Rams v Red Dogs (Notts Forest) Match day Thread.

Boycie

5 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

I've wasted time trying to work out what Notts first fans are upset about!

It's 99 percent pendantry. They just get upset because they think it's incorrect.

However, I found one post, that said that Notts Forest were called Notts Forest for years. But that Brian Clough didn't like it, and supporters have followed his lead ever since.  

Anyway ... a few bonus Brian Clough quotations:

‘Players lose you games – not tactics. There’s so much crap talked about tactics by people who couldn’t win a game of dominoes.’

‘A team with only an OK goalkeeper is always looking over its shoulder.’

‘Resigning at Derby was a piss-poor decision on my part – in fact it’s the worst I’ve ever made.’

Saw that interview he did re Storey- Moore where he's adamant he doesn't care what Notts Forest think.  He certainly wasn't bothered then .

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Couldn't disagree more. Bird was one of the very few constantly trying to make space for himself. However, Hughton is a clever manager and set them up to close down those angles to stop the ball getting to Bird. For every 2 yards Bird had to move to get into space, a Forest man only had to move 1 yard to prevent the pass.

He was, but not very effective at it, often leaving Wisdom and Clarke with no outlet. He will learn and get better at it. The point being, Beilik would have found that space and we could have played it out the back easier.

Someone said it well on here. Beilik is the difference between top 6 and mid table. We needed him tonight, to find that space and break the press.

Just now, Shaftesbury Street said:

He was, but not very effective at it, often leaving Wisdom and Clarke with no outlet. He will learn and get better at it. The point being, Beilik would have found that space and we could have played it out the back easier.

Someone said it well on here. Beilik is the difference between top 6 and mid table. We needed him tonight, to find that space and break the press.

Bielik was sometimes marked out of games too...

He would have helped break up play earlier and provided more from set-pieces at both ends.

16 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Due to the stupid rules about shopping, I dropped the missus off at Sainsburys and went for a walk on my own. Walked past the Ossie Park (carpet shop ffs ?), walked down Elton Road past Rolls Royce, smiled at the street art on the wall by the shops, the Ram and Brian Clough image looks grand. Went for a stroll over the railway bridge and was transported back into the late 70's.

Great memories.

The sun was out today and I contemplated walking down Elton Road past Rolls Royce to see the street art on the wall also, but then realised it would take me about 3 weeks to walk it!

Come on son, take some photos of this street art and post them on here, so we can all enjoy them!

5 hours ago, LincsRam said:

I dont knwo where to start with last nights game, maybe the positives first... what a goal from CKR, out of nowhere and we get our point, over the moon with that. Some other observations;

Why were we doing cocu-ball again with the defence playing side ways to each other for most of the match? it was awful and completely destroyed any tempo, I do understand though you have to have someone to pass too, so many times when the pass did go forward the midfielders looked to pass back again.

Our midfield was an issue last night, no attacking drive in them, of course we had some good moments but we didn't match up thats for sure. Notts got it right somehow with pressing back Byrne & Buchanan resulting in them having no space to run into, was that because of the wingers not getting close enough to link up? Knight has a lot of energy but too many times his control ends up with the ball going back to the opposition. Its important to point out that we seem to play much better against top of the table teams who don't park the bus and want to play.

We had the better chances, Knights open goal where he couldn't sort his feet out, the penalty claim, Gregory's chance, CKR deflected shot. I think they had two real chances, one which sibley blocked & another which we kicked out nearly on the goal line, I don't count the goal as real chance as Marshall fluffed it up and the one Roos spilled should have been collected first time, the goalie made those chances not the opposition.

Jozwiak and Waghorn did nothing last night, Joz at least tried, waggy has zero pace and cement boots. I see some on here wishing for Lawrence, the same Lawrence who is bone idle and turns up at best in 1 match in 5?? I just think we need to sort out our wingers in the close season and have at least one creative midfielder.

