share the same concern.

Maybe it’s giving Rooney the benefit of the doubt, but its based on:

Firstly, rooney saying that he leaves the coaching / tactical side to the coaches. I think he listens to the analysis and the tactical proposals and basically goes with Rosenior’s ideas. Maybe a few tweaks. And with a significant upturn in results it seemed to be working. But it’s short term success at the cost of losing our own shape and pattern.

secondly, Rosenior becoming more high profile again recently and doing the interviews. I think whenever an explanation has been called for, he has explained the tactical set up and made a great virtue of setting up to win whichever way we need to. Buts it’s too much. Too much tinkering. We all thought Cocu was the tinker-man, but Rosenior is the common denominator. 

thirdly, the mess we saw at Cardiff was reminiscent of the mess we became at Middlesbrough when Rosenior was passing notes on the pitch to be handed to Rooney, and we made ridiculous substitutions, ending up with Bird in a back three. 

They are both to blame because ultimately they are both responsible, but this seems to be where all the tactical jiggery-pokery is coming from.

On 07/03/2021 at 10:30, RamNut said:

I share the same concern.

Maybe it’s giving Rooney the benefit of the doubt, but its based on:

Firstly, rooney saying that he leaves the coaching / tactical side to the coaches. I think he listens to the analysis and the tactical proposals and basically goes with Rosenior’s ideas. Maybe a few tweaks. And with a significant upturn in results it seemed to be working. But it’s short term success at the cost of losing our own shape and pattern.

secondly, Rosenior becoming more high profile again recently and doing the interviews. I think whenever an explanation has been called for, he has explained the tactical set up and made a great virtue of setting up to win whichever way we need to. Buts it’s too much. Too much tinkering. We all thought Cocu was the tinker-man, but Rosenior is the common denominator. 

thirdly, the mess we saw at Cardiff was reminiscent of the mess we became at Middlesbrough when Rosenior was passing notes on the pitch to be handed to Rooney, and we made ridiculous substitutions, ending up with Bird in a back three. 

They are both to blame because ultimately they are both responsible, but this seems to be where all the tactical jiggery-pokery is coming from.

@RamNut I share your disdain for "tactical jiggery-pokery", including changing formations, over-thinking, football-tactical boards, and especially passing notes onto the field - as if football is a form of actual-live-chess that requires pieces moving about a board in order to put the opposition goalie into "check-mate".

I think you may be onto something BUT Wazza's first direction when it took over was to simply things. It was obvious to any average on-looker the players under Cocu were confused about what was required...football is a very simple game so don't make it into 4-d chess! So I doubt Wazza will countenance LR and his latest Phd thesis on how to take a throw-in...V Red Dogs the players were ragged because they were knackered, V Cardiff there were 6 changes, and V Coventry they were just "below par". 

Variation in performance levels happens - all teams are prone to it. Consistency is hard to achieve. It's the factor x. We all have our views as to what changes are required and right now we need more creativity from midfield and players need to be reminded about effort levels and backing themselves more. We did see a bit of a regression to the mean, and a return to awful sideways and backwards passing so perhaps Wazza needs to remind them of the simple key messages:

1. Keep the ball

2. Move it at pace to a team-mate

3. Move it forwards

4. When we don't have the ball, get back into shape quickly

18 hours ago, Ellafella said:

@RamNut I share your disdain for "tactical jiggery-pokery", including changing formations, over-thinking, football-tactical boards, and especially passing notes onto the field - as if football is a form of actual-live-chess that requires pieces moving about a board in order to put the opposition goalie into "check-mate".

Pep Guardiola once said that's how he sees a football pitch.

Rooney needs to re-ignite the sprite,passion and fight he had instilled in the team just a few weeks ago.

We were then hard to break down, determined not to be beaten and far more clinical in front of goal when we presented with chances. 

If we get those attributes back we'll see a turn around in fortunes and any worries of slipping back down the league table will soon be dispelled.

I found his post match comments a little concerning. That bull-ish confidence and humour that has surprised me was gone and the 'eerrmmm'-ing and unconvincing mannerisms returning.

He also felt we were unlucky and blamed the forwards for not being desperate to get on the end of things... which totally misses the point the midfield is selected knowing they won't create or get beyond the forwards at any moment. 

37 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I found his post match comments a little concerning. That bull-ish confidence and humour that has surprised me was gone and the 'eerrmmm'-ing and unconvincing mannerisms returning.

He also felt we were unlucky and blamed the forwards for not being desperate to get on the end of things... which totally misses the point the midfield is selected knowing they won't create or get beyond the forwards at any moment. 

I would not expect any humour just having lost a game!!

He is 100% correct in that the forwards showed no hunger to get themselves into places where they could score. I can think of four good chances where we didn’t even work the keeper. We played with wide men and with wing backs who on several occasions were looking for targets in the area but they wouldn’t show. Kazim showed his usual great control but 25 metres outside the area, I can’t comment on Waghorn because I don’t know where he was half the time, certainly wasn’t having an effect on the game. 

13 minutes ago, bcnram said:

I would not expect any humour just having lost a game!!

He is 100% correct in that the forwards showed no hunger to get themselves into places where they could score. I can think of four good chances where we didn’t even work the keeper. We played with wide men and with wing backs who on several occasions were looking for targets in the area but they wouldn’t show. Kazim showed his usual great control but 25 metres outside the area, I can’t comment on Waghorn because I don’t know where he was half the time, certainly wasn’t having an effect on the game. 

Yep, I would say WR was bang on with his comments on the desire to score. 

We wander into the box and rarely make a challenge. 

The forwards' jobs are to find space not stand behind defenders. 

They become invisible to the player with the ball. 

Archived