The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

37 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Hope you can all still go.

Difficult to understand why so strict on Portugal now but weren't with India when they were had a fast spreading variant.

Beeb: There is also "a sort of Nepal mutation of the so-called Indian variant which has been detected, and we just don't know the potential for that to be a vaccine defeating mutation," Shapps says.

He says we "simply don't want to take the risk as we come up to 21 June and the review of the fourth stage of the unlock".

He says "a bit of patience is needed here" and "we don't want to risk the 21 June reopening."

He says "goodness knows the travel industry has suffered" and support is ongoing.

Blackmail. No 21st June unlocking if you go abroad.

24 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

I was going to write a long post and go into the nuances of each of my assertions but thought I'd save us all and sum up thusly:

What a load of balls this all is.

More govt baalocks of the 'Barnard Castle' standard.

Clever German folk dispute the effectiveness of lockdowns. Fools don’t they know the DCFCFans forum has already debunked that theory. 

Signed Mark

Edited by TexasRam

27 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Didn’t we highlight all that a few days ago? Transit passengers can get through pretty easily.

The biggest problem now, as highlighted in the piece, is that the rules keep changing and nobody is really sure..

I am meant to be in Italy next week if everything falls into place but I can, in theory, get back as an exception.

41 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Like most things doesnt this just require a bit of goodwill and common sense from the general public?

Why is everyone so keen all of a sudden to live in a nanny state where the Government control your every move and unless it is spelt out in instructions for 3 year olds you have to pretend not to understand?

Not sure why the Councillor is making comments about the transmissibility of the virus, why not just stick to the facts?

30 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Is the Memsahib enjoying a post-coital cigarette whilst you are typing this?

I know nothing - although she is sitting next to @sage at the moment. Also, she doesn't smoke - she vapes (and possibly steams)