I watched it with my father who is a neutral, he asked me if I watch this crap every week ? how little he knows LOL Overall a poor viewing spectacle but I will take the point and I am still buzzing about the goal!

COYR

Dont know which Tom Lawrence you have been watching but bone idle he isnt

8 hours ago, Needlesh said:

I'm going to forget the Knight miss, the penalty we should have had, the comedy goal we conceded, the drop in standards thereafter, the fact we looked awful for stretches of the second half and remember instead the bullet from CKR. Lovely jubbly. Next.

One thing about last night’s game and quite a few others now is that it should make a few people re evaluate the silly transfer fees that were being touted as a possibility in selling Jason Knight.I love his energy and commitment but they should be a given.I’m struggling to see what else he brings to the team. Amalgamate him and Lawrence and you’d have some player though ! 

2 hours ago, nogbad van 50 said:

One thing about last night’s game and quite a few others now is that it should make a few people re evaluate the silly transfer fees that were being touted as a possibility in selling Jason Knight.I love his energy and commitment but they should be a given.I’m struggling to see what else he brings to the team. Amalgamate him and Lawrence and you’d have some player though ! 

Sorry mate, can't agree. Class player IMO. He'll play Prem at some point.

7 hours ago, LincsRam said:

Jozwiak and Waghorn did nothing last night, Joz at least tried, waggy has zero pace and cement boots. I see some on here wishing for Lawrence, the same Lawrence who is bone idle and turns up at best in 1 match in 5?? I just think we need to sort out our wingers in the close season and have at least one creative midfielder.

I would happily take a 1 in 5 Tom Lawrence over this seasons 1 in 20 Waghorn.

19 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

There is a fixture list from a season in the 1920’s I recall in the Flowerpot and they are called Notts Forest on that so shows that they have been called that for years. 
will take a photo of it when we are allowed back in 

Seen that as well.

Everything from that period and prior and probably after has Notts Forest

image.thumb.png.bd945cf556fe6e551918adb8134e191e.png

3 hours ago, nogbad van 50 said:

He's still young and in spite of his poor performance, he has shown lots of promise. I guess high transfer fees at his age would be based  heavily around potential. I think he has shown enough already to suggest he can have a solid career. Championship and international footballer at his age, captain etc, he's done well.

On 27/02/2021 at 07:51, Gaspode said:

As a slight aside to the performance, did anyone else notice how many incredibly ugly players Florest have? I thought the tv microphones picked up the sound of a banjo playing from their changing room before the match - now I know why.... bunch of inbreds....

I actually had that conversation. Reminiscent of Arsenal in the George Graham era. Horrendous bunch

13 hours ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

He's still young and in spite of his poor performance, he has shown lots of promise. I guess high transfer fees at his age would be based  heavily around potential. I think he has shown enough already to suggest he can have a solid career. Championship and international footballer at his age, captain etc, he's done well.

Good young player but I think the captain thing is a nonsense. Should just be told to concentrate on what he is great at. No distractions at his age he knows Wazzer trusts him.

On 27/02/2021 at 14:49, oomarkwright said:

Strictly speaking the two Nottingham clubs should be called:-

Nottm County (in the City of Nottingham) and

Notts Forest (in the County of Nottinghamshire) 

Actually, Forest are based in West Bridgford, which is in the county but not the city (even though the ground is called the City Ground), while Notts County, despite being called Notts County, are based within the city
So technically speaking, it's actually more accurate to call Nottingham Forest "Notts Forest" than it is to call Notts County "Notts County"

6 hours ago, JfR said:

Actually, Forest are based in West Bridgford, which is in the county but not the city (even though the ground is called the City Ground), while Notts County, despite being called Notts County, are based within the city
So technically speaking, it's actually more accurate to call Nottingham Forest "Notts Forest" than it is to call Notts County "Notts County"

You just confirmed what I said!

So basically you are agreeing with me that Notts Forest is in the County of Nottinghamshire 

And Notts County should be called  nottm County! Lol. 

Archived