Rams v Red Dogs (Notts Forest) Match day Thread.

Boycie

Tell me if anyone's bored with me banging on about Notts Forest!

But, do we need a new chant:

We hate Notts Forest,
     and we hate Notts Forest ;
We hate Notts Forest,
We hate Notts Forest,
We are the Notts Forest haters!

Anyway, it made me smile!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard the Notts Forest fans were out last night with their birds celebrating a point, and getting carried away after listening to the pro Forest Sky Comentators, or when the Sky Commentators choose to just get behind any of the opposing teams we play when on Sky TV, when all of the usual suspects Goodman, Andrews, Prutton etc get all carried away and well behind whoever we are playing always emphasising how well the opposition have played then scrapping the barrell when showing highlights of the opposition, with a couple of missed placed headers by the opposition which Roos caught with no problems, whilst looking to pick up faults straight away with VAR calls in our goal and not really emphasing the fact we had the best chances in the game, Knight, Penalty Claim, Richards & Gregory to win the game comfortably.

Unfortunately some of our fans believe or are brainwashed with what these bumbling idiots come out with on Sky TV, but at least our wonderful manager Wayne Rooney isn't brainwashed by Sky TV and its pundits, and he and I know the game was their for us to win it and we had the better chances to win it.

I think the Sky pundits all watched "How to speak Nottingham by Rik Mayal" on You Tube for their pre match build up yet again and they can all go back to getting carried away with Dirty Leeds again and all the rest.

And Stuart Pearce looked like he was going to burst out of his rather tight jeans and cowboy boots!

Notts Forest fans out celebrating with their birds again............

Just now, Ken Tram said:

Tell me if anyone's bored with me banging on about Notts Forest!

But, do we need a new chant:

We hate Notts Forest,
We hate Notts Forest,
We hate Notts Forest,
We are the Notts Forest haters!

Anyway, it made me smile!

Just like me...the only one laughing at your jokes is yourself ?

I'm going to forget the Knight miss, the penalty we should have had, the comedy goal we conceded, the drop in standards thereafter, the fact we looked awful for stretches of the second half and remember instead the bullet from CKR. Lovely jubbly. Next.

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Rooney once again referred to the gumps as Notts Forest in the Sky interview.

Absolute top man. Once a Ram........?

You know what .. I bet he knows it winds them up .. That is what makes you like him. The dead pan innocent  little needles that say “I am one of you”  .. well done Wayne 

1 minute ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I heard the Notts Forest fans were out last night with their birds celebrating a point, and getting carried away after listening to the pro Forest Sky Comentators, or when the Sky Commentators choose to just get behind any of the opposing teams we play when on Sky TV, when all of the usual suspects Goodman, Andrews, Prutton etc get all carried away and well behind whoever we are playing always emphasising how well the opposition have played then scrapping the barrell when showing highlights of the opposition, with a couple of missed placed headers by the opposition which Roos catched with no problem, whilst looking to pick up faults straight away with VAR calls in our goal and not really emphasing the fact we had the best chances in the game, Knight, Penalty Claim, Richards & Gregory to win the game comfortably, unfortunately some of our fans believe ot are brainwashed with what these bumbling idiots come out with on Sky TV, but at least our wonderful manager Wayne Rooney isn't brainwashed by Sky TV and its pundits, and he and I know the game was their for us to win it and we had the better chances to win it.

I think the Sky pundits all watched "How to speak Nottingham by Rik Mayal" on You Tube for their pre match build up yet again and they can all go back to getting carried away with Dirty Leeds again and all the rest.

And Stuart Pearce looked like he was going to burst out of his rather tight jeans and cowboy boots!

Really.....SKY, the BBC, the Mirror, the Fail, the Guardian, the EFL......everyone seems to have it in for us Rams ?

5 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I heard the Notts Forest fans were out last night with their birds celebrating a point, and getting carried away after listening to the pro Forest Sky Comentators, or when the Sky Commentators choose to just get behind any of the opposing teams we play when on Sky TV, when all of the usual suspects Goodman, Andrews, Prutton etc get all carried away and well behind whoever we are playing always emphasising how well the opposition have played then scrapping the barrell when showing highlights of the opposition, with a couple of missed placed headers by the opposition which Roos caught with no problems, whilst looking to pick up faults straight away with VAR calls in our goal and not really emphasing the fact we had the best chances in the game, Knight, Penalty Claim, Richards & Gregory to win the game comfortably.

