The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

14 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

I've been in Madrid since 28th December and masks are still mandatory on the metro. They all seem pretty relaxed about it, like they realise it's not that big an impostion 

Same in Berlin, FFP2s are mandatory on public transport, unless you have an exemption. Which I learned while planning a trip over.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Fair point. I guess I just found this thread seriously lost it’s way when political point scoring seemed to take over. A bit like the finance thread.

It's difficult to have a conversation about coronavirus without discussing how your government has handled public safety. It's hard to discuss government policy without it becoming political. Where the line is, that's going to be different for every reader. What's fair comment to one is a witch hunt to another. 

To be honest, despite the accusations of bias in favour of the left, you only have to look at who the top posters are to question that. 

Since the thread turned into a void for angry people to yell into, its lost all relevance and most people have moved on to less tiresome topics. 

7 hours ago, GboroRam said:

It's difficult to have a conversation about coronavirus without discussing how your government has handled public safety. It's hard to discuss government policy without it becoming political. Where the line is, that's going to be different for every reader. What's fair comment to one is a witch hunt to another. 

To be honest, despite the accusations of bias in favour of the left, you only have to look at who the top posters are to question that. 

Since the thread turned into a void for angry people to yell into, its lost all relevance and most people have moved on to less tiresome topics. 

I would have thought the people receiving bans from the thread would give a better indication rather than number of posts...

On 05/01/2023 at 22:38, 86 Hair Islands said:

Of bias? In what way? Genuine question. 

In people, with a different leaning to a moderator, receiving bans for completely innocuous comments whilst people of the same leaning being allowed to continually flout the rules regarding political comments.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

In people, with a different leaning to a moderator, receiving bans for completely innocuous comments whilst people of the same leaning being allowed to continually flout the rules regarding political comments.

If you have any issues with the moderation, speak to David. 

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

In fairness G Star, nearly all of my warnings and bans have been issued by Gboro and I've not contested a single one as I felt all were warranted under the rules laid out by the owner. Without wishing to turn this into any form of debate, let's not conflate someone's political leanings in terms of their own posts, with outright bias.

Also, at the end of the day, nobody is twisting our arm to use a forum where any such bias may exist and even more so, to post in the more contentious threads. We make our own choices in that regard and there are more suitable platforms for 'lively debate' than DCFC Fans.

Lastly, I have been given bans for superficially innocuous comments too, but accepted them on the basis of 'totting up'. We've all got into to it at times, after all. 

Thank you for answering my question all the same.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands
Urgh, typos

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

In fairness G Star, nearly all of my warnings and bans have been issued by Gboro and I've not contested a single one as I felt all were warranted under the rules laid out by the owner. Without wishing to turn this into any form of debate, let's not conflate someone's political leanings in terms of their own posts, with outright bias.

Also, at the end of the day, nobody is twisting our arm to use a forum where any such bias may exist and even more so, to post in the more contentious threads. We make our own choices in that regard and there are more suitable platforms for 'lively debate' than DCFC Fans.

Lastly, I have been given bans for superficially innocuous comments too, but accepted them on the basis of 'totting up'. We've all got into to it at times, after all. 

If I was a moderator I would now give you a 30 day cooling off period for being overly reasonable. Yuk.

5 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I didn't mention Gboro did I, strange that you have assumed that who is I am talking about ?

I also agree regarding using the forum, hence why I am no longer as active as I once was.

Edited by G STAR RAM