Unfortunately some of our fans believe or are brainwashed with what these bumbling idiots come out with on Sky TV, but at least our wonderful manager Wayne Rooney isn't brainwashed by Sky TV and its pundits, and he and I know the game was their for us to win it and we had the better chances to win it.

Joe Worrell after getting the MOTM award and a point against Barcelona.

1 minute ago, TimRam said:

It was strange how their goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of us though

Where was the fighting spirit. We caved, which is what we always seemed to do. In last 9(Sky stats?) games when we concede first we do not go on to win.

Our passing was dreadful, only 78%. It was just rubbish all round last night, glad I hadn't dragged myself down to PP to watch it live!

23 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think Shinnie had one of his poorest games for us last night (I am a big Shinnie fan,  he won't have many that bad) and due to Forest's good defensive shape Buchanan and Byrne were less adventurous in their forward runs than usual. Jozwiak and Waghorn were moving infield but the overlaps weren't there often enough. (Byrne did put some better balls in first half.) Knight can be hard to find at times, reminds me of Bryson in that respect! 

As you say, withought a driving midfielder like Sibley, this then limits Bird's passing options, forcing him to play the safer pass that people are complaining about.

Our midfield options are limited with Bielik 's injury and I worry about their energy playing twice weekly with very few options for rotation. Experience is also a factor, with two out of three of our regular starters still learning their trade. I agree we need to address this next window and am sure we will. Unfortunately, more urgent needs were met in this last window, and money was a big consideration. 

I agree with most of that. I didn’t think Shinnie was that bad last night. Not his best I agree but thought when he were on top he was one of our better players. Second half he wasn’t that effective but still breaks things up and helped with the defensive effort. I do think playing him and Bird in a two inhibits Bird, but maybe that’s more Max needing to back himself to look forward more and let Shinnie do the defensive side. I think of how Eustace played the holding role, it just gave Brys Jeff and Hughes (which ever combination played) to go and cause havoc with the front three. No reason why this team can’t do that in time, but maybe more development required from the likes of Knight Bird and Sibley. They also need help from the wide players.

Im sure how many more times Rooney can say we weren't good enough, before it becomes apparent the players aren't good enough full stop. Our midfield is poor, this is where games are won and lost, Knight, he covers so much ground and puts tackles in but he can't co trio a game. Shinnie is so one dimensional, nothing creative in there whatsoever  and Bird who I believe is our best youth prospect, seems to be stuck in his progress and even possibly moving backwards.

Our wingers are meh at best, they can't take a player on and beat them, they aren't fast enough to provide a danger on the counter attack and very rarely get into positions to put a good cross into the box. 

A lot of credit has to goto Rooney for making us an effective unit with what we have, I have seen a lot of posts laughing at the way the Red Dogs play and saying we wouldn't want to see that every week. I'm not sure what they have been watching this season. Maybe I'm missing something but I have not seen us play good or attractive football or season. I get why, but unless there is investment into this squad in the summer, next season will be the same, we haven't got the players to play good football. 

3 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Im sure how many more times Rooney can say we weren't good enough, before it becomes apparent the players aren't good enough full stop. Our midfield is poor, this is where games are won and lost, Knight, he covers so much ground and puts tackles in but he can't co trio a game. Shinnie is so one dimensional, nothing creative in there whatsoever  and Bird who I believe is our best youth prospect, seems to be stuck in his progress and even possibly moving backwards.

Our wingers are meh at best, they can't take a player on and beat them, they aren't fast enough to provide a danger on the counter attack and very rarely get into positions to put a good cross into the box. 

A lot of credit has to goto Rooney for making us an effective unit with what we have, I have seen a lot of posts laughing at the way the Red Dogs play and saying we wouldn't want to see that every week. I'm not sure what they have been watching this season. Maybe I'm missing something but I have not seen us play good or attractive football or season. I get why, but unless there is investment into this squad in the summer, next season will be the same, we haven't got the players to play good football. 

BUT.....apart from that...you think we are a good and attractive side ?

I've wasted time trying to work out what Notts first fans are upset about!

It's 99 percent pendantry. They just get upset because they think it's incorrect.

However, I found one post, that said that Notts Forest were called Notts Forest for years. But that Brian Clough didn't like it, and supporters have followed his lead ever since.  

Anyway ... a few bonus Brian Clough quotations:

‘Players lose you games – not tactics. There’s so much crap talked about tactics by people who couldn’t win a game of dominoes.’

‘A team with only an OK goalkeeper is always looking over its shoulder.’

‘Resigning at Derby was a piss-poor decision on my part – in fact it’s the worst I’ve ever made.’

5 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

I think Rooney has gotten us really well organised which has helped get us out of a very very sticky situation to one where a few more wins and we should be safe. The fact is we do need to improve our playing squad with 3 or 4 additions if we are to have a promotion push next season. As hard working as shinnie and knight have been, neither of them have the ability to pick a pass or take the game by the scruff of the neck if they get out run we lose the midfield battle.

So we need a midfielder essentially like and if only it could be, will Hughes to take hold of a game. Hope bielik comes back ASAP aswell cause we miss him in the holding role. I don’t know what it is with bird but he seems afraid to play any pass that isn’t sideways or backwards at the moment. Has to learn to be braver. Hopefully it will come with age. 

Then like you say at least one or two new wide players, but really good championship wide players are hard to come by and at a cost. (Id love knockeart at Derby - if only we had some money in the summer to try pry him from Fulham - I imagine he will make a perm switch to forest) 

id make Gregory, edmundson and Clarke in an ideal world perm signings. I think we would be sorted defensively after that! We aren’t a million miles away we just need a couple of more technically gifted players on the ball. 

Bottom line is that our tactics were completely wrong last night, and it cost us, because the Gumps were there for the taking. Wayne has done well, using an almost built-in tactical nouse to get the best out of what is available to him, but messed up last night. I thought against Huddersfield that if we upped the tempo just a little we would have murdered them, but chose to stroll to a comfortable 2 - 0, maybe conserving energy for last night. He needn't have bothered, going instead to improving our goal difference, which isn't the best.

Wayne spoke of understanding the importance of local "Derby" games, and he should know, but I wonder if that importance made him go for too much caution? As with the Huddersfield, only a slight increase in tempo would have been enough. A telling stat after about 25 minutes was that 78% of the possession was around the centre circle, and with us having most of that possession told us that the Chuckle Brothers had decided our tactics. Even so, the Knight miss, and the EFL Rule Book regulation that Derby County don't get penalties stifled any chance of winning. Score then, and it would be game over. And yes, it most definitely was a penalty. Although it looked like the defender turned his body away form the ball, the replay actually shows him raising his bent arm to a 90 degree angle as he turned, ie deliberate handball. But the match turned, not so much on the goalkeeping error, but on the shocking defending before it. It was if they were on the children's quiz show with Mike Reid shouting "Run Around! Run Around!" We were all over the shop, with no-one near the shot when it happened. If we seemed slow and ponderous before then .................................

People have been quick to slam Joswiack and Bird last night, but the biggest problem, yet again, was Waghorn. He finally did something well the other night, and suddenly he has become the pivotal point of the entire squad, and hardly anyone criticised him. Sibley hardly gets a look in because "he needs to play better" (and Waghorn doesn't?), and because Louie is a walking red card. Well Waghorn was not far off another red for yet another stupid challenge last night, his passing was atrocious and he got in the way of an absolute sitter for Jason Knight. And what we needed last night was Sibley because he is virtually always in forwards gear, and will run at the opposition. I don't even know if he realises what a sideway pass is. And guess what? Our best period, with the most threats on goal, was when (a) Sibley came on and (b) Waghorn finally went off. Co-incidence?

The criticism for Max Bird is rather harsh, especially when he is playing in a more advanced role, because he really does look to move the ball forwards, and he does try to split the defence with a through ball. His problem last night wasn't that he was hiding - he was positioning himself as he usually does, but Chris Hughton had worked out how to man-mark him without having a man on him all match. It was simply using the angles in the same way that a keeper does, as Bramhall Ram had noticed. One player simply makes a single step to block off the pass and Bird doesn't get the ball. Similarly, the criticism of Joswaick is largely unwarranted. We don't have the players with sufficient vision to find him with the ball, which means he often has to go and get it for himself. He virtually always has two Or three men marking him, so despite his ability to keep the ball and beat his man, he ends up with too much to do. And the lack of people with vision around him to make a pass available hampeRs him. I bet he really misses Beilik, and at the moment He is wasted in this squad.

That last 10 minutes was a case of "Look what you could have had", because we were running the Trees ragged, so although it was point robbed, in reality it was 2 points spaffed up the wall.

However the golden bit is that we can and will play better. Forest can't! ? ? ? ?

COME ON YOU RAMS!

1 hour ago, TimRam said:

Fair result typical of this fixture to be honest. Forest and us had decent recent form and cancelled each other out for the most part. It was strange how their goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of us though till last 10/15 mins.

We've failed to make a comeback after going a goal down for so long that it will take a while for us to start believing again. Hopefully that goal will give the lads a bit of confidence so that they know they have a chance of getting something from a losing position. 

46 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Bottom line is that our tactics were completely wrong last night, and it cost us, because the Gumps were there for the taking. Wayne has done well, using an almost built-in tactical nouse to get the best out of what is available to him, but messed up last night. I thought against Huddersfield that if we upped the tempo just a little we would have murdered them, but chose to stroll to a comfortable 2 - 0, maybe conserving energy for last night. He needn't have bothered, going instead to improving our goal difference, which isn't the best.

Wayne spoke of understanding the importance of local "Derby" games, and he should know, but I wonder if that importance made him go for too much caution? As with the Huddersfield, only a slight increase in tempo would have been enough. A telling stat after about 25 minutes was that 78% of the possession was around the centre circle, and with us having most of that possession told us that the Chuckle Brothers had decided our tactics. Even so, the Knight miss, and the EFL Rule Book regulation that Derby County don't get penalties stifled any chance of winning. Score then, and it would be game over. And yes, it most definitely was a penalty. Although it looked like the defender turned his body away form the ball, the replay actually shows him raising his bent arm to a 90 degree angle as he turned, ie deliberate handball. But the match turned, not so much on the goalkeeping error, but on the shocking defending before it. It was if they were on the children's quiz show with Mike Reid shouting "Run Around! Run Around!" We were all over the shop, with no-one near the shot when it happened. If we seemed slow and ponderous before then .................................

People have been quick to slam Joswiack and Bird last night, but the biggest problem, yet again, was Waghorn. He finally did something well the other night, and suddenly he has become the pivotal point of the entire squad, and hardly anyone criticised him. Sibley hardly gets a look in because "he needs to play better" (and Waghorn doesn't?), and because Louie is a walking red card. Well Waghorn was not far off another red for yet another stupid challenge last night, his passing was atrocious and he got in the way of an absolute sitter for Jason Knight. And what we needed last night was Sibley because he is virtually always in forwards gear, and will run at the opposition. I don't even know if he realises what a sideway pass is. And guess what? Our best period, with the most threats on goal, was when (a) Sibley came on and (b) Waghorn finally went off. Co-incidence?

The criticism for Max Bird is rather harsh, especially when he is playing in a more advanced role, because he really does look to move the ball forwards, and he does try to split the defence with a through ball. His problem last night wasn't that he was hiding - he was positioning himself as he usually does, but Chris Hughton had worked out how to man-mark him without having a man on him all match. It was simply using the angles in the same way that a keeper does, as Bramhall Ram had noticed. One player simply makes a single step to block off the pass and Bird doesn't get the ball. Similarly, the criticism of Joswaick is largely unwarranted. We don't have the players with sufficient vision to find him with the ball, which means he often has to go and get it for himself. He virtually always has two Or three men marking him, so despite his ability to keep the ball and beat his man, he ends up with too much to do. And the lack of people with vision around him to make a pass available hampeRs him. I bet he really misses Beilik, and at the moment He is wasted in this squad.

That last 10 minutes was a case of "Look what you could have had", because we were running the Trees ragged, so although it was point robbed, in reality it was 2 points spaffed up the wall.

However the golden bit is that we can and will play better. Forest can't! ? ? ? ?

COME ON YOU RAMS!

Didn’t Mike Reid say “Ga ga ga ga GO!!!” In Runaround ?

2 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

The guy got done for criminal damage a few years ago when he found out that a cat had killed his parrot and he thought that it was local youths who had organised this so went round to a neighbour's hours and smashed the place up after he found his parrot dead at home and a cat sneaking out of his house.

Genuinely true story. 

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

BUT.....apart from that...you think we are a good and attractive side ?

Give me winning football over being an attractive side after the past 10 years, let's just not pretend we are something we are not at the moment ?

Archived